“ramblinrose”

Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We have stayed at this property many times and they are very consistent. The staff is the best, always friendly, welcoming and helpful. Our last visit to the area was from Feb. 7-10 during which time there was a snow storm. We were so surprised and most appreciative when the Manager, Mr. Laroy Burgess, arrived very early the morning after the storm and brushed off our vehicle and shovelled around it to make it easier for us to get in and out. He did this for all his customers that morning. He went beyond any of our expectations - thank you so much! The rooms are always clean and the breakfast buffet runs smoothly and consists of all you need. Good value, recommend it and we'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Rambinrose,

Thank you for your kind comments. We always try to exceed our guest’s expectation and I am glad that we were able to do that for you. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you are one of our guests in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I chose this hotel for the location (near a customer I needed to visit) and the price. My prior experiences with Holiday Inn Express hotels have been positive and this one did not disappoint. Smooth check-in, strong wifi (which was free for me but I'm not if it is free for all or because I was a priority club member) and comfortable, clean room. Free breakfast buffet was solid, nothing fancy but it hit the spot. No complaints here, I would stay again here if I need to come into the area again. Overall very good value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear Keesio,

It was a pleasure reading your review this afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I will see that your comments are pasted along to the entire staff. To answer your one question all of our guest receive complimentary wireless. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Rochester.

L Burgess

Reviewed 7 November 2012

This was my second stay at this property and both were enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was spotless. The bed was comfortable, though the air unit was on the loud side. The location was good for my business needs, with lots of [chain] restaurants within walking distance or a quick drive. My one big knock on this hotel was the size of the bathroom. I have no problem having the sink outside of the bathroom, but the actual bathroom was TINY. The toilet was jammed against the wall right next to the tub. It was hard to keep my legs in the bathroom. But, if that's the worst, I can deal with it. I would go back if I had to be in the area again for work.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear Majorgal,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are glad that your found our hotel comfortable and clean. I am sorry that we can not change the physical size of the bathroom to mak eyour stay even more enjoyable. Have a great Holiday season and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel was very nice with a TERRIFIC layout for breakfast. It was like being at a buffet with all of the choices they gave available. The only downfall to the whole experience was there is only 1 smoking disabled room on the first floor so it was a bit tough getting to our room. My only suggestion is to add another 1 or 2 smoking rooms to the lower level as there IS some of us smokers left that need to be on the lower levels!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara S
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Barbara S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this site. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast had a pleasant stay. Unfortunately our hotel is 100% non smoking.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I went on line and booked a room for my sons wedding. i was able to get a better rate so I cancelled my room and got a different room. In order to proceed with my 1st reservation; on line, I had to check the " agreement" box. So I did. apparently the agreement says the room is non refundable. I was able to cancel the room but not get my money back! why the hell would that be an option? It is not like I cancelled the day before. I cancelled way in advance! So this hotel took my money even though I did not stay in the room. I will never use a holiday inn again. I will also let everyone know how the Holiday inn does business. I am out 125$ the month my son got married. Also the manager had no sympothy at all! I'm so upset and now have to budget with less than 125$ in my pocket.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Millie K.

We offer our guests who book online the "Book Early & Save-Advanced Purchase" rate as an option to receive a greater discount off of our normal room rate by committing to a non-rundable deposit. We do offer several other rate that carry no restrictions. I am sorry that you did not fully understand the terms of the reservation you booked and the clauses you agreed to prior to booking your reservation. I wish you would have called the hotel directly before cancelling the the room online and rebooking it under your relatives corporate rate.

I was a pleasure to speak with you and your husband and hear that you did enjoy your stay at our location.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Visitor to town stayed one night. Comfortable bed, nice TV, fridge was nice touch. Large sink outside bathroom, bathroom was decent size. Hotel is aging but no major issues other than the elevator which has a warping floor and is slower than rush hour traffic on the thruway. Located within walking distance of several restaurants and complimentary breakfast meets HIE standards. Would recommend to others when the prices are reasonable

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveltime841
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear Traveltime841,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We hope that you had a safe journey home and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here while visiting relatives in the area. We had requested a quiet room, but upon check-in were told that they were full and they could not adjust our room. The room was near the elevator. There were a bunch of kids sports teams staying in the hotel on our first night. They were quite noisy, running up and down the hall at 10pm at night. The rooms are not very sound proof. We kept the fan in the bathroom on to try to block the noise. The breakfast was very poor. The only thing edible was the bagels. We had just stayed in another HIE in Albany, which was much better. We won't be staying here on our next trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Catwings,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was with us was less than enjoyable. I apologize for the noise in the hotel the weekend you stayed. We do our best to control the noise but unfortunately we were not able to do it this time. I am also sorry to hear that you did not like our breakfast. I will review your comments with our breakfast host to see what may have gone arye.

Again I aplogize for the less than perfect experience during your stay.