“Lovely hotel, good value”

Hyatt Regency Rochester
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Connecticut
“Lovely hotel, good value”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here in December 2013. I was a little concerned due to mixed reviews, but the price was very reasonable. I was greeted warmly at the front desk. While checking in I made a special request, and by the time I arrived in my room, it was there. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was nice. GREAT location. I self-parked, so it was very reasonable, even cheap for being in the middle of downtown Rochester. Other downtown hotels have recently raised their parking fees. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Sang H, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for the 4 star review. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and thought the prices were reasonable. We pride ourselves in the customer service our front office provides and we are very happy to hear you will be joining us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Hyatt Regency Rochester has the quality you expect from the brand. Conveniently located in downtown Rochester within a 10 minutes drive to the University of Rochester.

The room was comfortable, good amenities, huge TV. The gym had good aerobic machines but limited weight room machines (only one I recall). Overlooks the pool and its airy. The pool looked nice but full with kids at 6 pm when I was working out.

The garage is next door. You don't need the valet parking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Kurt H, Director of Rooms at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you very much for your 4 star review. We appreciate your comments about our staff and hotel being "classy". Sorry about the pool being so crowded when you were staying with us. When you are the only hotel in Rochester with a indoor pool it really draws a crowd. Take care and we will see you next time.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was my second stay in Rochester and the hotel, staff, and phenomenal breakfast again exceeded my expectations. As a business traveler, my accommodations are very important to me.
They provided free shuttle service to and from the airport. A fridge and microwave was delivered to me immediately right after I requested it. The bed was comfortable, the view (as good as it can get for February) was great, and it's conveniently located in the downtown area (Chase bank, restaurants, bars) as well as connected to the convention center where I was working. Finally, the breakfast buffet is out of this world, fantastic service (although I wish the espresso machine had not been broken for the entire duration of my stay) and well worth the reasonable price. Most importantly, the customer service was incredible. Stand outs include managers Tess Kittelberger and Shaughn Bruton in addition to Nicole and Jacqueline at the front desk. If you are headed to Rochester, this is the only place to stay. I look forward to my return!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor. Note: If you receive a handicap accessible room, the bathroom...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WOW! Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate the comments about Tess, Shaughn, Nicole and Jacky as well as our New Breakfast Buffet. We will see you back on your next trip to Rochester.
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The positives first...I was in town auditioning for the Eastman School of Music. The hotel offered a free shuttle from the airport and to the school for me... a definite plus. Additionally, there's obvious examples of recent renovation in the décor on the lower levels. The showerhead gave me a really good shower, and the front desk staff were great (actually, all employees were great). All that said, I was a little disappointed with the furniture in the room (had a nice leather chair and desk chair, but the wooden furniture look beat up)... feels like it is all dated. The TV in my room, a nice flat screen HD set, didn't come with HD channels (they had stretched SD channels), and many parts of this hotel just feel a little outdated. I got my room at a discounted rate, so I think the value is ok (although this is one of the few hotels at which I've stayed recently to charge $10/day for basic WiFi... honestly, I kind of find this annoying... even a Best Western in the middle of Illinois where I stayed recently had free WiFi). I'd do 2.5 stars here if possible, but I'll go with three because of the staff, which were excellent. I've stayed in better examples of the Hyatt redesign recently, but here's hoping Hyatt's not finished with this hotel).

Room Tip: There's 25 floors, so if you're afraid of heights, requesting a lower floor might be worth i...
Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete your guest review of your stay with us. Your feedback is crucial in helping us continuously improve our hotel and guest service.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Your satisfaction is always our top priority. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms to all our guests as well as ensure all your needs are met while visiting. We are glad we were able to provide you with shuttle service and I know if you stay again we will be able to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is connected to the convention center so it's a bit confusing coming in from the parking garage. No big deal.
I felt that the room was a bit run down, the bed itself was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. It was freezing in the room no matter what was done with thermostat. The lobby is very well kept, but the rooms are outdated I couldn't even get a water bottle.
The staff are great :) If you call the front desk asking for ANYTHING, they come through very quickly :) VERY PLEASANT.
I believe if the rooms maybe had a little fridge with water (snacks) and the beds were a bit more cozy, it would really make a difference :) We just came from The Sheraton in Niagara and their rooms, hospitality and overall rating of the hotel was awesome. Always room for improvement Hyatt! :)
Thank you!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sang H, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you had a great experience with our staff, but the rooms felt a bit dated. The improvements are on their way and we hope that you can come back and enjoy and improvements we make. We appreciate your comments and hope you will choose us when visiting the area.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The breakfast is on par with any of the top tier hotels like the Ritz or Four Seasons. The service is excellent, food healthy and locally sourced with "artisan" baked goods and cheeses and the morning news is showing on the large wall like a theater but nicely without sound. They can get you the NYT and WSJ as well as the local paper. A real winner!

Room Tip: Corner suite overlooking the river room 1401 is excellent
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sang H, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5 star review on trip advisor on our downtown Rochester property. We are happy you felt great about the breakfast and hope this is a factor for your next visit to our property.
Whitesboro, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very nice hotel and very clean. Staff is friendly & helpful. We really felt at home and prices were reasonable. Very nice gym & pool area. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Will stay there again for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for view of river and city.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for you 5 star review on trip advisor about our downtown Rochester property. We appreciate you comments regarding our pool and gym. We also thank you for the compliments for breakfast. We are thankful you stayed with us and hope to see you again in the future.