“Decent Hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This is a typical chain hotel as far as room and amenities go. It was clean, everything worked and the staff was pleasant. Good central location in the Rochester area, near the mall and several restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2010

Check in/out:
The check in process was nearly thirty minutes because the door lock/key cards would not work. No suggestion was made to take another room. The check-out was uneventful.
Staff:
The staff seemed over their heads at the front desk. Each time I came to them I needed to wait for someone to come from the back. They made no suggestions to make my stay more pleasant. I have stayed here 6 times. Two years ago a staff member saw I had extra stuff and voluntarily upgraded my space and checked to see that all was good. Now it seems the front desk staff is under trained and disinterested.
Housekeeping:
The room, hotel and grounds were clean. But there was a problem with the room and housekeeping did have a part in that.
Room:
When we got into the room we found the door to the fridge was open and a towel on the floor the rug was wet around the towel. The front desk was advised of this and they suggested using another towel, and that likely housekeeping had forgotten the defrost process. Upon inspection the fridge did not work. The front desk clerk did not make any suggestions to give different accommodations. I chose not to pursue this with the front desk because of travel lag, hunger and just the length of time to get into the room may have made me not speak kindly, so I said nothing more to the staff about these issues.
Location:
Good location just off the exit of the loop at the exit with plenty of shopping and dining.
Internet:
There is free WiFi and you can see several servers.
Would I stay again?
I’m about 50/50 on this. I will consider this location again only because of past positive experience. I will check my accommodations first before I unpack the car. Most Comfort Inn/Suites I see no need to pre-examine my room since they usually have higher standards of acceptability this location I will now consider with the lesser hotel groups until they prove themselves.
Helpful hints:
Check out your room first. Park in the back far left side to avoid local restaurant traffic.
Additional Information:
Make a call first for the national chain restaurant reservations then walk to them. Many are within a block and there is an elevated walkway to get across the busy street.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The Comfort Inn Rochester was a pleasant surprise. I stayed here for an extended period and can say without reservation that my stay here was EXCELLENT. The house staff were phenomenal. They were genuine, pleasant, knowledgeable, and very friendly. The hotel has new beds (extremely comfortable) and really clean accommodations. What more could you ask for? It was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank frequentflyerMD
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I have stayed here last yr and was VERY pleased but, was very surprised when I returned with my family this year. The bathroom seat was dirty, I found a dirty towel and AC didn't work :( Yes! they fix everything right away but, it really bother me to get to a room tired and having to see this. :( Also bathroom's are too SMALL (tight fit)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Our room and bathroom were immaculate. The decor was muted and very nice. The staff were friendly - both on the phone and in person. Breakfast was very good - choice of cold cereals, instant oatmeal, bagels, donuts, make-your-own waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit. Plenty of choices and plenty of food. Convenient to many chain restaurants. Next time, I would ask for a room away from the road, because the road is busy and noisy. We blasted the fan to drown out the traffic. However, that would be true of all the hotels along this road. Hotel itself was quiet inside. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2009

this is the first and worst hotel experience I have had. they charged me twice and refused to pay me back for damages

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2008

The rooms looked brand new at this hotel and the service was pretty good. Everyone was friendly and my room was clean. It was what I expected and the wi-fi was free.

The breakfast is pretty good and the room looked new.

I would recommend this hotel and plan on going back next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Kieran212