“Great airport hotel”

Best Western The Inn At Rochester Airport
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at, especially if you're arriving late at night or have an early morning flight. Location is perfect! Staff is very accommodating & helpful. Breakfast starts at 5am which is awesome for an early morning flight. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Shaunna D, General Manager at Best Western The Inn At Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. We truly appreciate the compliments. Were glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle and the early breakfast. Its so convenient to be close to the Airport with such an early flight! I hope we will see you on your next trip out of Rochester!

There are newer reviews for Best Western The Inn At Rochester Airport

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Upon check-in staff was pleasant. The next morning the breakfast food was terrible. Eggs and sausage gone. Pastries, English muffins mushy , no hot water. When I asked the manager when the eggs would be ready she started yelling at me and said the guests ate everything. Then stared yelling the guest keep eating the food. Every time the manager walked by us she would make a loud comment to me. The guy in the kitchen wanted to know what who wants to know when the food will be ready , like that was a threat. That was other gusts complaining .When the eggs finally came the manager made more comments to me, it was so embarrassing . When we took a small plate of eggs so we did not get yelled out again, we felt sick after, I'm not sure if they did something to them. Then when I asked for management that is when I was informed rudely she was the manager , She smiled and laughed to whole time she was yelling. The way the manager treated us was unprofessional. This seemed to be her normal personality, so she has probably treated others this was before. I would not recommend Best Western to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TNR01

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm truly sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. I do understand it was an usually busy weekend for us, and we tried our best to keep up with the demand for breakfast. We continued to put food out until everyone had been served even after breakfast was over. I understand it was an inconvenience to wait as food was being prepared and I truly apologize. I would also like to apologize for the attitude you feel you received from the front desk, I was very surprised to see this as I have always had such great comments about the staff, and I'm very disappointed. By no means would I ever want our guests to feel this way. Your satisfaction is a priority to us. I do hope we may have the opportunity to accommodate you on a future stay, and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us. Thank you

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Checking in, we noticed a man and his wife sitting across from the front desk. They were watching the desk clerk, but also looking over the new guests. Proprietary, we thought.

We asked "Is this your hotel?" "Yes," he said with pride and a welcoming smile. We complimented the owners on a beautiful, well-maintained property, and anticipated a great stay.

We weren't disappointed. We requested and got a quiet, top floor suite away from elevators and ice machines. And we got the hypoallergenic preparation we needed. In fact, service throughout our stay was friendly and efficient.

Everything we touched or tried in this hotel was clean, neat and functional. Everything. Nothing was missing or marginal. And there were many "extras" not usually found in Best Western franchises. And that despite a modest price!

Our suite, and every facility in the hotel boasted modern, tasteful decor. The beds were firm, with mattresses as good as the $1000+ something-pedic we have at home. There was plenty of hot water. The shower head was the one we selected for our own home after careful research.

The work desk, chair and Internet access were all top tier. Comfortable, well-lit, and hi-speed. Plenty of outlets. Business travelers will be right at home.

The owners know travelers, like armies, travel on their stomachs. The gleaming breakfast pantry offers a generous variety of foodstuffs. And it's stocked with juices, coffee, tea, cookies, fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs and more all day long. Get off the plane, grab a snack, eat in the dedicated dining area, a nearby lounge, or take it to your room.

Of course, they operate a complimentary airport shuttle, but there's also plenty of outdoor parking. And there's a well-appointed exercise room to work out the kinks or tone up for a long day.

Rochester is an International airport with light traffic. So we heard the occasional plane. But sound attenuation throughout the hotel was much better than usual, making it a quiet, restful inn.

If all Best Western properties were this good, we'd never stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Suites are a great value. Two large rooms for not much more than a single.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I was truly honored to read your review. We work hard to make all of our guests feel right at home, and its so rewarding to see that doesn't go unnoticed. I'm so glad you had a truly great stay, and I hope I may have the pleasure of meeting you on your next trip to Rochester. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a small hotel, but very neat, clean and comfortable - I understand that it had recently been renovated. The service was excellent - staff members were friendly and helpful. It is very close to the airport but I never heard a plane overhead. This hotel is a great bargain for the price. Since it is a Park & Fly hotel, you save the cost of parking at the airport if you stay for a night either before or after your trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna S

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Your satisfaction is truly important to us. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The park and fly has truly been a great program! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rochester.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Shawna and Chris are the best! They go out of their way to make guests happy! If you are looking for a place to stay in Rochester this is it! Close to the airport, complimentary shuttle and good restaurants!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon M
Shaunna D, General Manager at Best Western The Inn At Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you so much for the compliments! Im glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and Im so glad I got to meet you during your visit! We hope you will come back to visit should your travels bring you to Rochester again!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Thanks to reviews on Trip Advisor we chose this location. The reviews are spot on. For this price in high season it is a bargain. From being checked in by a most helpful receptionist (Chelsea) to our leaving there was not a single complaint. We were concerned at the close proximity to ROC international Airport but we never noticed any plane noise in our room at all. The room was clean, well laid out and had the little perks that lower cost hotels don't usually have - iron, ironing board, hair drier, fridge, large LG TV to name a few. Overall a very pleasant stay in a city that has yet to be discovered by many travelers. Its location close to the I-390 and links to I-490 and I-590 make touring the area a breeze.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Torontax

Thank you so much for the great review! We truly appreciate all the great compliments! We strive to provide all our guests with superior customer service. Its truly rewarding to see such great reviews! Thank you again and I hope we have the chance to accommodate you on a future stay!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very convenient to Rochester Airport. Great shuttle service - airport is only a couple minutes away; available for late arrivals and early departures (had a 6:30 am flight). Staff was friendly and helpful. Needed towels and sheets and they were brought up very quickly. Good breakfast variety and started at 4 am!! Suite was great for our family of 6. Would have been nice to have queen sofabed instead of full, but worked out fine. We'd stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephanie S

Thank you for your recent review. Im glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay in one of our suites. Its so nice to hear such great things about the staff, we truly enjoy being able to help our guests and provide them with the service they deserve and expect from us! We hope to see you again!