Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece
US$125
US$125
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$90
Great 4.5/5
All reviewshotel is centrally locatedquick driverenovated roomnice rooman older hotelvisiting familycomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I went on line and booked a room for my sons wedding. i was able to get a better rate so I cancelled my room and got a different room. In order to proceed with my 1st reservation; on line, I had to check the " agreement" box. So I did. apparently the agreement says the room is non refundable. I was able to cancel the room but not get my money back! why the hell would that be an option? It is not like I cancelled the day before. I cancelled way in advance! So this hotel took my money even though I did not stay in the room. I will never use a holiday inn again. I will also let everyone know how the Holiday inn does business. I am out 125$ the month my son got married. Also the manager had no sympothy at all! I'm so upset and now have to budget with less than 125$ in my pocket.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Millie K.

We offer our guests who book online the "Book Early & Save-Advanced Purchase" rate as an option to receive a greater discount off of our normal room rate by committing to a non-rundable deposit. We do offer several other rate that carry no restrictions. I am sorry that you did not fully understand the terms of the reservation you booked and the clauses you agreed to prior to booking your reservation. I wish you would have called the hotel directly before cancelling the the room online and rebooking it under your relatives corporate rate.

I was a pleasure to speak with you and your husband and hear that you did enjoy your stay at our location.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Visitor to town stayed one night. Comfortable bed, nice TV, fridge was nice touch. Large sink outside bathroom, bathroom was decent size. Hotel is aging but no major issues other than the elevator which has a warping floor and is slower than rush hour traffic on the thruway. Located within walking distance of several restaurants and complimentary breakfast meets HIE standards. Would recommend to others when the prices are reasonable

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveltime841
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Traveltime841,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We hope that you had a safe journey home and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here while visiting relatives in the area. We had requested a quiet room, but upon check-in were told that they were full and they could not adjust our room. The room was near the elevator. There were a bunch of kids sports teams staying in the hotel on our first night. They were quite noisy, running up and down the hall at 10pm at night. The rooms are not very sound proof. We kept the fan in the bathroom on to try to block the noise. The breakfast was very poor. The only thing edible was the bagels. We had just stayed in another HIE in Albany, which was much better. We won't be staying here on our next trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Catwings,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was with us was less than enjoyable. I apologize for the noise in the hotel the weekend you stayed. We do our best to control the noise but unfortunately we were not able to do it this time. I am also sorry to hear that you did not like our breakfast. I will review your comments with our breakfast host to see what may have gone arye.

Again I aplogize for the less than perfect experience during your stay.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I've stayed in the hotel a few times since it opened, and the last time was 3 years ago. It is starting to show it's age (carpets in halls and rooms dirty, walls need painting, etc.), but it's still a good place to stay. The sink/counter are a beautiful tourquoise, and it's located outside the tub/shower and toilet room. The open vanity shelves provide lots of storage for toiletries or folded clothes. Dresser and closet space is also available. Other features include a flat screen TV, upholstered chair, work desk, mini refrigerator, & small microwave. There are plenty of outlets and no wi fi connection problems. A hot/cold buffet is included with standard continental fare. The fitness center is small with only 1 tradmill, 1 bike, 1 eliptcal and a weight machine and doesn't open until 6:30 AM. The business center includes 2 computer stations in a private room vs. in the open lobby, and the USA Today and NY Times are complimentary. The elevator was VERY slow. My key didn't work upon check-in and I had to make a trip back down to the lobby. Then the TV didn't come on, but maintenance responded immediately and it was only that the cable box was off.The front desk clerks are helpful, but have no personality and move slowly. The location is close to expressways and walking distance to restaurants. The airport is approx, 15 min away.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 16 are near elevator Priority Gold/Platnum Lounge - 2nd floor Sun-Thurs 2pm-11pm, for complementary soda and water. Fitness center - room 118
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear DeeDee134,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and hope that you again will be our guest in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This place is a dump
Stained carpet front door of rm stained carpet ifo sink unknown white substance and hair on desk chair; urine stains on tile ifo of toilet!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bwelshe67
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear BWelshe67,

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay was not up to standards. I will definitely investgate the conditions you described and see that they are corrected. I know that there is never an excuse for providing a guest such as yourself with anything less than the perfect experience. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations on this visit to our hotel.