“Good but a few issues”

Hyatt Regency Rochester
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel was comfortable and it was a very good location. There were a number of things that were positive - great airport pickup service and extra assistance in the business center when I needed to print hundreds of sheets out at the last minute. Beds were comfortable. Lighting in the rooms was good Staff was generally friendly and helpful.

There were little to no benefits for being Platinum here - no lounge access and no offer of breakfast or other amenities. One night there was a ridiculous line for the elevators where I waited 10 minutes just to get back to my room. They did appear to have someone working the one out of service elevator but clearly their lift capacity is marginal when there's a larger number of people coming in. The escalator was also not operating that evening.

All in all, not a bad place, but with a few rough edges that could be improved.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheSpear
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Thank you for your review. Your feeback is very important to us.

We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. We want all of our guests to have the best experience possible while staying with us.

We hope that you will return to the Hyatt Regency Rochester again soon. Please let me know the next time you are in town. I would love to welcome you back and show you an even better experience then before.

Thank you again for the review.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Rochester

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We hold our largest Association event at the Hyatt each year, and it never disappoints. The staff there go above and beyond to meet our needs -- from food, to last minute requests, to working within our budge. Flexibility is the cornerstone of great customer service -- and the Hyatt has that! The staff -- from waiters to bartenders -- even remembers us by name each year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Thank you so much for the five star review you wrote. We greatly appreciate it!

It is always a pleasure to host your event each year and we are happy that you feel it is always such a success. We strive to make sure that every event we host is something special and that we make genuine connections with our guests. We look forward to next years event and seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great hiring and great employee engagement. You can tell the team here really loves their work and cares about their customers experience. From check-in onward there was not 1 person that did not go out of their way. As an example, Erin her manager Laurie in the restaurant went out of her way to get a special order for us. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the five star review of the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and had great interactions with our staff. Our team members are all dedicated to providing our guests with the best service possible and genuinely care about each and every person who stays with us. It is great to hear that it shows through our service.

We hope you get another chance to stay with us and if you do we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a great hotel to stay in. We were here for a convention this last weekend and spent 3 nights here. Despite having a large number of people here, the staff worked wonders to take care of each persons needs. The rooms were clean and well kept. The bedding was wonderful. The neighborhood is unfortunately pretty run down around the hotel...it looks like it, along with the rest of the city, used to be a pretty nice place...but over time it is pretty run down. It is not bad enough that it made us afraid to walk around a little, but there were a pretty fair share of homeless, or drunks that were begging for money or making cat calls to my wife and daughter. All of that ends when you turn into the hotel, they do a very nice job about taking care of the property.

Room Tip: We had rooms 1007 and 1008...they are adjoining and make for a nice large area for a family. There i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am so happy to hear about the great stay you had. Thank you so much for your five star review. We want to provide each of our guests with genuine hospitality and a relaxing room for them to stay in. We are glad you enjoyed your accomodations and we look forward to your next visit back at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Everything was fantastic from the minute we met with the sales department concerning our group. Tia and Chris were accessible and very easy to work with. Our family and friends who travel from across the county to be here had nothing but praises about the service they received from everyone they encountered from the valet, front end, restaurant/bar, and the maid service. Thank you so much for the accommodations and we will highly recommend your property to others!

Room Tip: Higher floors facing north allows a great view of Lake Ontario. Southwest side you have a great vie...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your five star review of the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for all the wonderful comment you had about the staff. I will be sure to pass those along. I know that all of our team was happy to assist you and make your stay a memorable experience.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Everything is 5 stars, I have no complaints at all. Your staff is so accommodating I do not even want to leave back to Puerto Rico. If I could buy an apartment at this hotel I would. This place reminds me of a 5 star beach resort back home in PR. A place where everything is exceptional from airport pick up to the restaurant. I typically order IRD but decided to try the restaurant and the staff were all amazing. From Garlands outgoing attitude, Char & Erin's Service, Lori and Christine's attention to detail, Mary's Omelets, my housekeeper Esparonza, and Sondus at the front desk would do anything for me even if I did not ask.

I will be staying here from now on when I visit Rochester, I will never stay anywhere else even if it means paying the extra price for the perfect service! Thank you!

Luis

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you for your five star review of the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. We strive to make each of our guests have the best experience possible. We want to provide you with authentic hospitality that will make this like a second home for you. It is wonderful to hear that we are your preferred hotel. I'm also glad you decided to take advantage of our in house restaurant. We have a great team over there and the breakfast buffet as been growing which you saw with the new addition of our omlette station. I will be sure to tell the restaurant staff all the wonderful things you had to say. Thank you again for the outstanding review.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

First let me say I never leave reviews but the amazing experience I had warrants one here. We threw a party for my father's 90th birthday party; unfortunately, I live in NYC but Chet and Christine and their team were absolutely wonderful with their help from the detailed information they provided on our first call, to their assistance with planning, and through the actual event. They stayed in constant touch thinking of details that I didn't anticipate and making helpful suggestions via email. Then, when the actual day came, there was someone on hand the entire time, providing the level of constant attention that you would think would be reserved for a large wedding instead of our relatively small birthday party. They were there to cater to ever need. Also--the food was delicious and the set up impeccable. Thanks to Chet, Christine, and all your team for making a memorable day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your five star review of our downtown Rochester location, Hyatt Regency Rochester.

I am very glad to hear that your event went so well. Thank you for sharing such a special occasion with us. I am glad we were able to be a part of it and make it special for you. I will be sure to pass on all the wonderful comments to Chet and Christine. They are both very great at what they do and always work hard to make sure every last detail is perfect. I am happy you enjoyed working with them and that they were able to make your father's 90th birthday all that you imagined it to be.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for your wonderful review.