“An outstanding experience!”

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
New Castle, Delaware
“An outstanding experience!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel was a recommended stay from the Bride and Groom of our recent family wedding. The staff went above and beyond to take good care of myself and my three elderly family members. I had my chocolate lab with me as well. This is definitely a pet-friendly hotel.

The desk staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and hassle-free. Housekeeping staff was friendly and very accommodating. On the days when my Mom had to sleep in a little bit, they left fresh towels in a plastic bag outside my door!

Breakfast was good, although the menu didn't vary. The breakfast staff kept the area clean and replenished.

The hotel is clean and located very well in terms of dining options and shopping of all kinds. Ridge Road is a main drag with everything anyone might need within a short distance. Special recommend of the Red Lobster that shares a parking lot with the hotel and DaVinci's Italian Restaurant in the shopping plaza immediately across the street. Great food. Great prices.

I travel a fair amount and with often with my dog. This hotel impressed me enough to write this review!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Comfort1501, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

I am pleased to read that our team (family) could make your family feel welcomed. We look forward to seeing you and your lab in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Dennis Duthoy II
Gm.ny407@choicehotels.com
Comfort Inn West
585-621-5700

“Come bring your Family, to meet our Family”

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at comfort inn and had a great stay in the room and sleeping in the king size bed plus the breakfast bar was so good, with lots of choices of good food.
Associates were pleasant and helpful to us during our stay at the Inn.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor with easy access to the lobby and also a good feature was a public...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Comfort1501, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Marti,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you got a great nights rest. I hope you enjoyed the fresh hot waffles. I will pass on your compliments to our team. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Rochester NY.

“Come bring your family to meet our Family”

Sincerely

Dennis Duthoy General Manager 585-621-5700 email gm.ny407@choicehotesl.com
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A small sign on the entry door says smoking in designated rooms only. It is very obvious that at least some smokers can't read. The elevator and stair wells (I like to use stairs for some exercise) were NOT smoke free. If smoke is a problem for you stay away. Room was clean - we skipped breakfast - way too crowded. Our room fronted on Ridge Road - a bit noisely.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 'back' not facing Ridge Road
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelsbyrail
Comfort1501, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I would like to start out by thanking you for taking the time out of your day to post a review of our hotel. I want to apologize that your stay was unpleasant due to our guest not following the guidelines we have in place. Holiday weekends are always a busy time for travel. I am sorry you didn’t visit our breakfast where you could have enjoyed fresh made waffles along with all the essentials of a hot breakfast. I hope you provide us with an opportunity to exceed your lodging needs in the future.

“Come bring your family to meet our family”

Sincerely
Dennis Duthoy General Manager NY407 Ph: 585-621-5700 email: gm.ny407@choicehotels.com
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Well, we booked a non-smoking room and when we got there they told us they were all sold out.
We even received a confirmation the week before saying they were looking forward to our stay.
So, they ended up finding us a room which was smoking. Needless to say, it was very disgusting
staying in a room all night that smelled like smoke. The women at the desk checking us in was
very rude to us, if there was a manager there, I would have reported her. I would not recommend
this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I'll give you a good tip, don't go there!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lori N
Comfort1501, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
I would like to thank you for your review of our property. I apologize for your experience at our hotel and with what sounds like a third party site that you made your reservations through. What I suggest to all of our guests, is to use our official site for Choice Hotels (Choicehotels.com). There you will receive all the detailed information you need to find the right hotel to fit your needs, as well as the best price available.

Please contact me to discuss this in more detail. Please email me at gm.ny407@choicehotels.com.

Dennis Duthoy

Travellers are raving about these Rochester hotels

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were in the King bed/Spa bath room. It was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff was plesasant. Breakfast was okay. With the senior citizen discount, we'll be back again.
Coffee maker, fridge and microwave were brand new. Loved the fact the our favorite restaurant was right next door.

Room Tip: King bedrooms are spacious
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Comfort1501, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear 242Jone,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to you visiting us again at the Comfort Inn West
Jamestown, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The room was clean, the beds comfortable and the hotel was just minutes from the hospital. The in room coffee was surprisingly good! I would stay here again
The lobby was being renovated but the staff was friendly and it didn't affect our stay. My only complaint was the poor pressure in the shower

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Massena, New York
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We just needed a bed for our head. For the price of this hotel, you would be better off staying somewhere else. The staff was very nice and so was the breakfast. But if an updated and cleaner room is of importance to you (it is to us) then I cannot recommend a stay here. To maybe pay just a few dollars more and go to a much cleaner hotel would be worth it. Our room was very outdated. There was food in the freezer along with lots of piled up frost. The bathtub had lots of hair left in it along with the bottom of the tub dirty. Around the handicap bars in the tub was black slimy dirt. We had no luggage rack in our rooms and the pillows on the bed were a 15 x 15 inch square. The phone in our room was very dirty and we could barely hear out of it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple