“Excellent experience and value”

Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Louisville, Tennessee
“Excellent experience and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

This hotel has an airport shuttle. The room is quiet and comfortable and it has a microwave, fridge and coffee pot. Shower water flow is good and the bed is comfortable. So the basics are well covered.

The complimentary breakfast buffet is a 5 star experience. The selection includes the typical juice, cereal, oatmeal, sausage, etc. and the not-so-typical Lisa and Juan. Lisa is an absolute joy- she has a warm greeting and asks where you prefer to be seated. Once at your table your coffee cup is never less than half full. Juan makes the perfect omelette or fried eggs.

There is also a complimentary dinner buffet which is ok. I preferred to dine next door at Sticky Lips (outstanding ribs! and the portion was huge- enough to enjoy leftovers with soup and salad from the hotel buffet my second night).

I am a frequent traveler and my trips to Rochester were previously at a competing hotel nearer to the airport. No longer. This is my new Rochester lodging destination.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Though this review is not for my hotel, and I have asked trip advisor to delete this, on behalf of Holiday Inn Hotels, I thank you for taking time to write what a great stay you had at one of our hotels. Hope you'll visit Rochester frequently and always consider Holiday Inn's as your first choice.
Tim Elie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Flanders, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Holiday Inn Rochester is pretty simple and a little dated but the warm staff makes up for that tenfold. Everyone from the front desk agents to room service to just random staff walking through the halls was exceptional!
All the ladies, and one gentleman, I encountered at the front desk was warm and took interest in my business there throughout the entire visit. Room service was quite busy during when I ordered dinner in but I got my delicious food in a decent amount of time by a very sweet staff member. When I left my tray outside the door, it was picked up almost immediately.
After I checked out, I had to hang around the lobby for a while and sat there doing work until I was ready to leave. Every staff member that passed by me greeted me and one in particular made an effort to get me something to drink while I worked.
Like I said, exceptional staff. They made the visit worth it.

I only wish there had been a power strip by the bed and that the pool was open just a little later.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear traveler_su.
I want to thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review . We are very happy to have so many wonderful employees that truly like there jobs and strive to take such great care of our guests. I am glad you experienced what I see every day. I'll be sure to share your comments with as many employees possible, they too appreciate the nice words. Hope your travels bring you back to Rochester soon and perhaps we can meet so I can thank you personally.
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Let me start with all the stuff that I liked best (and there is a lot on which to report):

1. Chuck Bailey at the front desk greeted me this morning at 6:30 AM. When he saw that I was carrying a box of my company's products, he immediately said, "Would you like a key to the meeting room?" He also cheerfully summoned a banquet staffer because I had a question. Later, I ran into him in the hallway after he had clocked out for the day. He said, "Did you get everything you need? Is there anything else we can do for you?" What a treat to be treated so well!

2. Art Moore came down the hall a few minutes after Chuck summoned him. He greeted me with an enthusiastic smile and asked what I would like changed in my meeting room. What I needed took a little creativity and Art acted like it was the best idea he had ever heard. Later, when my group broke at 10:30 and 2:30, Art came and refreshed the water without being asked. My group was tiny compared to a large meeting nearby, yet Art took care of us without being asked. When he was leaving for the day, he checked with me to make sure everything was okay.

3. An evening desk clerk was really great when I asked for a free breakfast (I am a Gold member). She gave me that and a pass to the concierge lounge. The concierge lounge is actually not much and I was happier with the free breakfast, where I was served by a truly charming person who brought me a pot of coffee and a to go cup without being asked. The breakfast buffet was nice, with fresh fruit and yogurt aplenty.

4. The rooms were fine. They aren't fancy (Holiday Inn 90s décor), but clean and comfortable. I had 306, which is really on the first floor, down the hall from the desk. I don't recommend it because of desk noise, although it has handicapped access (which I did not need). It's right near the entryway and smokers stand outside the window and smoke and talk, so I'd avoid that unless you want the front desk to see your room and you don't mind noise.

