If you need to stay in downtown Rochester, this is a good choice especially if your reason involves the convention center, which is a beautiful place in and of itself, right next to the Genesee River!
What we liked...
1. Convenience to the convention center, with a skywalk over a street so you don't have to go outside.
2. The hotel is built so that all rooms are close to the elevators, so there are no long hallways to walk down and pull suitcases.
3. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. We had a specific series of needs since my wife had broken her foot, and they met every one!
4. This hotel has a degree of "old world charm".
5. We liked the fact that there was a restaurant that served us even fairly late after the convention ended each night. We had the same waitress each night, Linh, who was superb! Food was outstanding!
What we didn't like....
1. As you might expect with a hotel like this, in the heart of a city, it's not cheap.
2. Nothing is complimentary. (Actually, that's not totally true since they did provide us with a wheelchair for my wife, since we were guests there).
3. The food, while very good, is very expensive.
4. Our room was not cleaned very well. The maid did not vacuum around the bed properly, and there were crumbs and other things on the floor next to the bed when we checked in.
5. Our room, at least, looked "tired" and in need of remodeling. The carpet was clean, but stained here and there. One of the lampshades had wear holes in it, etc.
6. The AC unit did not work very well. We tried to cool the room down, and even set it the hole way to the bottom, at 60 degrees. But still, it wouldn't cool the room to anywhere near that. Also, it turned on and off during the night, so it kept waking me up. There was no setting to keep it on "continuous fan".
All-in-all, though, a very nice place and a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the perfect blend of location, style and authentic hospitality at our downtown Rochester hotel. Unwind at our Scene on Main Restaurant and Lounge or relax by our heated indoor pool after your workout in our 24 hour fitness center. Whether you are in town for business, vacation, a wedding or special getaway, you will find that the Hyatt Regency Rochester is the ideal choice. Our urban and contemporary Rochester New York hotel offers over 20,000 square feet of function space which provides an ideal setting for weddings, corporate and social events and galas. We are connected to the Rochester Convention Center by a sky bridge and only a short walk to shopping, dining and nightlife of the East Avenue and Park Avenue hot spots. We are situated just minutes from the airport, and we offer a complimentary shuttle throughout the day. Whether you are planning a meeting, wedding, family reunion or a romantic getaway, Hyatt Regency Rochester is the premier accommodation you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Rochester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Rochester Hotel Rochester
- Rochester Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Rochester