“Great way to end the trip.”

Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed at the hotel the night before we flew back to Korea after weeks at home with the family. Great hotel, excellent service and convenient location. Staying there really took the stress out of leaving. Had dinner right in the hotel, took the kids to the pool, had a great night's rest and didn't have to rush to get to the airport! Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Room Tip: First floor room was convenient with a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Thank you for making us a part of your trip. Happy to hear we provided everything you and your family needed before heading home. Appreciate your kind words, we will certainly share with our team here.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Chuck and Gary went out of their way to provide a warm greeting and great customer service when we arrived at 1 am in the morning. They went the extra mile by coming up with a midnight snack needed so I could take a medication which had to be taken with food.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

So happy to hear we exceeded your expectations even at 1am. Our emphasis on customer service happens at every time of any day. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

A thoroughly outstanding stay for the Wegman's LPGA Championship from 6/19-6/25/11.
The Holiday Inn Rochester Airport valued my three time repeat business greatly during its chainwide "Employee Appreciation Week" This Priority Club Rewards stay featured a most memorable luncheon with the Management Team, a newly opened Priority Club Lounge with a wonderful Continental Breakfast and very nice light items and iced tea/
lemonade in the evening, and a most immaculate and well-furnished accessible room
right near the Front Desk.

Two things make this Hotel outstanding:

a. Its outstanding and most caring level of service from check-in to check-out. The
staff knew the reason for my stay and anticipated every need.

b. Its outstanding cuisine in its ROC Bar and Grill and Divino. The service staff went
out of their way to make me most comfortable and welcome.

I look forward to my return visit next June for the Wegman's LPGA Championship.

I have never stayed at a better Holiday Inn or any other Hotel than this one!

Room Tip: The accessible rooms are right near the Front Desk and are very convenient.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Wow...what a compliment !! On behalf of my entire team, we appreciate your comments. We work very hard to make your stay a memorable one. So happy to hear you'll be returning next year for the LPGA tournament and you can count on a wonderful experience then.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2011

I visit the Rochester area twice a year to see family and friends. This was my first time staying at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport location....and it will not be my last. The current management has really upgraded this property. The room was ideal for my needs and the restaurant food and service was very good. And a plus was the location on the Erie Canal Trail. I had brought my bicycle with me and I spent several refreshing hours riding the trails along the canal.

Room Tip: I would try to stay in one of the rooms in the 300 group. Try one of the skillet breakfast items!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Glad to have received your feedback and nice to know we will be your home away from home. I look forward to your next visit. Hope we can meet and allow me to "Thank You" in person.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

I just needed a place to sleep for 2 nights near the Rochester Airport. THis hotel worked out just fine, though just used it for sleep in between a day of travel. Very comfy bed, clean bathroom. Only complaint was that parking lot lights shone into the room and the drapes weren't completely closeable; if your room doesn't face the lot, you have no prroblem.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your valued feedback, I certainly will look into the situation described. We appreciate hearing from you and glad we could take care of you.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

I checked in to the hotel a few hours ago a little past 11pm as a distressed passenger with a friend of mine. When we checked in there was a line of people waiting to check in and the phones were ringing nonstop. There was a very polite young man by the name of Eugene who was working alone and very diligently to accommodate everyone. Just when Eugene had finally helped bring my stress level down after being stranded all day, an older man named Chuck came in and just ripped the cash drawer from next to him and began slamming things around and being incredibly rude. He didnt bother to even say hello or look my friend and I in the face. I have anemia and we have been having issues with the a/c in the room all night. We are two older women and I did not feel comfortable calling the front desk to have someone to come and fix it because I did not want him to be mean to me. I have not slept all night and now I have to get ready for my early morning flight. I truely hope that that man is not at the front desk when I make it down there. If I ever come back and he is there, I am turning around and sleeping in the airport even if the airport did pay for the room again. Otherwise, its a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

I certainly can appreciate your anxiety from having your flight plans changed and am sorry to hear we added to this by the behavior of one of my team members. There is nothing more than wanting to get home and having to wait extra time before you do. It is my teams responsibility to provide first class hospitality services and I am truly sorry we did not. This is not our hotels normal services, and it will not be an acceptable practice either. I hope you made it home just fine, and again, do apologize of how you were made to feel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Hotel room appears outdated, old, dirty and in poor repair - old furniture, cracked tiles, soiled carpet, soiled white bedding, ceiling marked up. Air conditioner is LOUD and also looking old.... same goes for the TV. Hairs on bathroom floor and heat lamp was rusted.

We were completely surprised and believe that, even a motel 6, is probably in better repair and cleaner.

Hotel is cheapened too - no plastic glass in bathroom.

Their marketing materials say "stay impressed", how can someone stay impressed when they cannot become just a bit impressed?

Such a disappointment.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel or even a motel - you might have better success
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Very disapointed to have read your message. We have done a wonderful job in our remodeling transformation. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the hotels conditions and certainly would like the opportunity to show you our true hospitality if you ever give us that opportunity again. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Best Regards