The only thing the hotel could do better was to coach Monique, the desk clerk in training who checked me in. She was eating something when I walked in and she put her fingers in her mouth and then handled my credit card. The positive side of her behavior was that she greeted people warmly, made eye contact with each person who was waiting, and said "I'll be right with you" to anyone who had to wait. I was concerned that she loudly said, "You're in room 306." I said, "I'd prefer if you'd not announce my room number to the lobby. It's a general rule of business traveler safety. I'm from Detroit and a Northwest flight attendant was killed 20 years ago after the killer followed her to her room, which was announced by the desk clerk." Monique was a little puzzled by that and I probably went too far - I could have just asked for a new room and shut up about it (next time, I will). The best desk clerks hand travelers key packets with a quietly said "Here's your room number" (pointing to the key packet) and "You're down the hall to the left" or something like that.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms with numbers that start with 3 (that's the first floor) and it tends to be noisy...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear professordoctormom,
Thank you for taking time to write us such a nice review regarding my associates, their services and using their names. They will all enjoy receiving a copy as much as I did to read this review. We certainly work hard to have all our guests enjoy their stay especially from the services provided. I am glad you did. I also appreciate the feedback from our trainee at the desk. I have passed this valued feedback on to her manager for continued training.
Thanks again for your review.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is quite dated, though the room was clean, comfortable and quiet -- and it gets major kudos from me for having a power strip located right next to the bed so that I didn't have to move furniture around to be able to plug in electronics. The flat screen TV in the room was also a nice nod toward trying to be current (and had a sleep timer!) In fact, it's these last points that lead me to give a review of average rather than lower. Indeed, being this close to the airport and located practically on the Interstate, the hotel was surprisingly quiet.

I stayed here because my business was elsewhere in upstate New York, but my flight home was early in the morning out of Rochester Airport. After checking in, I had considered eating in the hotel's restaurant, but it was right out of an earlier decade (much earlier?) and I could hear Chef Robert Irvine of Food Network's Restaurant Impossible shouting (in my head) about how dated its decor and menu were. So, after scouting out a reasonable place for dinner (as there was seemingly nothing else close by), I returned my rental car at the airport and had the hotel shuttle pick me up.

The front desk staff were very helpful (they printed my boarding pass when I couldn't get the printer in the business center to work); gave me the number to contact the shuttle at the airport; and were very courteous at check out in the morning. The shuttle drivers both when I returned from the airport (around 7 p.m.) and when I headed out for my flight (around 5 a.m.) were very courteous as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear ChicagoASD,
Appreciate the feedback and glad you took the time to write us a review. The staff works very hard to take care of all our guests so you do get to feel at home while your here. It's too bad you didn't eat in the Restaurant, I think you would have been surprised with the quality and quantity of your meal, perhaps next time.
Come visit with us again.
Elmira, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I know this might seem like a petty reason for a mediocre review, but we're going to Rochester for a specific purpose and wanted a hotel within a set distance from our desired location. All of the travel sites posted 2.4 miles to Sahlen's Stadium from this Holiday Inn (our hometown team made it to the State Finals in Football and were playing there). The game is a night game, and we honestly don't want to be driving around Rochester at night. Additionally, the area is supposed to get some snow, so the closer the better. We narrowed our choices down to four, and the Holiday Inn won out solely due to it's published distance from the field. Getting our directions together this morning, I see that it's actually 5.4 miles to the stadium. We would have chosen a closer hotel if we knew, because all were comparable in price and amenities. And honestly, who wants to stay near an airport if there is something closer to their destination available? Again, this may be nit picky or petty, but it was the sole reason we chose this hotel, and of course, it's too late to cancel. Very disappointed.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear nimicholas,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am sorry you didn't like the location of the hotel as it's a direct drive to downtown, less than 10 minutes. Too bad your review didn't include the nice amenities the hotel had to offer. I hope you were able to utilize any of the services/amenities we offered. Perhaps another time. At least I hope your team won it's game.
West Plains, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is a nice hotel close to the airport with free shuttle service. The staff is very friendly, rooms are clean. The hotel is only two stories with no elevator so if you have lots of luggage ask for the first floor. Nice friendly pub and the dining room is nice however service is a bit slow. One of the better business services centers for a small hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Louis320,
Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review on your recent visit. We all appreciate the kind words of praise from the services offered to the cleanliness and amenities we offer. We hope your next travel through Rochester brings you back here and let me be the first one to thank you in person.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Rachel mee was extremely kind, polite and courteous. She came across as very personable, even over email!
All my questions and requests were handled within hours of my request, and I felt like I was an important customer to her!
I want her manager to know that she comes across as someone who really cares about her job!

Thank you again for the great service! What a wonderful start to my upcoming trip!
Kim

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HIROC11, General Manager at Lexington Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Kim F,
Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful note regarding the services provided by Rachel. I truly do appreciate this message and know the services Rachel offered is what you'll receive from all of us. Hope for the opportunity to thank you in person when you arrive.