“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Burnaby, Canada
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This hotel is conveniently clotted adjacent to ROC. Easy to find. Room was clean and comfortable, complimentary internet work3d well and the service was good - despite a minor miscue at the front desk vis-a-vis location of the room on the room map. Very good value for the money - booked via Hotwire.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your nice comments we us. Glad to hear the miscue at the desk was quickly resolved. Hope you'll visit with us again,

Tim Elie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vestal, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Due to a medical procedure at Strong Memorial Hospital I have stayed 3 times at this hotel in the last 2 months. The hotel is a bit dated, but the clean room and extremely accomadating staff helped to make a difficult trip pleasurable. I was allowed to check in early (before my hospital procedure), shuttled to and from the hospital, and given the room I requested each time. The front desk staff I encountered - Alice, Chuck, Eugene, and Flo could not have been more helpful. The shuttle drivers Por and Kevin were very pleasant, helpful, and quick. I never waited more than 10 minutes at the hospital after I called for a shuttle back to the hotel. Also, served an excellent dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to mention the wonderful services we offer, and some very special employees who take much pride in their jobs. Hope for a speedy recovery and the chance to Thank you in person if your travels bring you back to Rochester.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We were there for only one night but the hotel was great. The rooms were clean and the pool was awesome. The folks at the front desk were friendly too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for sharing, we appreciate your comments. We take a lot of pride in our services, glad you enjoyed.

Lewiston, New York
Reviewed 21 March 2012

On this review update from my highly successful June 2011 stay for the Wegman's LPGA, I wanted to profile an exceptional employee in which the hotel and previous guests recently
recognized as a January 2012 Employee Of The Month.

Carolyn Hauck, a Guest Services Supervisor and a Manager On Duty as well, has served my
needs extremely well, along with her team during my June 2010 and June 2011 stays. Carolyn has contributed greatly towards my satisfaction at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport in terms of handling my safe deposit box needs, coordinating the resolution of any issues during my stays, and valuing my repeat business in numerous ways from upgrading my room for my upcoming June 2nd-June 9th stay to being a most reliable, organized, and pleasant Guest Services professional.

On the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport's Facebook page is a photo of Carolyn Hauck, a most deserving Guest Service professional of the Janjuary 2o012 Employee Of The Month Award.

While I thoroughly enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport because of Carolyn and her team's outstanding service, other guests feel the same way by their positive nominations
for Carolyn Hauck's achievements.

Come see for yourself an outstanding Guest Service, Housekeeping, and Food and Beverage experience at the Holiday Inn Rochester Airport; you will be glad that you did!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 400 Executive Level wing are upgraded and some have refrigerators and microwaves
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
I certainly appreciate your kind words of praise for my associate Carolyn. We think highly of her as well. Looking forward to your future visit .

Best Regards

Tm Elie
UK
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Not a particularly pleasant place to be. The place is very shabby and appears to be several years late for a renovation.
On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and the staff were all quite cheerful.
Watch out for noisy, inconsiderate hockey-types, though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Appreciate your feedback, sorry we did not meet your expectations. Thanks for the compliment regarding my associates.

Best Regards

Smithfield, Maine
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inns and have Platinum Status which often gets me an automatic room upgrade. This stay was no different as at check in I was told I had been upgraded to a room in the Executive wing. Upon reaching the room (the wing was through two open doors right off the lobby) I did a quick review and noted it was the exact room I had reserved. I went back to the desk to check if there had been an error and was informed that this was indeed an upgrade and that the area had recently been re-done. I think I muttered something like "well I wouldn't want to see the standard rooms" at which the desk clerk said the bathroom had premium ammenities. Lets just say that the room was nothing special when compared to every other HI and HIEx. In fact it did not even have a refrigerator.

I will admit the room was comfortable and I had no problems with it, but it is not what I consider an Executive Wing room when compared to other hotels.

By the way, don't order the Tuna in the restaurant unless you like something that is so overcooked it is almost inedible.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am sorry you didn't enjoy the upgraded room and do apologize you didn't enjoy the meal in the Restauarant. I'll share all your comments with my Executive team , so we can keep working on ways to make our hotel a top consideration for all our guests to enjoy.

Best regards,
Alexandria Bay
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Each year we go to the Caribbean and we choose to stay at the Holiday inn because we get a good rate that includes parking our car for the week and includes a 24 hour shuttle bus. The hotel is very clean and the property has 2 dinning options and nice bar. The hotel also has a pool and gym area. The shuttle to the aiport is included and it is only a couple of min ride. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Close to airport
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
We really appreciate your kind words, and do hope to see you again next year . Glad you enjoyed our Executive rooms !!