“Average at best.”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The last two times I stayed here was through a 3rd party site. The hotel's staff tries hard. The hotel is well sited if you need to be in the area of RIT. Guest room walls are paper thin, beds are comfortable, the rooms seeemed reasonably clean, hotel has a small indoor pool; nothing else. Their site says spa blah, blah, blah but you have to go off-site for "spa facilities". they should simply say they have a small indoor pool and leave it at that. The restaurant closes early and the hotel is not in neighborhood, other than being next to RIT.
I wouldn't stay here unless I needed to be at RIT, or if it wasn't for the reduced rate 3rd party booking.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Thorner H
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

I am not sure you posted your review for the correct property. Our pool is one of the largest in the city, being 40 foot long and 9 feet deep. The area also has a fitness center and a game area as well as a guest laundry in the same area. Our site does not list that we offer a spa for the Radisson Rochester Airport.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed at the Radisson for 3 nights this past weekend after booking with Priceline for a great rate. The room itself was OK - the hotel is being renovated and we clearly got one of the older rooms (not sure if that had to do with being a Priceline customer or not). I was worried about not being able to get a King Size bed after reading previous reviews but we were lucky (though we arrived exactly at check-in time). Our room was clean and included a fridge, microwave (which came in handy) and a flat screen.

Pros: Rate, location (right next to RIT and down the street from the mall), STAFF, Pool and Free (available)Parking.

Cons: The gym is pretty dismal (old/broken equipment)

I would recommend and would definitely return...after renovations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

The room remodeling will be done soon. We are excited about the new items we have added. Please come and see us again when you are in Rochester.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I book almost all of my rooms through 3rd party sites (Hotwire, Priceline, Kayak, etc.). This tends to get me into a lot of different properties. My experience with Radisson hotels has always been rather positive until this stay. Hotel is right next door to RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology). Appears to be a type of secondary dormitory. Beer cans and empty beer cases all over the hallway. Food wrappers and garbage all over the hallway. They appear to be undergoing a makeover. It's needed, the place is pretty outdated. Staff were friendly but a little bit carefree. Great for a college student, not so great for a business traveler.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott P
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

The purpose of my staying was a seminar at R. I. T. there for the location was perfect for me. Overall it's a simple but !! Very good, a lot of it because of the great carrying staff at the hotel. Every question every need of help I needed they were the with big smile. The rooms are huge also the cosy beds. Thank you again to all of the staff for every thing !!

• Stayed: April 2013
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for your positive comments, we will be sure to share them with the team. Please come back and visit the next time you are in Rochester.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Unfortunately we ended up staying here do to graduation @ many Rochester colleges the w/e we were vendors @ The Lilac Festival. I called the reservation in directly to the hotel & got a room whew! There were few rooms left in the area! I was told the rate very high as far as I was concerned but I needed a room. Little did I know they charged me the Monday before I was staying!! My reservation was for Saturday! I was NEVER told this! I noticed this on my card ...long story short...I called the hotel talked to the desk clerk who said I had to have been told & this is our policy...well I wasn't told & I'm not happy being charged this far in advance!! May I speak to the manager? He had to call me back which he promptly did & he said the same I told him I had NOT been told ...he said I had to have the 800 # blah...blah... blah... I didn't call the 800# I called you hotel directly. Opppss basically too bad this is how it is. An email @ the time of charge would have been nice so that I wouldn't have bothered the poor accounting girl @ the Riverside Radisson where we stayed the w/e before thinking they double charged us. So we won't be staying there again. The staff we dealt w/directly @ the hotel during our stay were very nice!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

I am very sorry that it was not communicated to you that we required advanced payments for the special event. We have spoke with the team to be sure in the future all guests are aware of the payment policy when we have a special event. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Yep, I came back again -- how can we not, considering our daughter's dorm is only a short walk away? It was move-out week at RIT, so we stayed overnight to pack her up and bring her home.

Big improvement room-wise from when we came in the fall -- nice, comfortable new mattress as opposed to the lumpy, bumpy Sleep-Number beds, which were awful. Room was sparkling, as usual, with the bathroom spotless. All in all, a nice night's sleep.

One criticism -- I really wish that the breakfast buffet was provided as a courtesy to hotel guests. It's a lot of money to pay for scrambled eggs and bacon at the buffet. You can still keep the bar (great bar, good bartender and good drinks, by the way) and the restaurant for later on in the day.

Yes, I'll be back, of course -- I have a few more years to go with RIT!

2  Thank Ellen J
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are excited about the renovation that we have done and there is more to come. Come back and see us again.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

On April 22, 2013 I notified this hotel that we required a KING bed and a quiet room since we were arriving around midnight on May 3 for one night.
As follows: "Attn: Customer Service,
We arrive on May 3 and depart on May 4, 2013. We would like to kindly request a quiet room with a king size bed, since we are arriving on Southwest flight 2688 at 11:25PM on May 3, 2013? We already paid via Priceline # D51L8C2.
Best regards,
I even had the "request read receipt" and the "request a delivery receipt" checked. Nothing - No answer. I paid through Priceline.com at $55.00 plus fees. I have one word for this stay - HERRENDOUS!!

Room Tip: Choose your bed size.