“Very Nice”

Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
A TripAdvisor Member
Penn Yan, New York, USA
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Room was large and clean. I stayed in a room with a jacuzzi bath which was the main reason for booking the room. The only thing I thought was missing was a table as there was a kitchenette. I will certainly recommend this hotel to friends and will stay again if I ever plan to stay in the area again. We did not try the breakfast but it was avaiable and looked good with hot food and instant.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I'm glad to report that this one past the sheet test. We didn't have to change the sheets on arrival. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was heavenly, which is the most important part of the stay. I would put the sheets on my bed and the pillows were perfect. Rooms smelled fresh and clean which is second on my importance list. Breakfast was by far the best we had experienced since starting on our trip 2 weeks earlier. Other than the part of town it was located in, I have nothing but great things to say about this La Quinta.

1  Thank Diana2760
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here for a weekend wedding. The service was VERY friendly. Breakfast was good (and busy, but well-attended by the staff). The room was clean, but standard. It had an iron, board, hair dryer, and coffee maker. The beds and pillows are above average in comfort.

The downside: The treadmill in the fitness room wasn't working, there were some stains on the comforter (another reason not to use hotel comforters). We didn't tell the hotel about these things, so I can't tell you how they take care of problems.

We also had an interesting conversation with someone at our table at the wedding. They claimed working girls use this hotel. The neighborhood isn't exactly picturesque, but we saw NO evidence of this at all. I asked my aunt who lives nearby, and she said she didn't believe it.

Room Tip: There is what looked like a busy banquet hall with a busy patio on one side of the hotel. I could se...
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed here for one night during a weekend getaway. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. All things in the room were in working order. Good value. Bathroom could use some updates and grout cleaning on the floor tiles. We did not take advantage of the breakfast, but it seemed busy when we check out. Nice lobby area. North Rochester is not as nice as other parts of the city. Secure parking area that is well lit. The Party house that the other reviewer spoke of is a banquet hall. There was a wedding there, but we could not see anything threatening or loud coming from the hall. I would stay here again if we are passing through to the Falls.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed for a Thurs. to Sunday visit and found the accomodations were just fine. Our room was clean and nicely appointed. Even my 17 yo commented about the pleasant surprise to find such a nice room in an motel located in a such a suburban/industrial setting. The front desk was always very pleasant when we walked by. They were particularly helpful making suggestions where to eat when we arrived mid evening after a long drive. The breakfast was good, more than the bagels/cereal deal we expected. Besides the standard carbs, there were eggs, waffles, meats, biscuits/gravy, fresh fruit, and yogurt. The staff handling the breakfast rush remained pleasant despite the demands of keeping up the buffet. Don't judge the hotel by the elevator - it looks warn and smells a bit. Only real complaint was a temperature surge in the shower so you can't take a relaxing shower, you are constant alert for that spike in temperature. The staff keeps the room cold, which is a welcome thing coming in from a hot day out and the unit responds quickly if you choose to lessent the ac

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, which worked well if the elevator was full and you want to take the stairs...
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Had difficulty finding a reservation in Rochester area on recent busy summer weekend; this was one of few available hotels at a reasonable rate for one night. Turned out to be better than okay, a comfortable place to spend a night. Location is in what seems to be an industrial area, one of the traveler photos of the view from the front entrance for this La Quinta is right on target! A gas station sits almost directly in front of the hotel. Looking at the fence line next to the property, I initially wondered about parking my car safely in the lot but found a spot near the entrance. No problems, it was fine. Desk staff were very helpful and friendly; no complaints about the room. Room was very clean, smelled fresh. Pleasant stay. Wi-Fi worked well, good TV, nice furnishings in the room.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Overall a decent place to stay. I have stayed here twice and would stay again. They don't really stand out with anything positive or negative. Staff was nice but did not go out of their way. Breakfast was good. Had a decent variety. Room was clean and comfortable except there was a big open space where a chair or some other piece of furniture should have been. Seemed like there were lots of carpet stains in hallways. I would say they were slightly above average. I gave them the benefit of the doubt giving them a very good rating.