“Adequate hotel with first-rate staff” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Orlando, Florida
“Adequate hotel with first-rate staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is quite dated, though the room was clean, comfortable and quiet -- and it gets major kudos from me for having a power strip located right next to the bed so that I didn't have to move furniture around to be able to plug in electronics. The flat screen TV in the room was also a nice nod toward trying to be current (and had a sleep timer!) In fact, it's these last points that lead me to give a review of average rather than lower. Indeed, being this close to the airport and located practically on the Interstate, the hotel was surprisingly quiet.

I stayed here because my business was elsewhere in upstate New York, but my flight home was early in the morning out of Rochester Airport. After checking in, I had considered eating in the hotel's restaurant, but it was right out of an earlier decade (much earlier?) and I could hear Chef Robert Irvine of Food Network's Restaurant Impossible shouting (in my head) about how dated its decor and menu were. So, after scouting out a reasonable place for dinner (as there was seemingly nothing else close by), I returned my rental car at the airport and had the hotel shuttle pick me up.

The front desk staff were very helpful (they printed my boarding pass when I couldn't get the printer in the business center to work); gave me the number to contact the shuttle at the airport; and were very courteous at check out in the morning. The shuttle drivers both when I returned from the airport (around 7 p.m.) and when I headed out for my flight (around 5 a.m.) were very courteous as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear ChicagoASD,
Appreciate the feedback and glad you took the time to write us a review. The staff works very hard to take care of all our guests so you do get to feel at home while your here. It's too bad you didn't eat in the Restaurant, I think you would have been surprised with the quality and quantity of your meal, perhaps next time.
Come visit with us again.
Tim Elie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Elmira, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I know this might seem like a petty reason for a mediocre review, but we're going to Rochester for a specific purpose and wanted a hotel within a set distance from our desired location. All of the travel sites posted 2.4 miles to Sahlen's Stadium from this Holiday Inn (our hometown team made it to the State Finals in Football and were playing there). The game is a night game, and we honestly don't want to be driving around Rochester at night. Additionally, the area is supposed to get some snow, so the closer the better. We narrowed our choices down to four, and the Holiday Inn won out solely due to it's published distance from the field. Getting our directions together this morning, I see that it's actually 5.4 miles to the stadium. We would have chosen a closer hotel if we knew, because all were comparable in price and amenities. And honestly, who wants to stay near an airport if there is something closer to their destination available? Again, this may be nit picky or petty, but it was the sole reason we chose this hotel, and of course, it's too late to cancel. Very disappointed.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear nimicholas,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am sorry you didn't like the location of the hotel as it's a direct drive to downtown, less than 10 minutes. Too bad your review didn't include the nice amenities the hotel had to offer. I hope you were able to utilize any of the services/amenities we offered. Perhaps another time. At least I hope your team won it's game.
West Plains, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is a nice hotel close to the airport with free shuttle service. The staff is very friendly, rooms are clean. The hotel is only two stories with no elevator so if you have lots of luggage ask for the first floor. Nice friendly pub and the dining room is nice however service is a bit slow. One of the better business services centers for a small hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Louis320,
Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review on your recent visit. We all appreciate the kind words of praise from the services offered to the cleanliness and amenities we offer. We hope your next travel through Rochester brings you back here and let me be the first one to thank you in person.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Rachel mee was extremely kind, polite and courteous. She came across as very personable, even over email!
All my questions and requests were handled within hours of my request, and I felt like I was an important customer to her!
I want her manager to know that she comes across as someone who really cares about her job!

Thank you again for the great service! What a wonderful start to my upcoming trip!
Kim

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Kim F,
Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful note regarding the services provided by Rachel. I truly do appreciate this message and know the services Rachel offered is what you'll receive from all of us. Hope for the opportunity to thank you in person when you arrive.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I would have rated this a 3 or 4 because of the cleanliness and value, but the front end staff at this hotel was the worst I have encountered in years. Shelby specifically told many people (at least 4 of the 5 colleagues I was with) incorrect times for their shuttles (making 2 of them miss their shuttles), was annoyed when I asked for a King sized bed (that I had booked in advance, and was not given)- she proceeded to offer me the correct room for the second night of my stay but then have the room away by the next morning, and was even more annoyed when one of my key cards was not working and I asked for it to be activated.

The rooms themselves were decent, clean and comfortable. The shuttle drivers were extremely friendly, as was the breakfast staff. Gym was well kept and had nice equipment. A decent place to stay overall.

I don't know if it is only that one person at the front desk that messes with the shuttle times, but do NOT rely on the shuttle for any business purposes as you will either be extremely early or late (not due to the drivers themselves but the front desk scheduling).

• Stayed November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear 11bopeep11,
Appreciate your feedback from your recent interview. I was surprised to here there was any confusion with the complimentary shuttle provided. We do work closely in monitoring the timeliness of the shuttles for there accuracy. I apologize information mentioned appeared to be incorrect as well as any concerns with the Front Desk assistance, this truly is not our normal services and I will take a look into this to insure it from happening to another valued guest.

White Plains, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for. Continental breakfast was average but included at no extra cost--service was very friendly though. The room was clean and neat, but little things were annoying like I booked a king-sized bed and got 2 full size beds... and the receptionist told me I was out of luck because no more kings were available. Only shampoo was available (no conditioner). But most annoyingly was the bent ironing board. Not ideal for preparing before a job interview. Again, you get what you pay for.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Hippo999,
Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that some of the arrangements were not as expected. I wish I had the opportunity to research your room to fix any the items noted. I will be sure to share your review with my team of managers so they have an idea of the issues you mentioned and we can take decisive actions to prevent any reoccurrences.

Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Good: The location is great. The staff is excellent. That includes the people that work in the bar/comedy club. I was pleased to find regular size pillows in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows made it that much better, since most Holiday Inns have those tiny square ones. The comedy club was fun, if you don't mind raunchy humor. Some walked out. We stayed :-)

The Bad: The bloody mary I had at the bar was the worst I have ever had. It tasted like someone put a straw in cocktail sauce and poured horseradish in it. It was so bad that I got sick. The only other complaint is they should have a covered area to smoke outside other than the one at the main entrance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Marilynj6354,
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the services offered as well as the full size pillows. I do appreciate your comment regarding the drink served and will look into this to see what may have happened. Glad you also liked the comedy club. Please visit again and check out the lineup of future comedians.