“Not worth the money”

GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I will begin by saying the staff was friendly and attentive but that did not make up for the cramped, dated room, worn/stained carpets, torn curtains, grime build-up in corners of bathroom or mold/mold stains on the furniture and grout in the pool area. Use of the pool/workout room was the only amenity included. WIFI $10. per day. Overall felt like a cheap motel vs. high end hotel. On the 20th floor we heard sirens all night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your review.

I would like to apologize for the condition of your room. We are working towards renovations and would love to welcome you back again and show you how great of an experience you can have at our hotel.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Korean first
Rockville, MD, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel provided excellent accommodations for me, as well as for the convention I attended of over 300 professionals. The service was superior and friendly, the food was delicious, the location was convenient, and the rooms were outstanding. (And the fitness center really enhanced my stay!) Everything about my experience was terrific!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your five star review of our downtown property, Hyatt Regency Rochester.

I am very glad you had a terrific stay during your convention. We have a great team who try to provide the best service possible and I am glad you found them to be attentive and friendly. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations, including the food and are newly renovated fitness center. We strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible and I am glad we were able to do that for you.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I just spent three days at the Hyatt Rochester and found the service to be top notch. The events coordinator, Aylin, was professional and courteous, the lead catering manager, David, was attentive and responsive to every need, and the staff was phenomenal and friendly, particularly Marguerite, of the catering staff, and Sondus, on the front desk.

My room was spacious and clean and most importantly, quiet. The food in the restaurant was also excellent; better than most hotel food I have experienced.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to other business travelers and I would stay here on personal time as well.

Green Features: I actually watched and listened to the room television explanation of the Hyatt's philosophy on local sourcing of food materials and actively using sustainable ingredients. It does make a difference, and gives me a more favorable impression.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your five star review of our downtown location at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

We are so happy to hear about the wonderful encounters you had with our staff. We try to make every guest experience as wonderful as possible. Aylin, David, Marguerite, and Sondus all do a fantastic job and it is great to see that acknowledge. I will certainly pass along the great comments!

I'm very glad you enjoyed your quiet and spacious room as well as the food in our restaurant and the use of sustainable ingredients.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great staff, nice hotel, good location, just needs to continue with the upgrades. The dining room is good all facilities are in good condition. Great restaurants on Park Ave. Overall a good hotel. Easy very reasonable parking and the complimentary coffee in the morning was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for the review of our downtown Rochester location.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff, hotel and location. I'm happy you were able to see the area and enjoy the restaurants on Park Avenue. It is very nice to be so centrally located so our guests are able to experience all that Rochester has to offer. We always want to provide our guests with the most enjoyable experience possible.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Upstate NY
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here on business for 3 days. While every staff interaction I had was top notch, the rooms are just not of a quality appropriate for a hotel like this. I agreed to a "women's experience" room, but probably shouldn't have. What I ended up with was a handicapped accessible room with a shower unit that reminded me of a gym locker room, a broken desk chair, and a beat up desk with a power strip zip-tied to a leg. The bed frame was broken and mattress sagging noticeably to the left. Perhaps a "women's experience" is something akin to jail time? I should have asked for a different room, and I kick myself for not doing so. I did get a replacement chair after asking.

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry about the experience you had with your room. I have passed on these comments to our housekeeping and engineer departments so that we can have this corrected. Again, I am very sorry. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable when they stay with us. Please feel free to contact me the next time you come back to the area. I want to ensure your next stay is the most enjoyable experience. You can reach me via e-mail at nicole.morales@hyatt.com

Thank you.
Endicott, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Chose the Hyatt due to location and closeness to Phantom of the Opera in town. We were pleasantly upgraded to a suite and enjoyed the extra space. Bed could be a little bit softer but we have a feather top on ours at home and were used to that but good anyway!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for the five star review of our downtown Rochester property.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to be close to the Auditorium Theater for the Phantom of the Opera. It is nice to hear you liked your upgraded suite. It is nice to have a little bit of a larger space to enjoy, especially when you are coming for a nice weekend away. I hope you enjoyed the show and your stay with us.

I hope to see you again soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a really confusing property. The lobby area, common areas, and bar/restaurant are newly remodeled, meticulously clean, and bright and cheery. However, the rooms are old dated, and not particularly clean. The location of the hyatt regency and the property amenities itself (business oriented and right next to the highway entrance and convention center) make it a quality business hotel, but room remodel or update is sorely needed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry about the condition of your room. We are hoping to make some renovations sometime in the future. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel though. It is great for business travelers.

Thank you again for the review and I hope to hear from you soon.