“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Owen Sound, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great staff, nice hotel, good location, just needs to continue with the upgrades. The dining room is good all facilities are in good condition. Great restaurants on Park Ave. Overall a good hotel. Easy very reasonable parking and the complimentary coffee in the morning was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for the review of our downtown Rochester location.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff, hotel and location. I'm happy you were able to see the area and enjoy the restaurants on Park Avenue. It is very nice to be so centrally located so our guests are able to experience all that Rochester has to offer. We always want to provide our guests with the most enjoyable experience possible.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Upstate NY
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here on business for 3 days. While every staff interaction I had was top notch, the rooms are just not of a quality appropriate for a hotel like this. I agreed to a "women's experience" room, but probably shouldn't have. What I ended up with was a handicapped accessible room with a shower unit that reminded me of a gym locker room, a broken desk chair, and a beat up desk with a power strip zip-tied to a leg. The bed frame was broken and mattress sagging noticeably to the left. Perhaps a "women's experience" is something akin to jail time? I should have asked for a different room, and I kick myself for not doing so. I did get a replacement chair after asking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UpstateNYLawchick
Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry about the experience you had with your room. I have passed on these comments to our housekeeping and engineer departments so that we can have this corrected. Again, I am very sorry. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable when they stay with us. Please feel free to contact me the next time you come back to the area. I want to ensure your next stay is the most enjoyable experience. You can reach me via e-mail at nicole.morales@hyatt.com

Thank you.
Endicott, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Chose the Hyatt due to location and closeness to Phantom of the Opera in town. We were pleasantly upgraded to a suite and enjoyed the extra space. Bed could be a little bit softer but we have a feather top on ours at home and were used to that but good anyway!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for the five star review of our downtown Rochester property.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to be close to the Auditorium Theater for the Phantom of the Opera. It is nice to hear you liked your upgraded suite. It is nice to have a little bit of a larger space to enjoy, especially when you are coming for a nice weekend away. I hope you enjoyed the show and your stay with us.

I hope to see you again soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a really confusing property. The lobby area, common areas, and bar/restaurant are newly remodeled, meticulously clean, and bright and cheery. However, the rooms are old dated, and not particularly clean. The location of the hyatt regency and the property amenities itself (business oriented and right next to the highway entrance and convention center) make it a quality business hotel, but room remodel or update is sorely needed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveling_AGP
Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry about the condition of your room. We are hoping to make some renovations sometime in the future. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel though. It is great for business travelers.

Thank you again for the review and I hope to hear from you soon.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The facility could use some prucing up. But that is more than compensated for by the friendliness and great services the staff provide at the ready. They really bend over back to make my stay pleasant. One Thursday I had a no-show for my appointed taxi to the airport and was running short on time, the General Manager drove me to the airport!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your great review of our downtown Rochester property.

We are very happy to hear all the wonderful things you had to say about our staff. At the Hyatt Regency Rochester, we strive to make our guests feel welcome and to provide them with the best service possible.

Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the future!
Trumansburg, New York, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My son and I stayed at the Hyatt one night while in Rochester and had a great stay. I only wish that the breakfast buffet was not so expensive, great food but $18/person surprised us. I also was not aware that parking was not included in our stay, we ended up paying $18 for overnight parking; again surprised us. The rooms were great; the bed and pillows provided were amazing. The staff was wonderful; courteous, professional and friendly. Dallas, at the front desk, was very professional but friendly and helpful at the same time. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay just wish I would have been told about the 2 things I mentioned above. Would I recommend staying at this hotel? Absolutely!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for the review.

I am very glad you hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize about the miscommunication. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or concerns. I'd be more than happy to assist.

Thank you for the wonderful comments about Dallas. She is a great worker and its nice to see that acknowledged. I will certainly pass on the great comments.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Randolph, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had a great stay here. The location was ideal and easy to get to. Our room was very spacious and clean. The front desk provided a local map and several restaurant suggestions that we found very helpful. This will be our first choice hotel the next time we visit the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your five star review of our downtown Rochester property.

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed our central location, close to several restaurants and our spacious and clean rooms. Your loyalty to the hotel means so much to us. Thank you so much.

We hope to see you again very soon!