Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece
US$211
Doubletree.com
US$95
US$85
All reviewshotel is centrally locatedquick driverenovated roomnice rooman older hotelvisiting familycomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was wonderful, friendly and very professional. Their breakfast is extremely awesome with a great variety. If you are looking for a terrific place to stay here would be a wonderful choice!! It is a easy on & off location with several restaurants around to eat. If you are unsure ask the front desk staff. They are more than willing to help!!

Room Tip: They have smoking rooms available too which is hard to find these days!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Barbara S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you found it clean and comfortable. We look forward to having you again as oneof our guest int he near future. Just a quick note about your room tip, our hotel is 100% smoke free. We do no thave any smoking rooms at this location.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on May 15th and 16th while we moved her out of her college dorm room. We were supposed to stay one more night but left early. I made the reservations online, very easy, and check in when we arrived was a breeze. The front desk staff were very nice. Our room, on the fourth floor, had two double beds, nice sheets, but awful pillows. The room has all that you should need for a couple nights stay at a hotel. Fridge, microwave, TV (good channel selection). The bathroom was ok, a bit tiny, with the sink in the room instead of in the bathroom itself. The sink drain was dirty with hair. Towels were plentiful, clean and soft. The rug in our room was not very clean, some stains on the far side of the bed, a chair in the corner was sticky so we just avoided it. The air/cool/heat vent fan worked properly but could use some cleaning. I have terrible allergies and because of heavy rain, we couldn't open the window so we used the fan which worked but smelled musty, could use a clean filter. Allergy attacks made it too difficult to stay for our third night so we left a day early. The roof in the hallway leaked, which the staff responded to promptly. We didn't have breakfast while there but plenty of choices, looked clean as well. Parking lot had plenty of light. Only disappointed that it didn't seem to matter that we were checking out a day early when we payed in full and would not be given a refund for that missed night. No questions asked. Still the staff were pleasant and if we can't book our usual hotel when returning my daughter to college, we would consider staying here again. Nice to be able to walk to Olive Garden next door. Small thing: vending machine always seemed to be out of water.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jan3295,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectation for your most recent stay. I will inform the executive housekeeper of the issue you have with the sink drain and the chair. I am sorry that you did not like our pillows. We just recently changed them to our new Holiday Inn Express pillow package were we offer a set of firm pillows and a set of soft pillows. If you could pass along what was wrong with the pillows I would to pass that information along to IHG for their considerations of the new pillows.
Again thank you for your feedback. Without it we will never know where we can improve.

General Manger

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I was supposed to visit Rochester for my 13yr old's soccer tourney but it got cancelled the afternoon we were supposed to leave...so very last minute cancellation. I had booked through their website the advanced purchase rate (non-refundable) to save some money. As I did not go, I called and asked if it were possible to have a credit for a future stay and the manager said possibly for a future stay but Doug the manager couldn't make any promises as he said it was their busy seaso. Believe me, I understand, but to be penalized for trying to save money for my family, no definite answer if credit could be given for future stay? Very disappointed in Holiday Inn...not only did I have to deal with my child's disappointment, but also with a hotel not willing to understand the situation and help a family man out...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Apollo S.,
We are sorry that you were not able to stay with us on your most recent planned trip to Rochester. The reservation you booked was a Non-Refundable reservation that offered you a substantial discount off of our Best Flex rate. This rate came with a restriction that there would be a forfeiture of your pre paid deposit for cancelling or changing your reservation. These restrictions for this rate are listed with the description of the rate and amenities for the room you chose.

We do offer several different rates for our hotel to try and accommodate as many guest needs as possible. In the future you may want to book a refundable rate if there is any doubt that you may need to change or cancel your reservation.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We chose to stay here because of the location next to the interstate and close to the places we were visiting along the lake. What we didn't realize is how close - within a short walk - several good restaurants are located. The room rate was reasonable and the room was clean and quiet. We had a couple minor problems - a broken toilet handle and a quirky TV remote that refused to work sometimes, so I left a note and I assume those will be taken care of. The breakfast was standard HIE fare, which meets our needs quite well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Birdguy
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Birdguy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you found our hotel to clean and quiet. I am soory for the minor issues you had with the room. I will follow up to see that they have been taken care of.

Again thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I just want to take a moment to express my thanks to the many individuals that made our stay such an enjoyable one last night. Allowing us access to our room early during the snow storm was much appreciated and we loved both the complimentary supper and breakfast. Our host during the meals, Kim, was especially friendly and went out of her way to meet our needs. A special thanks to the hotel staff member that helped dig out our van this morning. You went WAY above the call of duty. My husband, three children and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and feel this was the best hotel experience we've had in quite some time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Genille K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectation of us. I will see that your comments are passed along to the staff. They always enjoy hearing positive feedback and knowing that their efforts are noticed.