“B & B a Delightful surprise; great hostess.”

Reen's Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochester
Reen's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Rochester B&B and Inns
Cortland, New York
“B & B a Delightful surprise; great hostess.”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I found Reen's B & B when looking to be in Rochester multiple times over several weeks. It was ultimately nearly 50 nights over 5 months & Reen's was a great choice! Reen has homey bedrooms with comfortable bedding, & allows use of her home: the refrigerator, kitchen (to make lunch or dinner), living room, porch, even extending an invitation to join her book club for s'mores while they sat in the large back yard at a campfire. She makes a satisfying & healthy full breakfast, choosing juices, fresh fruits, & whole grains while cooking some specialty each morning. She won't let you leave hungry, an added bonus during my time away from home. After several weeks, Reen just charged me a bit extra to cover breakfasts the weeks my better half joined me. Her home is old (she's lived there many years), with a claw foot tub & radiators. Whimsical & quaint decor. Easy to come and go as you please. Kids and pets seemed welcome. Location was good for me as most budget priced motels were quite far from the city, saving on drive time & gas.

Room Tip: Rooms do not have A/C but one has a sleeping porch with a breeze. Bring travel toiletries.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Reen is just fantastic. She goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable, relaxed, and without a worry in the world. We stayed at this B&B with friends and family and everyone has been raving about their stay. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and beautiful. I have a gluten allergy and Reen made the most delicious breakfasts I could eat! The location is great, the rooms are clean and well kept, and the price cannot be beat for the superb accommodations and service. Even though we live in the area, we hope to stay at Reen's again and will be recommending this B&B to all visitors. If you're looking for a personalized, thoughtful, and comfortable alternative to stuffy B&Bs and grimy hotels, look no further and stay at Reen's!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LMC0601
札幌
Reviewed 12 October 2012

You need somebody to share your experience when you travel alone.
This is the place I recommend. Nice warm breakfast, a cosy atmosphere, and the warmest hospitality I ever had. I am really glad I chose Reen's B & B.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank eigomama
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My daughter and I stayed there recently and the room was beautifully done. Reen was a wonderful host who even got up at 5AM to make breakfast before an early train. Great art and items around the house. 4 rooms only.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Keith K
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

We had everything we needed here while looking at the U of Rochester and Reen is a wonderful hostess as everyone has mentioned. The breakfast was superb and the setting on the porch was lovely. We had to change our plan (we got a last minute appointment at another school) and left a day early and though I told Reen that she should bill us for the total stay, she was very gracious about it and said that it was fine. Very nice stay!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank azoomi
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Reen has a comfortable, attractive, well appointed home. She is a very gracious hostess. An excellent breakfast was served at my convenience. It was like staying at the home of a friend - but only better.

Room Tip: All rooms appear equally attractive.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank bdominus
Lockport, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Reen says, " Let me fuss over you" and she does! The rooms are spotless and have an eclectically vintage flair which suits the home and the hostess. Her enthusiasm and spirit makes you feel welcome from the start. Ask for her waffles for breakfast and enjoy them on the front porch, just delightful. If you have any dietary restrictions, be sure to tell her & she will go to extremes to make sure you have more than enough to eat.
We will return!