“Stay at the hotel, but plan to eat out!”

Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Moriah, New York
“Stay at the hotel, but plan to eat out!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I overall have to give my stay a 3. Hotel good, clean, people nice, but the restaraunt was poor. Food mediocre and service poor. meals did not arrive to the table even remotely close to each other for breakfast or dinner. Stay at the hotel but plan to eat out!

Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Hollowhound,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel but was disappointed to hear of any concerns in the Restaurant. We take much pride in our services and I do apologize if these services were not what was expected. I have shared your comments within the Food & Beverage departments to insure this from reoccurring.
Tim Elie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Skaneateles, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I'm actually staying here now, and I'm very impressed with the staff. My family member is having surgery at a local hospital, and the staff here at HI were nice enough to allow me an early check in so I wouldn't have to hang around the hospital until 3pm. I did have to switch my type of room to a smaller bed, but am so thankful to have a place to rest that the bed size isn't an issue. Started my morning with the eggs Benedict from the Divino(sp?), and now have a full and satisfied stomach. The walk to the different parts of the hotel isn't nearly as bad as some reviews led me to believe, and the exercise is welcome. :) The room is clean and just what I'd expect from a Holiday Inn. Looking forward to checking out the pool and jacuzzi later, as well as the ROC restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear kimmybbbyeah,
Thank for taking time to write us such a wonderful review especially under the duress you must be going thru at the hospital. I am glad you have enjoyed your visit along with the hotels features, and do wish you the best of luck at the hospital.
schenectady ny
Reviewed 31 March 2014

When I turned my bed down at night there was a blood stain on the underside of the comforter. They changed my linens immediately but it's apparent they are not remaking all the beds in between stays. The room did not feel clean or fresh.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank takemeouttoeat
Dear takemeouttoeat,
Thank you for your message. I am terribly sorry that a stain had been found. We do in fact clean the linens from guest to guest. My Executive Housekeeper was informed of this so this doesn't happen to another valued guest. I am glad my team responded so quickly and again do apologize this occurred.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to leaving on a vacation. The first room was dirty, no vent in bathroom, ants and the toilet was not working. We were switched to another room and the noise in the hallway during the evening hours was so loud we had to call for assistance. There were numerous "hockey players" who hung out in the hallway screaming, shouting etc....No sleep at all with a young family to travel with the next day!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank owe2014
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear owe2014,
Thank you for sharing your comments, I do appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that we had some kids disturbing you. I am aware that my security was addressing these concerns as they worked with all our guests to insure everyone enjoyed their stay. We will continue staying on top of these in the future.
Alexandria Bay
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed one night before our Jamaican vacation and one night after. We have stayed here many times over the years. The bar is good and if you want to order take out, the front desk has menu's for many restaurants that deliver. The bar is good. We like that you can park you car here for 14 days and the 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport is great. The first night we were upgraded as we are priority club members. Thank you for another great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear kitakuni,
Thank you for the nice comments made about the hotel staff and our services provided. Glad you were able to relax before leaving on vacation. Hope you'll enjoy our renovations that will be complete in time for your next vacation.
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2014

First, let me start by saying that the staff treated my team well and we got great rates, including breakfast, online. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and they do have a few updated rooms and a bar. Beyond that, you may want to spend a few extra dollars on a different property. The hotel layout is difficult at best and there is more than one building: not a big deal in summer but it was 9 degrees and walking between the buildings was inconvenient to say the least. There is not an elevator to the second floor; where, oddly enough, the newer updated rooms and the concierge lounge are located. Seems that there really should be an elevator. The breakfast was certainly worth it as there was a full menu available to us and the bar staff treated us very well. It isn't bad for a quick overnight, but they really need to update this property to make it worthwhile for a stay that is more than one night.

Room Tip: If you don't have a big suitcase, take the second floor for a chance at an updated room. Make su...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Scooterc,
I appreciate your feedback , and the time spent to write this review. All feedback is utilized with my team in a positive manner and if needed an opportunity to improve. Our future renovations this year will address the Elevator concern but it will also improve the overall experience for all our guests. We are very excited for this and do hope next year if your travels bring you back to Rochester, you'll stay with us and see for yourself the exciting changes.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The reason why I am giving this an average rating is because the restaurant and bar are terrific and the location is next to the airport for easy access to early/late flights. The bar was great. Half price appetizers that were more than enough for a meal. High quality food too. The service was excellent. The restaurant features Italian food and was also very high quality at a reasonable price.
Where the hotel really stumbles is the rooms. They are in need of a major renovation. I have stayed there on two separate occasions. Both times my room did not have a desk. The hotel is near the airport and must have a lot of business travelers, why would they not have desks?!. Also, the room was terribly outdated, very dark, and honestly not very clean. These are not bright and airy rooms that I am used to when I travel. The hotel lay out is strange and the parking lot is always full. There are better choices in Rochester and I will try something else next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear HockeyD,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am sorry you feel there are better options. Though the hotel looks forward to this years renovations, we work especially hard to provide great services to all our guests and I am very confident my team performs at this high service level. Wait to you see what we do with our renovations this year, I'm sure your next review will be more complimentary of the upgrades.