“Weekend Getaway”

Hyatt Regency Rochester
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Chose the Hyatt due to location and closeness to Phantom of the Opera in town. We were pleasantly upgraded to a suite and enjoyed the extra space. Bed could be a little bit softer but we have a feather top on ours at home and were used to that but good anyway!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for the five star review of our downtown Rochester property.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to be close to the Auditorium Theater for the Phantom of the Opera. It is nice to hear you liked your upgraded suite. It is nice to have a little bit of a larger space to enjoy, especially when you are coming for a nice weekend away. I hope you enjoyed the show and your stay with us.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a really confusing property. The lobby area, common areas, and bar/restaurant are newly remodeled, meticulously clean, and bright and cheery. However, the rooms are old dated, and not particularly clean. The location of the hyatt regency and the property amenities itself (business oriented and right next to the highway entrance and convention center) make it a quality business hotel, but room remodel or update is sorely needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveling_AGP

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry about the condition of your room. We are hoping to make some renovations sometime in the future. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel though. It is great for business travelers.

Thank you again for the review and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The facility could use some prucing up. But that is more than compensated for by the friendliness and great services the staff provide at the ready. They really bend over back to make my stay pleasant. One Thursday I had a no-show for my appointed taxi to the airport and was running short on time, the General Manager drove me to the airport!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your great review of our downtown Rochester property.

We are very happy to hear all the wonderful things you had to say about our staff. At the Hyatt Regency Rochester, we strive to make our guests feel welcome and to provide them with the best service possible.

Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My son and I stayed at the Hyatt one night while in Rochester and had a great stay. I only wish that the breakfast buffet was not so expensive, great food but $18/person surprised us. I also was not aware that parking was not included in our stay, we ended up paying $18 for overnight parking; again surprised us. The rooms were great; the bed and pillows provided were amazing. The staff was wonderful; courteous, professional and friendly. Dallas, at the front desk, was very professional but friendly and helpful at the same time. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay just wish I would have been told about the 2 things I mentioned above. Would I recommend staying at this hotel? Absolutely!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for the review.

I am very glad you hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize about the miscommunication. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or concerns. I'd be more than happy to assist.

Thank you for the wonderful comments about Dallas. She is a great worker and its nice to see that acknowledged. I will certainly pass on the great comments.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had a great stay here. The location was ideal and easy to get to. Our room was very spacious and clean. The front desk provided a local map and several restaurant suggestions that we found very helpful. This will be our first choice hotel the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your five star review of our downtown Rochester property.

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed our central location, close to several restaurants and our spacious and clean rooms. Your loyalty to the hotel means so much to us. Thank you so much.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great location & many of the rooms have great views of the city. Building and rooms are clean and parking is a very reasonable price. The breakfast buffet had a great variety to choose from and was very good. Front desk staff was friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for your review of our the Hyatt Regency Rochester in our downtown area.

It was great to hear all the wonderful things you had to say about our location including the view from the hotel, the clean rooms, the breakfast buffet and our parking rate. We want all of our guests to have the best experience possible when staying with us.

I would like to thank you for the nice comments about our front desk staff as well. We have a great team and it is nice to see that acknowledge. I will be sure to pass on the great comments.

Again, thank you so much and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Check in was quick, as was checkout. Staff were friendly and efficient. The gentlemen that handle the main entrance off of Main Street were so helpful. My Room was on the 22nd floor, and the city looked pretty lit up at night. Room had everything it needed and the bed was comfortable.

I was there for two nights for a business event. Food was standard for the event and I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, but a colleague did and said his dinner was good. A line of Starbucks coffee is used and complimentary, which was great bc I needed the caffeine to stay awake during some parts of the work conference (!).

The only drawback was the prices in their shop. I expect a substantial markup for the convenience, but I had to pay $13 for a tiny bottle of aspirin that runs about $1.99, so that seemed a little steep even for hotel markup. So pack accordingly :)

Internet is complimentary if you're a gold passport member, so I can't speak to fees, bc mine was included. I had no additional or unexpected charges at check out, and accurate charges are indeed nice.

Would recommend to business travelers for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our downtown Hyatt Regency Rochester property.

I'm very glad you enjoyed your room while staying with us. At the Hyatt Regency Rochester we want our guests to have an enjoyable experience and I'm glad that you were able to have a great view of the city and nice interactions with our staff. As a gold passport member,your loyalty means a lot to us and we thank you for that.

Thank you for your response and I hope to see you again in the future.