“Good traveler's hotel”

Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My reservations to attend an on site conference at this hotel were very much last minute, and I did also need a first floor room as there are no elevators to the second floor. Flo and Elys at the reception desk worked hard and were eventually successful in accommodating my needs for the three day stay.
The room was clean and comfortable. Noise level was pretty low.The property is sprawling, but there are many entrances so parking near your room is available although the walk to the restaurant and meeting room areas is quite long from some areas.
It was easy to drive to this property, it's right off of the freeway. And for someone catching a plane, there is a courtesy airport shuttle. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you have difficulty with stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

So glad you took the time to reply about the wonderful services offered by Flo and Elys. They are wonderful and I am glad you experienced what I see every day. Appreciate your feedback and so glad you may return in the future. I hope I can Thank you in person.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel midweek as i was in the area on business. I had previously stayed in a Holiday Inn at Gatwick Airport back in March so was quite happy to book this company again. I would say that the Holiday Inn Gatwick was far better than this one, with the One at Rochester being average compared Gatwicks Good. The reception staff were good and the rooms were clean and well presented, although I was disappointed that I had booked a double non smoking online and was offered a double smoking room, to which i declined and ended up in a twin. However the biggest disappointment was the restaurant. I opted for the meal deal that the reception staff promoted quite well and my advise is don't do it, if you going to eat in pick something off the main menu. The meal deal is drab,minimal choice and small in portion size.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear BarrieWade,
I appreciate the feedback provided as you stayed in Rochester on business. I was pleased to hear the room accommodations were well kept and clean. I am confused on the "Meal Deal" you mentioned. We do not offer anything by this name. We do have a full service restaurant that offers nightly dinner specials to go with a full service menu.
Thanks again for the feedback and hope you'll continue to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Couldn't believe we paid as much as we did to get as little as this hotel offers. No breakfast, no fridge or microwave, and no quiet at night. Drunk people roaming the halls, slamming doors. Earplugs were needed and nearly caused us to miss the fire alarm at midnight. Perhaps a joke from the comedy club at the hotel?

Hotel is old. Reasonably well maintained. Staff was friendly, but couldn't control their unruly clientele. Room was clean. Beds old and not good for multiple night stays. At half the price, it would be acceptable. But there are clearly better options in town that offer better value and perhaps better quality. We use IHG brand hotels frequently, but this one is crossed off our list!

Stayed: April 2014
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear JAB-MI,
Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you felt there wasn't enough value added with your rate. Some of the Value added rates do include Breakfast in the future. I do apologize that the fire alarm went off Saturday evening, I know how much of an inconvenience this causes everyone, and I am sorry this occurred. Hope you understand we value all our guests and hope you will give us the opportunity again to show you what great services and staff we have.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

very friendly hotel in a useful location.We held a family function there and had a great time.the staff and management were very helpful and helped us have a great time, without it being too costly.The food provided was very good and the bar staff did a good job. Quite a few of our guests stayed overnight and were well impressed with the breakfast. A few rooms were a bit cramped and having a shower proved a trifle difficult.
However,overall this is a good place to stay and is very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: pick the right room,even if it means inspecting it first and avoid rooms facing road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear johnny,
Thank you for such a nice review. We all appreciate the fact you and your family were able to experience what a great team of employees we have here. Glad to hear the family reunion went well and we played a small part in it's success. Hope we can take care of any future reunions.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I overall have to give my stay a 3. Hotel good, clean, people nice, but the restaraunt was poor. Food mediocre and service poor. meals did not arrive to the table even remotely close to each other for breakfast or dinner. Stay at the hotel but plan to eat out!

Tim E, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Hollowhound,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel but was disappointed to hear of any concerns in the Restaurant. We take much pride in our services and I do apologize if these services were not what was expected. I have shared your comments within the Food & Beverage departments to insure this from reoccurring.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I'm actually staying here now, and I'm very impressed with the staff. My family member is having surgery at a local hospital, and the staff here at HI were nice enough to allow me an early check in so I wouldn't have to hang around the hospital until 3pm. I did have to switch my type of room to a smaller bed, but am so thankful to have a place to rest that the bed size isn't an issue. Started my morning with the eggs Benedict from the Divino(sp?), and now have a full and satisfied stomach. The walk to the different parts of the hotel isn't nearly as bad as some reviews led me to believe, and the exercise is welcome. :) The room is clean and just what I'd expect from a Holiday Inn. Looking forward to checking out the pool and jacuzzi later, as well as the ROC restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear kimmybbbyeah,
Thank for taking time to write us such a wonderful review especially under the duress you must be going thru at the hospital. I am glad you have enjoyed your visit along with the hotels features, and do wish you the best of luck at the hospital.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

When I turned my bed down at night there was a blood stain on the underside of the comforter. They changed my linens immediately but it's apparent they are not remaking all the beds in between stays. The room did not feel clean or fresh.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank takemeouttoeat

Dear takemeouttoeat,
Thank you for your message. I am terribly sorry that a stain had been found. We do in fact clean the linens from guest to guest. My Executive Housekeeper was informed of this so this doesn't happen to another valued guest. I am glad my team responded so quickly and again do apologize this occurred.