“Burritos the size of a newborn!”

John's Tex-Mex Eatery
Ranked #50 of 1,300 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Ok, maybe not really, but this is a gret local spot, delicious burritos, tacos, and varieties of beer. The decor is pretty neat too!

There are newer reviews for John's Tex-Mex Eatery

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Great value and taste!!! The food was wonderful! The service was prompt and friendly! I wish this place was closer to home so I could go again and again!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went with friends based on tripadvisor reviews. We were cautious when we went in and saw the size of the place. Very tiny, almost bistro like. We were able to get seated quickly. The small area is worth if for the great food! Burritos and taco salad. I frequent chipotle, and I will definitely recommend take out or sit down for johns tex mex. Good amount of delicious food. Love that you can pick you "fillers".

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stopped for a late lunch on a Saturday and I was very pleasantly surprised. The others in our group had been here before but I had not. The funky South Wedge atmosphere and crowd made for a great scene and the food was very good. The servings were really big for the price - a refreshing change of pace. The pork tacos were very flavorful as were the burritos and other dishes. We only wished that they served enchiladas. The server was super friendly and helpful. I will be back!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Went twice this week, once for lunch with friends and once for dinner with the wife since the lunch was so good. The menu starts Vegan (the wife), adds cheese for the vegetarians and then meat for the carnivores, so everybody is happy. For the Vegans and vegetarians they have a spicy veggie meat or tofu which my wife says was outstanding.

The choices cover the tex-mex spectrum and the food is made to order. The portion sizes are large and it is very good. The chips are house made and well above any bagged alternatives you would find. Watch out for the salsa it has a kick.