“My experience with the reservation process.”

Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Rachel mee was extremely kind, polite and courteous. She came across as very personable, even over email!
All my questions and requests were handled within hours of my request, and I felt like I was an important customer to her!
I want her manager to know that she comes across as someone who really cares about her job!

Thank you again for the great service! What a wonderful start to my upcoming trip!
Kim

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Kim F,
Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful note regarding the services provided by Rachel. I truly do appreciate this message and know the services Rachel offered is what you'll receive from all of us. Hope for the opportunity to thank you in person when you arrive.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I would have rated this a 3 or 4 because of the cleanliness and value, but the front end staff at this hotel was the worst I have encountered in years. Shelby specifically told many people (at least 4 of the 5 colleagues I was with) incorrect times for their shuttles (making 2 of them miss their shuttles), was annoyed when I asked for a King sized bed (that I had booked in advance, and was not given)- she proceeded to offer me the correct room for the second night of my stay but then have the room away by the next morning, and was even more annoyed when one of my key cards was not working and I asked for it to be activated.

The rooms themselves were decent, clean and comfortable. The shuttle drivers were extremely friendly, as was the breakfast staff. Gym was well kept and had nice equipment. A decent place to stay overall.

I don't know if it is only that one person at the front desk that messes with the shuttle times, but do NOT rely on the shuttle for any business purposes as you will either be extremely early or late (not due to the drivers themselves but the front desk scheduling).

• Stayed: November 2013
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear 11bopeep11,
Appreciate your feedback from your recent interview. I was surprised to here there was any confusion with the complimentary shuttle provided. We do work closely in monitoring the timeliness of the shuttles for there accuracy. I apologize information mentioned appeared to be incorrect as well as any concerns with the Front Desk assistance, this truly is not our normal services and I will take a look into this to insure it from happening to another valued guest.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for. Continental breakfast was average but included at no extra cost--service was very friendly though. The room was clean and neat, but little things were annoying like I booked a king-sized bed and got 2 full size beds... and the receptionist told me I was out of luck because no more kings were available. Only shampoo was available (no conditioner). But most annoyingly was the bent ironing board. Not ideal for preparing before a job interview. Again, you get what you pay for.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Hippo999,
Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that some of the arrangements were not as expected. I wish I had the opportunity to research your room to fix any the items noted. I will be sure to share your review with my team of managers so they have an idea of the issues you mentioned and we can take decisive actions to prevent any reoccurrences.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Good: The location is great. The staff is excellent. That includes the people that work in the bar/comedy club. I was pleased to find regular size pillows in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows made it that much better, since most Holiday Inns have those tiny square ones. The comedy club was fun, if you don't mind raunchy humor. Some walked out. We stayed :-)

The Bad: The bloody mary I had at the bar was the worst I have ever had. It tasted like someone put a straw in cocktail sauce and poured horseradish in it. It was so bad that I got sick. The only other complaint is they should have a covered area to smoke outside other than the one at the main entrance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Marilynj6354,
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the services offered as well as the full size pillows. I do appreciate your comment regarding the drink served and will look into this to see what may have happened. Glad you also liked the comedy club. Please visit again and check out the lineup of future comedians.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We shall be writing corporate office once we settle back after our trip North. We came to our 50th class reunion early in the month. We brought our dogs which we were told needed to be on a wing far away from civilization due to any interruptions they may have on other visitors and we had to sign a waiver that they wouldn't disturb people or cause damage. We were also told there was an elevator and people who would be helping us move our dogs and luggage to this far away corridor. The front desk was rude, not just to us, but to others of our classmates checking in... some also told of an elevator so they could transport their luggage which as we found was non existent. The first night for us was quiet... we had the whole corridor due to "nasty dogs who could upset other customers". We accepted the near mile walk to our 50th reunion festivities, but, the next day we were deluged with obnoxious, undeciplined children with no parental supervision.... running down the halls, banging on walls and yelling, emptying the ice machine. But what we heard from the parents, who were happily ignoring their kids and drinking in their rooms was..... "someone needs to get rid of those f.........g dogs"! We called the desk and told them of all the disturbances and the ice all over the floor and reminded them of the waiver we signed and we had better not, under these circumstances hear from them and that no one had to sign a waiver for disruptive, obnoxious children; nothing was done about the noise or the ice all over the floor and it continued all through the following day. We had a hockey net set up in front of our door so we couldn't even enter our own room, nearly got hit with a hockey stick and got a couple of balls thrown in our faces; the "bridge" to our corridor was a constant challenge to get through with kids, balls, nets, blocking our way to our wonderful 50th reunion. Then, at the reunion, we sat trying to listen to the presentation by our high school president, and all we could hear through the thin walls to the bar was the filthy four letter expletives coming loudly from the "Comedy Hour'. The waitresses came and went, but no staff tried to quiet the next door room and much of our class presentation was missed due to the loud, disgusting next room. We are people in our late 60's/70, spending a lot of time making this trip and not causing anyone any disturbance, but what we received was a totally nerve wracking and extremely stressful experience at the Holiday Inn. On a positive note, our banquet dinner was exceptionally fine...... other than that, we shall never come back or refer anyone to this place and we shall be writing to the corporate office a formal complaint. We have traveled all over the country staying at a number of well-known and respected motels with our dogs. Nothing can come close to the disappointment of staying at the Holiday Inn/Airport in Rochester, NY.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean but this is a large motel and if you are older with physical problems like we have...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda K
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest ,
Thanks you for taking time to outline your recent stay concerns. Though I wasn't pleased myself with the items mentioned, I do appreciate the opportunity to use this feedback as an opportunity to work with my team to see how we can deal with some items mentioned for the future. I can assure you that every concern mentioned will be addressed with my executive team. I certainly do apologize if you felt the adult humor from our comedy club was offensive and we do make every effort to keep this entertainment maintained within the club. As to your concerns from other guests regarding the dogs, though I can't control another guests comments or actions, we did have security come to the area to see if they could intervene, so we were receptive to that concern and did reply quickly. Again, I do appreciate all the feedback shared.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

In Rochester on business and booked the Holiday Inn Airport. I'd booked a smoking room but on arrival they informed me that all the smoking rooms were undergoing 'deep cleaing.' This was good to hear but left me without the room I'd requested. The ladies at the front desk were quick to sort it out and moved me to a suite. Very accommodating and all with a smile. The room was very spacioius with living and dining area, desk and kitchenette and the bed was very comfortable. This property might seem a bit aged in some regards, but don't let this discourage you. The rooms and property were very clean and service was great! Add to it a full cooked to order breakfast for around $10 and you can't beat it. I'll definitely repeat if I am back in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I'm very happy to hear that my team was able to accommodate your request by offering you the suite due to our cleaning. I appreciate your kind feedback and hope during your next visit we can have the chance to meet and I can thank you in person.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The rooms were nice and the bed were really comfy. They had a restaurant and bar with a live bad and tv's. We stayed at the hotel for a wedding. It was such a nice hotel that we brought our family back a month later when we were traveling along the St Lawrence seaway. Very nice holiday

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if our are traveling with people who cannot navigate stairs make sure to req...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share such a nice review. I am very pleased not only did you enjoy your first visit, but made it a point to return for another weekend. I do hope you took note of the Erie Canal directly behind the hotel as you mentioned your travels along the seaway trails. Hope you'll come back soon.