“You Gotta Eat Here”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Finally made it to Sticky Lips after passing it on several trips to Rochester. Great atmosphere welcomed us as we led to our table. What an extensive menu... we chose the catfish and sweet potato fries as an appetizer, followed by the Texas brisket, rib eye steak with collards, Ratatouille, and cheesy grits as sides and we were not disappointed.

Hats off to the servers who did not stop in taking care of the diners; other tables food all looked good, our server recommended a local dark beer .... great choice.

We can recommend Sticky Lips to anyone that likes BBQ.... they even have takeout which is great if you are staying at nearby hotel

There are newer reviews for Sticky Lips Pit BBQ

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I enjoy BBQ but I'm not necessary a frequent flier nor am I an expert. HOWEVER, based on the crowd at this restaurant and the waiting line, this place does it well. The atmosphere at this restaurant was very fun. It is decorated with really old pictures and memorabilia and it has a great vibe. The food was good and it was a fun place to be for a couple of hours. Give it a try!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

If you prefer the taste of sauce more than meat you might like this place but of the 6 of guests with us, only one of us liked it. Service was slow, exceptionally noisy and that was before the band started to play.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

When you come to Rochester you will hear a lot about other BBQ places, but this one place can't be beat. Sticky Lips has some of the Best BBQ around. It is a wonderful place to enjoy a hearty meal and listen to some wonderful blues music. You get some wonderful food for a great price.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We are big fans of BBQ, so when we planned our trip to Rochester, we thought we’d give Rochester a try in terms of BBQ. We had to choose between Sticky Lips or Dinosaur BBQ, and since this was on the way to the Clubhouse Fun Center, we stopped for some BBQ.

They have four sauces to choose from, including a spicier sauce, and a sweeter cherry sauce. I ordered the ribs and my boyfriend ordered a plate with pulled pork and brisket.

I wasn’t a fan of the ribs themselves, and I understand that the quality of the meat can vary from animal to animal. I would not hold that against them. The sauces were good, although I do prefer the cherry sauce to the others.

The pulled pork was fantastic, while the beef brisket was rather fatty.

Overall, it was good food, and we both ended up going downstairs to purchase a bottle of BBQ sauce.