“Nice”
Review of La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour - MOVED

La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We Now Have Gluten-Free Items ,Come on in!! We are now open 7 to 9 p.m. for Dessers including the biggest dessert in Rochester! Our chef is back!!! WE are a café with a tearoom ambiance
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Went there with my mother in law. We had lunch on the porch. Very good! Also had a pot of tea. A bit pricey. The folks that work there are so friendly. They treat you like the have known you for years.( this was only my second visit) very quaint .

Reviewed 5 June 2013

I've been meaning to try La-Tea-Da for awhile now, and have been there two times now (and going back tomorrow!). The variety of teas offered is fantastic, and if you don't know what the tea tastes like, the waitstaff is very knowledgeable! The Duet Lunch for two was great with lots of food for $10/pp. The Afternoon Tea for one has tons of food, I had to take my desserts home! Stop in with your friends and with your kids; you'll love it!

maureen4tea, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

I'm so glad you came and enjoyed yourself Thank you and hope to see you again Maureen

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I've been to La-Tea-Da several times now and will go back as soon as I can. We have a great time when ever we go , it's just plain FUN. The dress up for the little ones is really great and the big kids also. The turkey ,bacon, brie cheese with apple butter is to die for, it should be on the menue everyday.The rest of the menue is also very good .I never had anything that I did not like.The bread pudding is HUGE and worht twice the price and I never liked bread pudding until now. Its great for couples, families and friends just a real good lunch.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I've been wanting to visit La-Tea-Da ever since it opened several years ago, so having my mom visit from out of town was the perfect opportunity for us to go. We choose to go for lunch on a weekday. We were asked if we had reservations (I had not even known that they take reservations--unfortunately, my several emails to the restaurant never received a response, and when I called last week about 1/2 hour after the opening time, I got a voice mail message). However, no reservations was no problem for our approximately 11:30 a.m. arrival. Although there was a party of 8 arriving at the same time, our waitress--actually a "nippie" in tea terms--still patiently took the time to show us the menu, explain about the various types of teas, and offer us the opportunity to select hats. Regarding the latter, one of the unique charms of La-Tea-Da is the various hat racks throughout the restaurant offering visitors the chance to do a bit of dress-up (children can do even more dress-up with plenty of play clothing available as well). There are wonderful selections, and patrons (all women when we were there!) are encouraged to have fun trying them on. Our waitress was wonderful, helping choose our tea by bringing out a tray of various loose leaf teas for us to sniff. We settled on a "Rainbow Rooibos," an excellent choice. All of the food we had was delicious, including Italian wedding soup, an eggplant wrap, a spinach quiche, a pear salad, and scones for dessert. Overall, we had a perfect lunch at La-Tea-Da and would not hesitate to return!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Let me start my saying that we had a great value for the price. My mother and I opted for the $16.95 afternoon tea and we had more food than we could eat.

Our sole dissatisfaction was that we were told we couldn't have scones because of the bus tour that had arrived. We were offered bread pudding instead. When the owner came around to ask how we were enjoying ourselves, i expressed my displeasure and she brushed me off with a comment about the bus tour. I also overheard other patrons complaining about not having scones. After all, when you think of 'afternoon tea', you think of scones. A short time later, I noticed that the table next to ours did receive scones, so I called our waitress back over and pointed that scones did seem to be available. Sure enough, someone 'found' some scones for us. I'd cut the tea room some slack IF the bus tour was an unexpected arrival, but I know for a fact that the bus company made reservations weeks in advance.

We were also never offered the hats that other reviwers mentioned, So, the experience left us a bit dissatisfied. I think I might go back, but I would definitely call ahead to ensure that we would not be competing with some large group.

maureen4tea, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Hello I am so sorry you had that experience that day .I have had only 1 tour bus this year and was going to close the house completely and p robably should have>.I did have another group that numbers increased so yes, we were overwhelmed!!! Please come back as my guests and let me know its you No worries ,we will make it up to you Thanks Maureen