“One of the best stays we've had at any LaQuinta”

Radiance Inn And Suites
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We try to always stay at this chain, but had just been in Canada and had mistakenly left our toiletries bag at the hotel there. When we'd checked in here and were even upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite, we realized our loss and the front desk was nice enough to offer us replacements. That meant we didn't have to go out to buy those items! The suite was marvelous and the Jacuzzi was huge and eased away all our soreness from the stress of the road. The bed was pillowtop and very comfortable and the breakfast the next morning included eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, three kinds of juice, bagels or toast or muffins and hot coffee or tea. If you wanted yogurt with fresh blueberries, that was there too, as well as hot and cold cereal. We Loved our stay here and the staff was fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Radiance Inn And Suites

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I'm not a big one on staying in over priced hotels nor staying in big cities. When I first started looking for hotels I was very disappointed, prices were high and not great perks. So instead of booking normally I went for a red hot deal through Hotwire.com paid 61 dollars and they told me I would be staying here. Just a little outside of the city in a okay neighborhood. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and the check in and out staff were very accommodating to my young traveling age group. I overall was very pleased for a two and a half star hotel. If you are looking for the Hilton, stay at the Hilton. If you are looking for a very nice priced and comfortable hotel just outside of the city. Choose the La Quinta Inn Rochester North!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I am not sure which was the bad mistake...staying at LaQuinta or reserving via Booking.com, but we were not impressed. I cannot say this is a 3 star hotel, as Kayak.com rates it. However, the staff is very pleasant and accommodating. The fitness center was well equipped and clean and the free breakfast buffet was OK.

We were put into a smoking room, which we did not request. We were told that there was only one non smoking room left, so they switched us to....another smoking room . This one had been empty for a few days, so it didn't smell as badly, but we are told that we are not guaranteed a non-smoking room unless we book with LaQuinta directly.

The pillows and bedding smelled of smoke, so the staff provided 2 fresh pillows. The shower curtain was disgusting, but the staff brought a new one upon request. The desk drawer had papers, and marijuana residue in it. The bathroom counter had burn marks. The floor was sticky. The building entrance carpets, with the LaQuinta logo were FILTHY. And the 5th floor, where we stayed, was like a smoking lounge. You could not escape the smoke.

The buffet breakfast was adequate, and again, the staff very accommodating, but I will not try another hotel in this chain

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 5th floor unless you are a heavy smoker! Do not book through booking.com
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond, KY
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It was clean, comfortable, and convenient, and the staff were friendly. Free newspaper. The breakfast was the star -- eggs, two kinds of sausage, sausage gravy and biscuits, 3 kinds of juice, make-your-own waffles, and the usual stuff. Much better than the usual for a La Quinta.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is my second stay at a La Quinta, and I was not disappointed! The rooms are clean, and mine included a fridge and microwave. This particular one was a little out of the way, but with all the highways around, you can get anywhere you need. The breakfast was poorly stocked this time, but for the price, I can't complain. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a decent hotel for a good price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Riding my bike on the Canal Trail to Niagara Falls. Hotel is right off the path, looks older on the outside but the rooms are brand new and clean. Hotel has no pool and only one computer in the lobby. The breakfast was probably the best I've been to at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I normally reserve writing reviews for high-end hotels in touristy locations, but the La Quinta Rochester North warrants both the time and rating. Even if you don't bring a pet, the staff, breakfast, and accommodations are top-notch. If you DO bring a pet, this hotel can't be beat. Kudos to the entire staff for making visitors feel welcome and for their friendly helpfulness.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple