“Back Again”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Yep, I came back again -- how can we not, considering our daughter's dorm is only a short walk away? It was move-out week at RIT, so we stayed overnight to pack her up and bring her home.

Big improvement room-wise from when we came in the fall -- nice, comfortable new mattress as opposed to the lumpy, bumpy Sleep-Number beds, which were awful. Room was sparkling, as usual, with the bathroom spotless. All in all, a nice night's sleep.

One criticism -- I really wish that the breakfast buffet was provided as a courtesy to hotel guests. It's a lot of money to pay for scrambled eggs and bacon at the buffet. You can still keep the bar (great bar, good bartender and good drinks, by the way) and the restaurant for later on in the day.

Yes, I'll be back, of course -- I have a few more years to go with RIT!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ellen J
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are excited about the renovation that we have done and there is more to come. Come back and see us again.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport

Reviewed 16 May 2013

On April 22, 2013 I notified this hotel that we required a KING bed and a quiet room since we were arriving around midnight on May 3 for one night.
As follows: "Attn: Customer Service,
We arrive on May 3 and depart on May 4, 2013. We would like to kindly request a quiet room with a king size bed, since we are arriving on Southwest flight 2688 at 11:25PM on May 3, 2013? We already paid via Priceline # D51L8C2.
Best regards,
I even had the "request read receipt" and the "request a delivery receipt" checked. Nothing - No answer. I paid through Priceline.com at $55.00 plus fees. I have one word for this stay - HERRENDOUS!!

Room Tip: Choose your bed size.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank William K

I am very sorry that we did not have a King bed available when you arrived. Our remodeling project in the rooms has limited us in the room types we have available. I am very sorry that we did not have them back in service and available for you.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Overall not a bad experience, but not an overwhelmingly great experience. The airport shuttle was nice, friendly, and quick. Staff was very friendly overall.

Basically on the R.I.T. campus which is a huge plus for anyone doing business at or using the campus.

Lobby, bar, and restaurant areas were clean and kept fairly up to date. No major complaints there.

The halls and rooms have seen better days. They really show the age of the property, and just don't seem to be as updated as some of the other areas. By no means horrible, but it just doesn't feel fresh and new. Did have flat screen TV's, refrigerators, microwave, and other basic necessities. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Shower pressure was excellent and seemed to have plenty of hot water. Walls were paper thin...could hear everything including the 2 AM party next door...not enough to call the front desk, but annoying nonetheless.

Would stay again for a night or two if doing something right there at the R.I.T. campus.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

We are in the process of remodeling the rooms, many are now done and the rest will be done in a few more weeks. I am sorry that we were not done with remodeling during your stay. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here as we needed to attend an unexpected family event. I initially chose the Radisson because they accept pets but we decided at the last minute not to bring out dog. The room was clean but the premises were under renovation which meant for unsightly hallways and elevators. The walls were incredibly thin and we could hear the person's television next to us throughout the night. However, the staff was incredibly nice and the breakfast was delicious. I'm sure once they have completed the renovations, this will be a nicer hotel and the staff gets major points from us for being very friendly and hospitable!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for your comments. The rooms remodeling will be done soon and we hope you will come back and see us on your next trip.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I've stayed here twice while visiting family. The location is easy to get to from highways or the airport. It's close to lots of stores and restaurants, and within walking distance to the RIT shopping complex on the edge of campus. Great rates are available from the various travel websites. Beds are comfortable, great TVs, quiet location with in- house restaurant.

Room Tip: Many rooms have sleep number beds.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bergen202
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thanks for you positive comments, we will share them with the team. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

My son will be attending RIT so this place is really convenient due to it being right on campus. Service is outstanding rooms are clean but small. No suites and only double beds$##@%^^! I am not that big but my double bed days are over! My husband and I need at least a queen I woke up twice with a god awful sensation that I was going to fall out of bed - C'mm lets get an upgrade! People are really friendly and the restaurant and bar are huge and inviting. Pool is at a wonderful 85 degrees. I would stay again but only if I could sleep alone.

Room Tip: Room on bottom floor close to all activities
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

We do offer King size beds. You can request one on your next stay. Thanks for your positive comments.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

My experience in this hotel was really great. I stayed during October and I was sorry to know they had an indoor pool. Wish I brought my bathing suit! The staff were really accomodating, especially the people who served the breakfast buffet. They were friendly and were patient enough when I kept asking for around 2 days if a package came from California (my aunts were sending me something!). They were really nice about it.

Granted, staying there for 10 days, you would get sick of the breakfast buffet that they served everyday and virtually had no change whatsoever in the kind of food they served but there's a lot of choices from waffles to cereal to bacon and so forth.. so be sure to vary your food.

I liked the idea that they are very considerate of their disabled/handicapped guests. There are rooms specially catered to the Deaf and those who are wheelchair bound. Great, great stuff.

The hotel is right smack near RIT and there is a Barnes and Noble with a few restos that is a 10 minute walk or so. i have forgotten the name of the area. It is also beside some posh living quarters for students so all in all, it seemed safe enough.

The beds were really comfortable and the wifi access was fast and reliable. A really awesome hotel!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you for your positive comments, we hope to see you again soon.