“Ok”

Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Ok”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Overnight stay was decent but its remote from other attractions nearby. Room was very cozy, clean, and beds were really comfortable. Bath tub were not so worth soaking in. Coffee machine wasn't cleaned properly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thanks for the feedback with your review. I'll follow up with my Executive Housekeeper to take a look into your comments and see if this can be prevented for the future.
Thanks again,

Tim Elie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Spent a weekend here for my sons soccer tournament. Front desk check in was excellent, very quick, efficient and friendly.
No elevator so if you have mobility issues, ask for a ground floor room. Room was very clean, and beds were really comfortable. Common areas were clean. Nice pool and I thought it was fantastic that they have lifeguards, as most hotel pools don't. At night there were security officers roaming the halls, much appreciated so that all the sport team kids stayed under control. Continental breakfast was average. I'd stay here again if in the Rochester area.

• Stayed July 2013
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
We all appreciate your feedback and nice mention of the hotel amenities. It sounds like your family made good use of the Pool, as did your team. Hope you did well in the tournament and do hope you'll return next year and stay with us again.

Minneapolis, Mn
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I never welcome climbing upstairs to my room with my luggage and my computer to anyone. Reserve a room on the first floor if this is a problem for you.
And I am a business traveler, I need a desk in my room.
This is a very dated hotel. I would avoid staying here again. The room was clean, the pillows very hard and uncomfortable--I did not use one.
I am sure the desk staff hears the lack of elevator complaints constantly, but they need to rise above it. I was not impressed by their friendliness.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor if you do not like steps. Air conditioning is very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
I was glad that you took time to write me a review, I certainly do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the hotels amenities. I understand the frustration of not having an elevator and though it certainly doesn't address your concern, the good news for the future, is an Elevator is being added with our upcoming renovations. I hope you'll come visit when the renovation plans are completed.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed at the property in early July. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Every time I interacted with the front desk team, they were exceptional. They were customer service oriented and timely attended to each guest as there were multiple guests in line needing assistance everytime I was at the front desk.

The rooms definitely do not seem to have had a renovation like the lobby and outside of the property. The room smelled "musty" or "stale." The air conditioner was not turned on in the room which contributed upon when I entered. The air conditioning unit in the room was very old and loud. There are only 2 settings....high and low. A third option exists on the unit with a fan setting, which did not seem to do the trick.

What was unsettling the most was there were little stray hairs in the bed and on some of the pillows (not consistent kind either). The pillows also smelled "stale" not fresh or clean. Due to the late hour and very full hotel, I removed the linens that I found these little stray hairs. I was exhausted and found a corner of the bed to sleep on.

I, as others, stayed in the 600 floor which is more of an annex from the original property. I enjoyed my walk to this destination after a long day of travel. It felt great to stretch my legs! On my walk, I couldn’t help notice the lack of air flow in the hallways, perhaps there isn’t any air conditioning in the hallways or very little? It wasn’t extremely warm, yet it was July. There were not pleasant odors (not sure what exactly) too as I walked through the different parts of the hotel. Not a fresh or clean smell which I prayed the room would be different. It was disappointing overall especially when paying what I paid for my stay!

I appreciate the staff and all of their efforts which definitely helped make my overall stay tolerable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
I certainly appreciate your feedback and I do apologize for the items mentioned regarding your room. I have shared this review with my Executive Housekeeper to follow up with the team to see how this can be prevented from happening to another valued guest. I have also discussed the concern with the air flow with my Chief Engineer, and though I have not heard of this issue before, I have taken note to keep a close eye on this area to see if this is an on going issue that will be addressed. Thanks again for the feedback,

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The only negative I could see with this hotel is with the bathroom -- the lighting is dim, the layout is a bit tight, and it's a bit dated. Other than that, everything about this hotel was excellent. Very nice updated room, comfortable bed, good equipment in the fitness center, nice indoor pool and hot tub, nice restaurant with good food, and every employee I met was extremely kind and helpful. Even being practically on top of the airport, I never heard a single plane. There are no elevators, so toting luggage would have been a pain if my room had been on the second floor, but the manager mentioned that elevators are coming. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank cj6767
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. We take great pride with our customer services and I'm happy that you noticed. I will share your review with the entire team and I certainly hope if your travel plans bring you through Rochester again, you'll continue to utilize my hotel.

Arlington, VA
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We've stayed here twice over two years, though I am just now getting around to writing a review.

The hotel - 3 out of 5 (it's tired and needs a makeover)
The staff - 5 out of 5
Overall rating - 4 out of 5

We arrived at ROC at 1:15 a.m., due to flight delays. We called the hotel, which sent the shuttle driver over right away - it was a 5-minute wait. Driver was friendly and empathetic. Once buzzed in to the hotel, the desk manager was also friendly, efficient and empathetic. Because we arrived so late, our room was far away from the front area (600 section), and we walked a long ways to get there.

There is no elevator in this hotel (two stories) which is not a problem for us, but might be for others.

The room itself was clean, though looking like it needs a bit of a rehab job. In fact, the whole hotel feels a bit tired. Bed was comfortable, pillows were supportive and we slept well. The walls are NOT paper-thin, unlike the HEI Victor (see my review). We did not hear what was going on in other rooms or in the hallway.

Breakfast was not included in the room rate, but we had a Club discount coupon and ate a tasty omelet & eggs Benedict. Coffee was weak. Waiter was very friendly and nice.

While checking out and waiting for the shuttle driver, the front desk staff was very pleasant and engaging. There was a discussion of TV shows we like in common that went on long enough that the shuttle driver had to wait for us to finish. :) (No, we didn't delay any other passengers.)

Once on the shuttle, we asked the driver what he would do if he had a few hours to spare. He gave several good recommendations, two of which we decided to do before our family reunion events began.

Excellent recommendations all around. Again, the hotel needs a refurb, but it's convenient to ROC and has tremendous employees.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Twice in 2 years...Thank you for your patronage and continued loyalty. I am glad you were able to write a review and I appreciate your kind words about the customer services you experienced. We continue everyday to place a great deal of emphasis on just this. We too are looking forward to our upcoming renovations which will include the installation of the Lobby Elevator. The renovations, elevator and our great customer service will make a wonderful experience even better.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Got to the hotel late and there was poor service from the start. I was not giving in directions to my room as well as the room being dirty . The room service came into the room three hours before check out .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arnold H
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for the feedback, I am truly sorry you had an issue with your room as well as having someone knock on the door in the morning. I will use the feedback to review the procedures with my team so that this does not happen to another valued hotel guest.