“I would go back”

Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We were in town for a wedding and had a very hard time picking a nice place to stay. Relatives picked this place so we followed them and found it to be nice. The continental breakfast included eggs, bacon and pancakes which made it stand out from most free breakfasts I've had.

The rooms were clean and comfortable sized for my family of 4. My kids are too big to share a bed so we generally bring along a single airbed for my son and he was able to fit very nicely at the foot of the bed while I shared a double with my daughter and my husband slept alone. I liked the refrigerator. The TV was a bit tricky and my son had messed it up by hitting the wrong button on top when trying to turn it on and we couldn't figure it out because the remote had dead batteries, but the girl at the desk was very nice and promptly came up to fix it for us then went back down and brought back the batteries. No biggie, these things happen. I was pleased the staff was so nice. We asked for a quiet room on an upper floor with no allergens and that is what we got.

There seemed to be a school of some kind outside our room window which made me consider that a person trying to sleep during a weekday or maybe a family with a napping child might want to request a room away from the school, but that's all I saw that made me stop and wonder.

Overall I would go back again, no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 August 2010

My wife and I stayed here for one night. I'll start out with my biggest complaint. The bathroom is small and I don't like having to press against the wall while using the toilet. The hotel was clean and the beds, though firm were comfortable. We both got a good night's sleep. The breakfast in the morning was very crowded, and as in many Holiday Inn Expresses, the breakfast dining area was too small. There were no tables available there, or in the lobby area, so I ate my breakfast items standing at first and then in my room. I must say that the breakfast staff was doing a good job of keeping the food available for the large number of people who were eating (I understand that the hotel was fully booked). As for convenience of location, it was right off the highway and there were a number of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, as well as a Starbucks directly across the street. Best to take the bridge walkway over the street as the street is wide and heavily traveled.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Went for a soccer tournament in Brockport, the drive is not bad to Brockport from this location and the teens loved it - very accomodating staff. . many thanks to front desk staff Adria, Ilona, Genee and Robin( AGM) and housekeeping Kim so friendly. The location is great close to the mall 3minutes drive and restaurants Olive Garden and Applybee's, so close you dont have to drive - literally a 2 minute walk.

• Stayed: July 2010
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2010

Dear Sadbrowne,

We very much appreciate your review of our hotel. I will see that your kind word are posted for all the staff to see. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again next year for the soccer tournament.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

First time I have stayed here, just what i wanted, clean, tidy, free wifi, HD TV and 5 minutes from work. Even got cinnamon roll packed to take to work with the coffee. Helpful friendly staff. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel for TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to having you as one of our guests on your next trip to Rochester.

Reviewed 25 April 2010

I've stayed at this property on two occasions during the past few years and I've been impressed by how quiet the rooms are (even those facing busy Ridge Road). There's always a smile at the front desk, the wi-fi is free in rooms and things are predictably good (or at least acceptable), as they typically are at a Holiday Inn Express. Two quibbles: the elevator is unbelievably, glacially slow, and the TV remote (one of those "new and improved" HD systems) is so far beyond confusing that it's totally worthless.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2010

Dear Rcepuch,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of you recent stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your time and effort. I apologize for the speed of the elevator and the confusing remote for the television. The speed of the elevator is not much I can do anything about until it would needs to be replaced. The remote on the other hand is something we are working on with our local Time Warner Cable Company. We are working with them to provide a simplified remote to work just the basic of our HD programming cable converter boxes, but so far they have not been successful. The manufacture of the cable boxes, used by Time Warner in Rochester have not developed a simplified remote for the hotel industry. So we have to use residential remotes. On your next stay with us please do not hesitate to contact the front desk if you need any help with our remotes.

Holiday Inn Express Rochester-Greece

Great Hotel, Guest Love

Reviewed 25 March 2010

Stayed here for two nights with friends to attend the hockey game on Saturday and Sunday. We had a special needs friend with us and the the staff were very understanding with him(thanks so much to all the staff) Check in was quick and easy, breakfast was great and plentiful( they are the best cinnimon rolls I've ever had)Check out was quick but no hadcopy of bill was offered( no big deal but should have been asked) All in all nice room bathroom is small and they have the lo-flow shower heads and I found a large stain on the wall hidden by a chair( room was recently refurbished I was told). I would stay here again for the price $88.00 per night.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2010

Dear Fuzzy164,

Thank you for your kind response. I will print out your comments and pass them along to the staff.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have you again as a guest at our hotel.

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 March 2010

WARNING DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL !!! The staff is very rude and the housekeeping supervisor is a complete witch. I overheard her yelling at a staff member during my stay and she has an attitude like she is too good for anyone. Customer Service was horrible and the rooms are too small, overpriced and dirty (stains on the sheets and carpets). There is so much more that went wrong during my stay and I will never stay here ever again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
GMHIERochester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2010

Dear "Starfish",

Thank you for bringing to our attention the experience you encountered at the Holiday Inn Express Rochester-Greece. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than the perfect experience for our guests.

Unfortunately, I have no way of contacting you. If you would contact me directly at the hotel (585)663-8400, I would like to discuss your stay with us and do what I can to make it "right" with you.

Providing excellent accommodations at a reasonable price is what we strive to do for every one of our guests. When we do not achieve this goal we greatly appreciate you taking time to let us know where improvements can be made.

Laroy C. Burgess