“Better Than Expected”

Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 17 June 2011

If all Holiday Inns were to use this hotel as an example, I suspect they would see a huge increase in sales. Every part of this hotel was immaculate, from the lobby, throughout the hallways and my room. The room was well appointed, the towels and bedding appeared clean and fresh. The beds were very comfortable and the attentive and pleasant staff were right on time with my wake up call! There is a great indoor pool, jacuzzi and work out room. The on site sports bar is a nice place to relax if you don't feel like leaving the premesis. The location is great since it's a short easy drive to so many local attractions, restaurants and malls.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank jc6658
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Very pleased you took the time to write regarding all the wonderful features and services we provide. We take much pride in this throughout the hotel and with our team members. Do hope you'll come back soon to visit again.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport

Reviewed 5 June 2011

This hotel is dirty, halls smell like smoke, security sit out back and smoke. The pool area is disgusting and the bathroom was frightening. My room was small and bathroom had broken tiles and was dirty. Felt like I should have wrapped my kid in bubble wrap to project from filth. Pool staff is rude and controlling and the management is well not at all professional. I will never stay here again and highly recommend all others to avoid this pit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

So very sorry to have heard of the conditions described. We take tremendous pride in the upkeep of the facilities and satisfaction from our guests that stay here and apologize that we may have let you down. Thank you for the candid feedback, I can assure you this is an exception to our our normal services and do hope you'll consider allowing me the opportunity to prove this to you.

Reviewed 17 May 2011

With our sons college graduation, we planned this weekend at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport with 33 family members, and booked 12 rooms. We also reserved a room for a dinner and celebration. I booked this without seeing the hotel, but the web site is great and they gladly helped answer any questions when I called.
All I can say is "WOW" ...from the service, friendliness, timeliness,
hospitality...and much more. We have gotten many compliments from our
family about the staff and especially the dinner menu...(particularly the
horseradish dressing...very good) The event room was just perfect and the service, with a smile, was delightful. They went above and beyond.

Jan Doty

Room Tip: plan early
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jandoty
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2011

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your son's college graduation weekend. We know how important of a day and weekend it was to be for your family and am so glad we were able
to deliver a "Wow" weekend of services! The food is outstanding and you now know what we enjoy daily from our Chef.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 10 May 2011

My husband and I chose the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport to reserve a block of rooms for our wedding guests.

Part of the reason we chose it was because they were able to run a shuttle from the hotel to the reception, and from the reception back to the hotel. We needed it to run longer than the shuttle normally would, and they were able to do that for us for a reasonable charge.

We also dropped off cookie care packages for our guests and asked them to put them in each of our guests room, which they agreed to do. Also, they allowed us to leave a couple cars at the hotel the night before we were staying there because we needed them there after checking out, but couldn't drop them off the day of the wedding.

Overall very accommodating with our requests for a reasonable price per room. One thing that didn't work out perfectly is that they did not have a wine opener at the front desk that could be borrowed. Instead you had to bring your wine bottles down to the bar to have them opened. It worked out fine, but just felt a little odd.

Had a great nights sleep, soft sheets, comfy pillows, nice rooms. Was disappointed that I didn't have time to check out the pool, which looked nice from outside it.

Very good for a group of people who need a nice, reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

I certainly appreciate the wonderful feedback you provided from the block of rooms for your wedding guests. We take a lot of pride to provide exceptional services to all our guests.
Glad we were part of your special weekend! It's important to us to, that we had a "Happy Bride".
I'll work on getting a Wine Opener for the front desk ,

Reviewed 9 May 2011

It was a nice hotel with beautiful pool. A life guard on duty which I did not see anything like that before. Dollar per dollar, it was a good deal.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

A good value with a Heated Indoor Pool, that is what we're all about. Thanks for sharing your nice comments. Please come back to visit soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

I went to Rochester this past weekend and stayed here -- complain to security guard about locals hanging in hallway and trying to enter rooms actually they did enter and rob someone. Security did not go and have the people removed which in turn ended in one of our friend getting stab on the bridge and then to make that person leave the hotel along with ones that help the person that from getting hurt worst. WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS IS BEING RUN HERE????? Felt unsafe the following night that the locals could return to finish what they started -- PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY ELSEWHERE -- One security guard on who doesnt know his job well enough to handle situations the way it should have been handled!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

I certainly appreciate your follow up and concerns. I can assure you I take the safety and security of all of our guests seriously. There are several details behind the altercation that occured between the two parties involved in this incident. As soon as my staff became aware of and assessed the issue between both parties we reacted quickly and had both parties removed from the facility. This was a very isolated and rare occurence and my staff remained on top of it it ensure the safety of our guests all weekend. I appreciate your time to provide feedback and if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 30 April 2011

We were here for weekend in April, what we found out was not good. Many locals who were not staying in the hotel were hanging out in the halls and outside rooms. These people were kicking in doors trying to rob people. One of the guest who was there for the weekend was even stabbed in the shoulder. Security was informed of the situation and refused to remove the locals from the hotel. Police ended up coming to the hotel and removing people. How can they allow this to happen, I cannot see how anyone can feel safe in this building. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this place, it is a major disaster waiting to happen.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends