“A costly mistake....”

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Utah
“A costly mistake....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Part of staying in a hotel is not just a clean room or ease of finding the ice machine, it is like staying at a friend's house where certain things are just expected. Integrity is of utmost importance wherever one stays.

My room was clean, it had little natural light but was comfortable.
The restaurant is not a fresh-from-scratch type eatery but it was OK. Nothing to write home about except that you miss a home cooked meal.
I did not use the pool but others did.
I did use the shuttle and found scheduling it to be a nightmare. It was all drama -
Hotel Desk: No you can't be to the airport at 5AM, our shuttle starts at 5AM.
Me: How long does it take to get to the airport?
HD: 10 minutes.
Me: OK, I'll take the shuttle at 5.
They called my room at 4:55 to tell me I would miss the shuttle if I did not hurry. Why not just tell me the shuttle leaves the hotel at 5 and leave it at that?
I carried my bags to the lobby and was met by the shuttle driver. I asked if the front desk needed a signature for the hotel extras I purchased. They did not and I was loaded into the shuttle. When I realized I had forgotten my prescription reading glass on the night table I had someone from my office call the hotel. After several searches the glasses are not to be found. So, where did they go? Did the maid service throw them away? No one claims to have seen them. Replacement cost $ 381. I will not recommend this hotel, ever. Yes, I forgot my glasses but they are custom to me and not of value to anyone else. Returning them is the right thing to do.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
I am sorry that you lost your glasses during your stay. I did talk with the Front Desk Manager and he did go up and check himself for your glasses. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

The hotel location to RIT is great.They have a shuttle to the Airport and too RIT. The hotel was clean but a bit dated. Average service levels but pleasant. Ample parking areas and good location to local shops and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel. Hotel is old, and rooms could need a update. But Service and personnel are above normal. Breakfast and food is absolutely ok. I can only recormmend this hotel. Especially if you have business at the RIT. Great shuttle service.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments. We do have have some remodeling scheduled for later this year.
Herndon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

Check-in: It was a simple process and all pet friendly rooms are on the first floor.

Property: It has many grassy area for the dogs to go bathroom. It has an indoor pool. The property is old, and it is not as nice as the Radisson in Newport Beach, CA.

Room: The remote to the sleep number bed didn't work and it was plugged in. I didn't bother trying to fix it. The room was very small and the decor is old. It does have a new TV. The room also has a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom has a single sink that drained very slooooowly. I didn't use the shower, it didn't seem that clean. The room gave me a Holiday Inn Express/Days Inn feel, not the Radisson hotel that I am used to.

Petfriendly: A petfriendly hotel with a per stay pet fee. Check weight limit if you have a big dog. My puppy is only 11 lbs.

Check-out: A very quick process.

Restaurant: Loved the food. A couple of my friends came by and we got room service since have a dog with me. I loved the spinach and artichoke dip, french onion soup, and their steak Greek salad and smoke salmon salad. Note: the steak was a few thinny sliced beef, not a thick steak sliced. The service was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Marinda0
Thank you for your comments. I will be sure to share them with the team.
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed here during Freshman Orientation and it could not have been a better location-right on the corner of the RIT campus. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The lobby and rooms were a bit dated, but everything was clean and well maintained. Lots of convenient parking. The beds were comfortable and we all slept well. We will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for your comments, we hope to see you again.
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I have spent thousands of nights in hotels so I have a very defined view of what I like. This hotel checks all the boxes. I don't need anything fancy but things that make it easy. A comfortable bed, a microwave and a fridge. Great staff at this hotel and very clean. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments, I will be sure to share them with my team.
Wolcott NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We spent 1 nite here. Clean, comfortable room. Front desk was very helpful. Breakfast next morning was excellent. Food, service and attention to detail. Will return again. No noise. very quiet location.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Thanks for your comments. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!