“Great for Business travel”

Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Pennsylvania
“Great for Business travel”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed here for business. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were very pleasent and polite. Location is great. Right of the highway for easy access to the job site. Couple of dining choice nearby. Free breakfast was quite good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear luki13,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we greatly appreciate it. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in February and hope that you able to be our guest again in the near future. Please stop our desk and introduce yourself because we do like to know who are reviewers are.

Again, thank you from the entire staff.

L. Burgess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Our family of four stayed at the HIE with two other families this past weekend. It we definitely a good stay for the price. The rooms appear recently renovated and were very clean. The double beds were a tad small but comfortable. It is a non-smoking hotel which is great as well. The hotel is located right off the I-390 and is close to food establishments (Starbucks is literally across the street!) and general shopping.

The stay includes a complimentary buffet breakfast which was pretty decent also. Good variety which included milk, yogurt, eggs, bacon/sausage, toast, pancakes, bagels, cereal, coffee/tea, bananas.

WIFI was available for free throughout the hotel and the signal was strong as they have multiple routers setup.

Overall we were very happy with HIE. Check-in and check-out were painless and the staff was friendly.

If I had to complain about anything it would be the very small washrooms, the older, single elevator and dim lighting in the hallways...but not a huge deal.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Drtse,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and I will see that they are passed along to the staff. We look forward to having you again as one of our guests in the near future.

General Manger
Toronto
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We have stayed at this property many times and they are very consistent. The staff is the best, always friendly, welcoming and helpful. Our last visit to the area was from Feb. 7-10 during which time there was a snow storm. We were so surprised and most appreciative when the Manager, Mr. Laroy Burgess, arrived very early the morning after the storm and brushed off our vehicle and shovelled around it to make it easier for us to get in and out. He did this for all his customers that morning. He went beyond any of our expectations - thank you so much! The rooms are always clean and the breakfast buffet runs smoothly and consists of all you need. Good value, recommend it and we'll be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Rambinrose,

Thank you for your kind comments. We always try to exceed our guest’s expectation and I am glad that we were able to do that for you. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you are one of our guests in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I chose this hotel for the location (near a customer I needed to visit) and the price. My prior experiences with Holiday Inn Express hotels have been positive and this one did not disappoint. Smooth check-in, strong wifi (which was free for me but I'm not if it is free for all or because I was a priority club member) and comfortable, clean room. Free breakfast buffet was solid, nothing fancy but it hit the spot. No complaints here, I would stay again here if I need to come into the area again. Overall very good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Keesio,

It was a pleasure reading your review this afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I will see that your comments are pasted along to the entire staff. To answer your one question all of our guest receive complimentary wireless. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Rochester.

L Burgess
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This was my second stay at this property and both were enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was spotless. The bed was comfortable, though the air unit was on the loud side. The location was good for my business needs, with lots of [chain] restaurants within walking distance or a quick drive. My one big knock on this hotel was the size of the bathroom. I have no problem having the sink outside of the bathroom, but the actual bathroom was TINY. The toilet was jammed against the wall right next to the tub. It was hard to keep my legs in the bathroom. But, if that's the worst, I can deal with it. I would go back if I had to be in the area again for work.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear Majorgal,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are glad that your found our hotel comfortable and clean. I am sorry that we can not change the physical size of the bathroom to mak eyour stay even more enjoyable. Have a great Holiday season and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Corning, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel was very nice with a TERRIFIC layout for breakfast. It was like being at a buffet with all of the choices they gave available. The only downfall to the whole experience was there is only 1 smoking disabled room on the first floor so it was a bit tough getting to our room. My only suggestion is to add another 1 or 2 smoking rooms to the lower level as there IS some of us smokers left that need to be on the lower levels!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara S
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Dear Barbara S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this site. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast had a pleasant stay. Unfortunately our hotel is 100% non smoking.

Pendleton, New York, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I went on line and booked a room for my sons wedding. i was able to get a better rate so I cancelled my room and got a different room. In order to proceed with my 1st reservation; on line, I had to check the " agreement" box. So I did. apparently the agreement says the room is non refundable. I was able to cancel the room but not get my money back! why the hell would that be an option? It is not like I cancelled the day before. I cancelled way in advance! So this hotel took my money even though I did not stay in the room. I will never use a holiday inn again. I will also let everyone know how the Holiday inn does business. I am out 125$ the month my son got married. Also the manager had no sympothy at all! I'm so upset and now have to budget with less than 125$ in my pocket.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Millie K.

We offer our guests who book online the "Book Early & Save-Advanced Purchase" rate as an option to receive a greater discount off of our normal room rate by committing to a non-rundable deposit. We do offer several other rate that carry no restrictions. I am sorry that you did not fully understand the terms of the reservation you booked and the clauses you agreed to prior to booking your reservation. I wish you would have called the hotel directly before cancelling the the room online and rebooking it under your relatives corporate rate.

I was a pleasure to speak with you and your husband and hear that you did enjoy your stay at our location.