“Perfect for work”

GreenLeadersBronze level
buffalo
“Perfect for work”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Check in was quick, as was checkout. Staff were friendly and efficient. The gentlemen that handle the main entrance off of Main Street were so helpful. My Room was on the 22nd floor, and the city looked pretty lit up at night. Room had everything it needed and the bed was comfortable.

I was there for two nights for a business event. Food was standard for the event and I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, but a colleague did and said his dinner was good. A line of Starbucks coffee is used and complimentary, which was great bc I needed the caffeine to stay awake during some parts of the work conference (!).

The only drawback was the prices in their shop. I expect a substantial markup for the convenience, but I had to pay $13 for a tiny bottle of aspirin that runs about $1.99, so that seemed a little steep even for hotel markup. So pack accordingly :)

Internet is complimentary if you're a gold passport member, so I can't speak to fees, bc mine was included. I had no additional or unexpected charges at check out, and accurate charges are indeed nice.

Would recommend to business travelers for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for your review of our downtown Hyatt Regency Rochester property.

I'm very glad you enjoyed your room while staying with us. At the Hyatt Regency Rochester we want our guests to have an enjoyable experience and I'm glad that you were able to have a great view of the city and nice interactions with our staff. As a gold passport member,your loyalty means a lot to us and we thank you for that.

Thank you for your response and I hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was our 3rd time staying at this hotel. We were able to check-in online at 6 a.m. and had a room assignment on the 19th floor. The room was clean and well-appointed. We requested additional towels and they were brought within 5 minutes. The hotels is within walking distance to Dinosaur BBQ which has amazing food. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your five star review of our downtown Rochester property. Your feedback was great to hear.

I'm glad you enjoyed the ability to check in online. This makes the check in process a lot easier for our guests. It is a great tool to utilize.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about our rooms and our staff. We strive to make our guests feel right at home and I'm glad you felt so with our clean and well appointed rooms and our staff working efficiently to respond to your requests.

Thank you so much for your loyalty and I hope to see you again soon.
Michigan Usa
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We needed a place to stay that was near our son's home. This hotel is only a 5 minute walk away. Easy parking ($4/day). We stayed in room 2503. This is on the top floor. We had wonderful view of the city. Room was very quiet. Except for some heater noise. (steam heat/hot water). Great service and room was very clean. The hotel does show a little bit of its age (elevators etc). But overall excellent stay for the price. We did not use their food service.

Room Tip: Our room 2503 has a great view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your review of our downtown Rochester property.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the nice view on the twenty fifth floor of the hotel. We strive to make our guest feel as comfortable as possible and I am glad you were happy in your quiet room on the top floor and were able to be so close to your son.

Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you again soon.
Geneseo, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here for a friends birthday party. I can't complain my gf and I enjoyed the view of the city from our room and the place was clean and the place looks like it keeps up to date.
We had a good breakfast it was an extra charge but that was ok. Not sure the location is worth over 100 dollars but the room was nice so I would stay again

• Stayed March 2014
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for the review of our downtown Rochester location. Your feedback is very important to us.

I'm very glad you enjoyed the nice view of Rochester from your room. We strive to make our rooms a comfortable environment that are always clean and up to date and the view always enhances that.

Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Myself and my Wife had a wonderful time hosting our Wedding at Hyatt in Rochester. To make it more fun and easy access for our guest coming from London, Spain, Ghana and in and around USA. We had a room block which consist of 2 floors was fantastic, Chet Whisler is a Great coordinator and was wonderful till the very end of proceeding.He is the man to talk to if you ever wanted to have an event at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

Room Tip: Our room was very nice with a bottle of complementary champagne
Green Features: The hotel is nicely located within arms reach to shops, Mall and all local tourist attractions. The breakfast chef is the best friendly face, making sure guest are all happy with their first food of day, I think his name is "Garland " and the other server is Nicole wonderful people.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our downtown Rochester property at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

Congratulations again on your wedding! Thank you for sharing such a special day with us. I am glad you had a wonderful experience. Thank you so much for the kind words about Chet. He is great at what he does and I will be sure to pass on the wonderful comments. As well as the great things you had to say about Garland and Nicole. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our restaurant and all they have to offer.

Thank you for the review and I hope to see you again soon.
Merrick, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I usually stay at the two to three story brand name "Inn" or "Suites". Downtown Rochester is a different situation, especilly in the winter. This full service hotel has it all: parking, lounge, common areas, restraurant, pool, etc. You do not want to be wandering the city streets at 7am trying to find a breakfast place; nice breakfast choices in the morning. Courteous staff and nicely decorated property. This is a value proposition that you will not find in other cities. I'd come back again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of our downtown Rochester property. Your feedback is appreciated.

I'm glad you found our full service hotel enjoyable with our parking, common areas, lounge, pool, and restaurant. The new breakfast menu has been a great success and I'm glad you appreciated that as well. Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

We hope to see you soon.
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I really loved my stay at the Hyatt in Rochester. The place was perfect for my busy work weekend however I felt comfortable and taking care of. I had limited time to get ready and get moving and they hotel was right on top of getting me different things I needed and helping to answer questions.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the five star review of our downtown Rochester property.

We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and how helpful they were during your busy stay with us. Our staff is very dedicated to ensuring all of our guests are comfortable and are taken care of while they stay with us,.

Again, thank you so much for the review and we hope to see you again soon.