“Best ice cream in Rochester - and great to strolling in the summer”

Abbott's Frozen Custard INC
Ranked #4 of 35 Dessert in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 17 April 2014

It is a tradition that I go with my wife, and soon with my son to get a hot fudge sundae at this landmark location near the Charlotte pier. The ice cream here is the best I have ever had, not counting gelato, and being able to stroll along the beautiful nearby beach & pier or peaceful Beach Ave while eating a cone or sundae is a wonderful experience. Stop by here in the warmer weather months, you won't regret it!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Abbott's is a Rochester institution, just like the white hot. If you are going to have ice cream-have a custard. My favorite is just plain vanilla. It has the right amount of sweetness, vanilla taste and the creamiest texture that you can imagine.

Of course, they also offer other traditional ice cream treats such as sundaes, sandwiches, and all kinds of toppings. My wife's favorite is the vanilla turtle on a stick. Caramel, chocolate, peanuts, and vanilla ice cream-she says it is heaven.

They also have great ice cream cakes that are perfect for any type of party. I recommend you order ahead, especially if you want one of their top selling flavors.

Although there are still a few traditional drive up Abbot's ice. Ream stands open, today it is far more convenient to get your custard fix at Bill Gray's, another great Rochester eatery.

If you visit Rochester make sure you try a Custard.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We don't have custard on the west coast and we need it! Topping galore. A fun and tasty treat even in the rain!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was at a nearby attraction and a local recommended that we give Abbott's a try as it was a really hot day. Thank goodness I heeded his advice.....it was soooooooooo good, I don't think I've had anything better! If I live near to an Abbott's, I possibly will have it everyday. I didn't think it was too expensive like what some had commented, maybe cos I'm from Cape Cod and the ice cream joints in Cape Cod charge way more than that.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We are always pleased with Abbott's. Some people in our family have special dietary needs and with the fat free no sugar added custard, we can enjoy dessert as a family.