“Good value”

Hyatt Regency Rochester
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night and booked only a few hours before through a discount website for a good price, especially as it was the Friday of a long weekend. Lobby and bar/restaurant area very nice and modern. Rooms, although clean were a bit dated – not old or ugly, just not modern like lobby.

You pay for valet parking ($15) and I believe you can self park. The odd thing is there is no ramp or elevator from the parking lane to the lobby so you have to lug your suitcase up a flight of stairs. There were bell boys that were quick to help with this though.

Check in was quick and the agent was friendly and helpful with recommendations. Had 1 drink in the lounge and bartender wasn’t overly friendly. Ate breakfast in the lounge/restaurant in the morning. I ordered off the menu and it took about 25 minutes to get my breakfast whereas my boyfriend had the buffet right away and it looked quite good. I should have gone for that instead!

There isn’t much around the hotel but we walked about 15 minutes and found a number of great restaurants. This was my second time staying here and I’d stay there again if I was in Rochester.

Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This may not be up to the standard of some Hyatts around the world but it's safe, comfortable and very friendly. Well situated in downtown and a nice walk to High Falls, which should be visited if you haven't heard of or seen them. Nice health club too. Rooms were clean and a good size and cheap valet parking.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Hyatt Regency Rochester is in the perfect central location for us to stay while visiting family. The rates are decent for Rochester, and with a Hyatt Platinum membership, I usually upgrade to a suite when available. Also, the parking is discounted to $4 per day
The staff is very helpful and attentive. The restaurant has a great breakfast buffet with lots of organic and fresh choices for $18.
The rooms are a bit dated and could use some refreshing

Room Tip: Room 516 had lots of stains on the carpet and is a bit dated
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our first time at a Hyatt hotel and from some of the reviews I thought it would be better. I was very disappointed when we got there to find that this hotel is very dated and worn. We were first given a room that looked like someone had a 70's party in it, lamp shade was broken and the carpet stained and dirty. They gave us another room and this one was marginally better, but the same worn dated decor, hasn't been given any attention since the 70's, there were a couple of burnt out bulbs in the bathroom. The next morning I had to call the front desk for a hairdryer.....this is so basic to every hotel room. We went to the pool area with our daughter and there was nobody there to supervise. There were some neglectful moms there with kids racing around on the very wet deck. They actually thought it was a good idea to bring the babies/toddlers into the hot tub with them, never saw anyone do this before. There should have been hotel staff there to warn of dangers. There is an accident waiting to happen at this pool if it hasn't before. All of that being said, the hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. The Hyatt needs to put some money into this place, fix up some rooms and hire a lifeguard. I just thought it needs some work and should not be rated so high

Room Tip: There probably are some better rooms but I'm not familiar with this hotel or the chain so I woul...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen_SB6344FF
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Thank you for your review.

I would like to apologize for your experience while staying with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at nicole.morales@hyatt.com to speak in more detail about your experience. I would love to get more feedback from you and see what we could have done to improve upon your stay.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here for 4 days in the beginning if Aug. for a conference. The service of staff was completely accomodating. I left my charger home and staff charged up my phone for me, gave me a great room on the 24th floor overlooking the City and was always willing to share sightseeing suggestions. They also have free shuttle service to and from the airport which is a rarity today.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the City
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the five star review of our hotel in downtown Rochester.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will have to pass on all the wonderful comments to our staff. We have an excellent team working with us and they all work hard to provide each of our guests with an amazing experience while they stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge their efforts. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the view of the city. Next time you stay with us we will be sure to get you in a room with another fantastic view like that.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I come a few times a month for business. The hotel is beautiful, but the staff keep me coming back. From Xavier, Sandus, Nicole, Sang and Dallas at the front desk to Lori and her wonderful staff in The Scene on Main! I always feel welcomed and they go out of their way to make me feel special!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank hdarby

Thank you for the five star review.

We are happy to hear all the wonderful comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass them along to everyone. They will all be so happy to hear that they have a positive impact on your stay with us and that you had a great experience each stay. That is what truly counts.

We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am just finishing a 5 month, 5 day a week, stay at the Hyatt in Rochester. This has been my home away from home and my second family. I can't say enough about the great people who have made my stay there wonderful. Some that deserve mentioning are Lori who manages the restaurant and the bountiful breakfast buffet. Nichole, Char and Garland who have provided great table service and made me feel at home every morning. Carolyn who makes the best omlettes. And, finally Mike who greets me every morning when I get done working out and come down for coffee.
If you need to be in downtown Rochester for any reason, I highly recommend the Hyatt. Rooms are big, clean and well kept. For one night or an extended stay this fit the bill perfectly. I will miss the breakfast buffet. There are so many good choices whether you want a little or a lot. I hope I get the chance to come back soon!! MikeG

Room Tip: The basic rooms are nice and big, higher rooms avoid street noise, although there isn't that muc...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your five star review of the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

It has been a pleasure getting to know you over the past few months. You have become as much a part of our Hyatt family as we have become yours. Thank you for all the wnoderful comments about our staff. I will be sure to let all of them know how much their hard work has affected your experience here. We sincerely hope you get the chance to come back again soon. Please let me know the next time you are in town.