“This place beats the 'well known Pittsford steak house' in taste and price!”

Delmonico's Italian Steak HSE
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steak HSE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,300 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2013

A party of four dined at Delmonico's on a Tuesday night about 7PM.The place was doing a nice business for a Tuesday. From the young woman in goth clothing who greeted us to our waitress and servers, the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

Our waitress recommended some of the favorite dishes including their signature ribeye - 1 1/2 pounds of meat for 21.00. The two men ordered it and loved it. I ordered another recommendation - filet medallions over with a gorgonzola and diced tomato topping served over fettucini alfredo. I rarely order pasta but this is one of my favorites. However I'm usually disappointed in the sauce as it is often pasty or tasteless. This one was neither. The pasta was perfectly cooked and the sauce was amazing. The beef was downright delicious. There was so much, I took half of it home. Price I believe was 24.00.

In addition we ordered the gorgonzola iceberg wedge salad - one of the best in our area and only $4.99. Plenty to share. We also tried the tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella plate which was topped with a balsamic dressing. Though there was nothing new and unusual about it, the flavors are classic and it was delicious.

It was my husband's birthday and the crew came out singing, carrying a nice cannoli in a waffle cone type pastry with four forks! A lovely end to a fabulous meal.

2  Thank Beebs10
There are newer reviews for Delmonico's Italian Steak HSE

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Adjoined Country Inn so very convenient and simply awesome meal . We eat at the Utica one often and food in both is great. Ambience is a bit different at this one and it's fun. Excellent steak. Delicious meal. Prices aren't bad for the amount of food. Luv it!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My husband and I had an excellent meal at Delmonico's
the food was excellent and although it was very busy (it was a Friday night) we were seated with in 10 minutes
Our waitress was pleasant and a bit funny, and Gabe, the manager on duty made sure our meal was to our satisfaction, which it was
We look forward to going back again

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I was craving steak so decided to give this place a try. Located near TGI Fridays and Phillips European in Henrietta. Ample parking.

Greeted by a lady dressed up like Mafia. Kinda cool. Not too busy on a Sunday evening. A few people at the bar and couple of families having dinner.

I liked the decor with caricatures of real life and TV personalities on the walls. Mostly Italian/mafia. The music again added to the whole Italian theme with something that you would hear in The Sopranos or The Godfather. Me like.

Our waitress was nice and attentive and not too obtrusive. The menu is a good size and prices are reasonable.

Decided to skip the appetizer though the garlic bread and brushcetta sounded really appealing. Complimentary bread with amazing flavorful butter was provided which I enjoyed. I would have preferred the bread a little warmer through but the amazing garlic/herb flavor of the butter made up for it.

I ordered the 24 Oz Delmonico Steak (Rib Eye) which was HUGE. Substituted the penne for garlic mashed potatoes. Also got a side of portobello sauce with it since I usually need some juice/dressing with my steak (bad experience with dry steak at Longhorn).

The steak was the biggest I've seen hitherto. I could not finish it and that is rare for me. It was full of flavor and juicy. I did not need the portobello sauce. Enough juice of it's own. I like my steak well done and it was done pretty much just like I wanted. The steak was juicy which matters most to me. Was it the best steak I've ever had? Probably not. But it was one of the good ones.

The garlic mashed potatoes were good but not extraordinary.

Skipped desert as I didn't have any space in my belly to put another morsel.

The restrooms were decent and supplies were adequate. I noticed they do have space for small parties as well.

Over all 4 out of 5 stars. Will strongly consider next time I want steak.

1  Thank Dr_Sik
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great service, great food but pricy. Servers were extremely attentive and very friendly. Food was good but the cost exceeded what was reasonable for our family.