“Close to our hotel”

Delmonico's Italian Steak HSE
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steak HSE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,266 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mequon, Wisconsin
“Close to our hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were staying at the Country Inn and Suites, and they recommended this place. I think the best thing to say was that we could walk there.

I will start off by saying that we frequent steak restaurants a lot, so we are not easily impressed. Our expectations are high, and this place was fine. Not that expensive, so I wouldn't hesitate to go here again, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

We were served bread before our meal. It was good, but would have been better warm. The butter was too salty. An odd thing to notice, but it was noticeable.

We ordered the special bone-in filet mignon medium rare. It arrived medium-medium well. Overcooked, but still juicy at least.

We also had the shrimp cocktail (4 to an order), which was what you would expect. The Gorgonzola wedge had no bacon, although the menu said it did.

For dessert, we had the tartufo. It was okay as well.

Our waitress was standoffish and service was slow.

Again, it was an okay meal.

• Korean first
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Excellent steak. Everything else just average.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had the NY strip. $24 for the steak and a small bowl of penne with marinara. Everything else is a-la-carte. To add a salad or broccoli and a potato would add $8. So for anyone saying this is very inexpensive it's really not when you add on the items that other steakhouses include in a meal.
That being said, the steak itself was pretty darn good. Perfectly cooked and seasoned...I added a little salt. I ate at the bar and I saw another review before I ate there that mentioned an obnoxious Italian guy at the bar. Well I guess I got lucky because an obnoxious italian guy sat down at the bar next to me and basically annoyed me enough too get me to leave before I was really ready. Hey clown...no one wants to see the phone pictures you took of a rainbow.....and the women that work there are there to serve you, not for you to take pictures of or to endure repeated comments on how beautiful they are.
Bottom line... I would recommend this place because of the steak quality alone. Worth every penny. And the service was pretty good too.

1 Thank Wearytraveleratlanta
Canandaigua, New York
“Classic”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Steak and atmosphere are great for Baby Boomers. Rooms are separated according to a variety of needs and the service is a bit slow but worth the weight.

Visited May 2014
Utica, New York
“Only good for rib eye.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If your want a great prime cut rib eye steak, this is your place. I ordered the salmon. It was decent but over cooked. The Delmonico steaks the rest of my party of eight received where slightly under cooked but the cut was beautiful and delicious. Be prepared to pay extra for salad and veggies. dessert here are excellent and decadent. Great service with special request honored without hesitation. Get the Greens East Utica!

1 Thank 741peterm
“First time.Not impressed.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We wanted to try something new. We waited at the bar until our table was ready,where it was very loud!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT THE HOSTESSES AND SERVERS ARE WEARING! NOT WHAT I WANT TO LOOK AT WHILE IM EATING..AND not a chunky girl working there, may I add! Disappointed that our meal didn't come with a soup or salad. U have to pay extra. Out dessert was bland..there are a stack of small plates on the table to use for the bread witch, I think is dirty because anyone can sneeze or cough on them...our server was great..but that's the only thing.

• Visited May 2014