“Soccer Tournament”

Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I was supposed to visit Rochester for my 13yr old's soccer tourney but it got cancelled the afternoon we were supposed to leave...so very last minute cancellation. I had booked through their website the advanced purchase rate (non-refundable) to save some money. As I did not go, I called and asked if it were possible to have a credit for a future stay and the manager said possibly for a future stay but Doug the manager couldn't make any promises as he said it was their busy seaso. Believe me, I understand, but to be penalized for trying to save money for my family, no definite answer if credit could be given for future stay? Very disappointed in Holiday Inn...not only did I have to deal with my child's disappointment, but also with a hotel not willing to understand the situation and help a family man out...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Apollo S.,
We are sorry that you were not able to stay with us on your most recent planned trip to Rochester. The reservation you booked was a Non-Refundable reservation that offered you a substantial discount off of our Best Flex rate. This rate came with a restriction that there would be a forfeiture of your pre paid deposit for cancelling or changing your reservation. These restrictions for this rate are listed with the description of the rate and amenities for the room you chose.

We do offer several different rates for our hotel to try and accommodate as many guest needs as possible. In the future you may want to book a refundable rate if there is any doubt that you may need to change or cancel your reservation.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We chose to stay here because of the location next to the interstate and close to the places we were visiting along the lake. What we didn't realize is how close - within a short walk - several good restaurants are located. The room rate was reasonable and the room was clean and quiet. We had a couple minor problems - a broken toilet handle and a quirky TV remote that refused to work sometimes, so I left a note and I assume those will be taken care of. The breakfast was standard HIE fare, which meets our needs quite well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Birdguy
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Birdguy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you found our hotel to clean and quiet. I am soory for the minor issues you had with the room. I will follow up to see that they have been taken care of.

Again thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I just want to take a moment to express my thanks to the many individuals that made our stay such an enjoyable one last night. Allowing us access to our room early during the snow storm was much appreciated and we loved both the complimentary supper and breakfast. Our host during the meals, Kim, was especially friendly and went out of her way to meet our needs. A special thanks to the hotel staff member that helped dig out our van this morning. You went WAY above the call of duty. My husband, three children and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and feel this was the best hotel experience we've had in quite some time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Genille K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectation of us. I will see that your comments are passed along to the staff. They always enjoy hearing positive feedback and knowing that their efforts are noticed.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Would not recommend this property because the In-Room Heat and Air Conditioning units are outdated and noisy. We travelled in from out of town with small children to visit family and could not get them to sleep because of the noisy unit. As we arrived late, it would have been too disruptive to request a change of rooms. Luckily we had extra blankets and could keep warm by bundling up. These units should be quality tested by the property management from time to time to avoid this kind of problem - this unit sounded like a washing machine on the spin cycle.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectation during your stay. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and your family.

We have looked at the PTAC unit in your room and have taken the appropriate corrective action. We treasure all feedback we receive from our guests and use it to make ourselves better.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have stayed at this facility a number of times over the last few years and I have always found it a solid value. The room rate is reasonable, the rooms are quiet and comfortable, the location is convenient and the breakfast offers a wide array of choices including cooked breakfast options. The staff has always been gracious and accommodating and the room amenities, including Internet access, are comprehensive with a refrigerator and microwave in each room.

Room Tip: Second floor, away from the road (odd-numbered rooms) are usually quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Anthony H.,

Thank you for the kind review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I will use your review at our next staff meetign to let everyone know that our hard work does not go unnoticed. Again, thank you and we hope to have you again as one of our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Very convenient location, clean rooms, friendly staff (especially the guy in the cafe). My only complaint is the sheets were poor quality. Not the crispy clean high thread count like most hotels. I would recommend it and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Andyguck,

We are glad that you shared your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I will see that our breakfast host receives a copy of your review. I will also pass along your comments with regards to the quality of the sheets to our executive housekeeper. I will have her work with the laundry staff to insure that sheets not meeting our standards are removed from our inventory. thank you for letting us know how we can improve.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great location close to malls and restaurants. Perfect for us, driving from Toronto, Ontario, to Watkins Glen Park, in the Finger Lakes region. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and great breakfast in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear CinNemoto,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We hope you enjoyed your trip to the Finger Lakes Region and look forward to having you again as one of our guests.