“A Decent Spot for BBQ”

Ranked #10 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Ottawa, Canada
“A Decent Spot for BBQ”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We are big fans of BBQ, so when we planned our trip to Rochester, we thought we’d give Rochester a try in terms of BBQ. We had to choose between Sticky Lips or Dinosaur BBQ, and since this was on the way to the Clubhouse Fun Center, we stopped for some BBQ.

They have four sauces to choose from, including a spicier sauce, and a sweeter cherry sauce. I ordered the ribs and my boyfriend ordered a plate with pulled pork and brisket.

I wasn’t a fan of the ribs themselves, and I understand that the quality of the meat can vary from animal to animal. I would not hold that against them. The sauces were good, although I do prefer the cherry sauce to the others.

The pulled pork was fantastic, while the beef brisket was rather fatty.

Overall, it was good food, and we both ended up going downstairs to purchase a bottle of BBQ sauce.

Visited August 2014

Rochester, New York
“Interesting”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Finally went here last weekend for the first time - absolutely dumbfounded they did NOT have macaroni and cheese available!!! In my mind, this is a signature dish that always accompanies brisket, ribs, etc. Ribs and pulled pork were ok, Carolina sauce was not as 'vinegary' as I would have liked. Plus I had requested the sauce be put on my meat before being served, expecting it to be hot, not spicy hot, heat hot - nope - same temp as if I'd poured it out of the bottle on the table. I certainly won't make that mistake again, that is if I decide to try Sticky Lips again.

Just an afterthought comment here, owners might want to do some more fine tuning before doing any more expanding. P.S. very noisy also.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank mflalbright
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Vegetarian BBQ menu!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Love this place...fun environment, great food, and awesome corn bread! Great vegetarian menu too and more than enough food served for folks to take home a doggie bag!

• Visited July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Classic Barbeque”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went for a late dinner with family and friends. They were very nice about letting us sit to wait for friends, and service was fast and friendly. I had the beef brisket with blue cheese, which was good, although not overly generous with meat or cheese. My husband had the ribs, also good, although the best part was trying the various sauces they have.

• Visited July 2014
Sebastian, Florida
“Nice place for a bite”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very trendy place with large beer selection and interesting menu items. Enjoyed The Pittsburgh Sandwich. service was friendly but maybe a bit slow

Visited July 2014