“Great location for RIT, hotel aging a bit”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed over a Saturday and Sunday night while visiting RIT with our daughter. The location can't be beat, and we even walked over to campus on our first day. Although the rooms were clean, our room location was a bit noisy. We were directly across from an ice machine, and there seemed to be young hockey players running up and down the hallways. The hotel appears to be aging a bit, and although the banquet facilities seemed very well used, the on-site restaurant was mostly empty for the duration of our stay. On RIT's website, they mention to call the hotel directly for special deals for those visiting RIT, but the operator we got just offered us the same deal that the hotel's website had online.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

I am sorry that the hockey teams were running in the halls. We are right on the campus which makes it easy for guests to get over to RIT. Please come back and see us when your back in Rochester.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel was super clean and is located in a quite area. It is location is close to the airport, downtown Rochester and other major attractions. I was there for a weekend gateway with a friend and was impressed by the exceptional customer accommodation. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I need to extend my checkout time due to flight delay and the staff were willing to extend my checkout time at no cost. I plan to stay the hotel on my next Rochester visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Durango13

Thank you for your positive comments. We agree, we feel that we are underrated. Too often we only hear and read the negative comments. Please come back and see when your in Rochester. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The place is not particularly close to the airport, but they provide a shuttle service to the airport that is really convenient. Staff is friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and readily available. I did a reverse park-and-fly, where I left my car, flew off for a few days and returned late at night not wanting to drive two hours. It was the right choice. When parking at the airport is factored in, the room rate was quite reasonable.

There were late night dining options in walking distance. The Radisson is next to RIT and my room overlooked the Genesee River. The location is far enough from the airport and the highway that airplane and traffic noise is not an issue. I was able to get a good night's sleep and get on the road the next day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bb_organic

Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with the team. Come back and see us when you are back in town.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We recently held our 10th Anniversary Celebration Dinner of RIT's Future Faculty Career Exploration Program (FFCEP) at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport and could not be happier with the hotel accommodations and staff. Throughout the entire planning and execution phases the staff were enthusiastic and dedicated to making this milestone event not only successful, but one to remember fondly. They went out of their way to tend to every minor detail from ordering napkins and designing table centerpieces that incorporated our institute's colors, to creating a specialty dessert for our guests consisting of a moist pumpkin cake set on white chocolate pudding and topped with whipped cream in martini glasses that was consistent with the color scheme and season. Our guests were received in the main hallway adjacent to the ballroom where a long bar was setup for cocktails and soft drinks and the sound of light jazz played by Jimmie Highsmith's band helped set the tone for the evening's events. The banquet room's ambience was absolutely striking with the main chandeliers turned down low to allow the flicker and glow of the tea lights to work their magic in accentuating the dining table displays. The evening went perfectly thanks to the doting attentiveness of the hotel and banquet staff, especially Gail Allan (Senior Corporate Sales Manager), Halee Rockwell (Catering Sales Manager), and Becca Catalino (Banquet Lead). A special thanks also to Stacey (Front Desk Manager), Lorraine (Food and Beverage Director) and the rest of their staff for taking such good care of our FFCEP guests who stayed at the Radisson over the course of the 4-day program. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the other catered meals provided were delicious and well presented. Thank you for helping us make this special event a fond and memorable one. We look forward to working with you in the future!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan D
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thanks for all the great comments. Our staff really enjoyed working with your group. I will be sure to thank the entire team for the service they provided. Please come back and see us for your next event.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was hesitant to make a reservation here because the hotel is ranked very low on this site. However, it is the closest hotel to Rochester Institute of Technology and the price was very low, so I thought I'd take a chance (usually I stay at the nearby fancier Doubletree). Fortunately, I was very pleasantly surprised. While the property is older than many and isn't the most modern looking hotels, it was a great value for the money. The beds were quite comfortable, the hotel staff (particularly the cleaning people) very helpful and did a good job keeping everything clean and I loved the large refrigerator/freezer instead of the usual tiny mini-fridge that barely cools. All in all, I think more folks should consider the place--I'm glad I did.

Room Tip: room 348 was very nice--I have no idea if other rooms are this nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank planktonrules

Thank you for your positive comments. We have done much remodeling this past year to freshen things up. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Please come back and see us when your back in Rochester.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Came here one day sort of a zoo with people coming into college but clean room food was good front desk were very helpful and good location Sleep number bed didn't work but didn't bother me Would recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for your comments, I will be sure to have the housekeeping department check the beds when they clean the rooms. Please come back and see us on your next trip to Rochester.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Radisson hotels vary in their amenities. I would rate this one as about a 3-star property, which was just the right level for me in this location. Our family stayed in this hotel twice, both when we were visiting RIT. The location is directly next to the RIT campus and perfect for a campus visit. The rooms were clean, adequately sized, and fine for a standard chain hotel. This is not one of the luxurious Radissons that I might prefer if I were vacationing or on a romantic getaway. But if you are expecting just a normal hotel close to campus you will be very pleased. Our room had the standard (not sleep number) beds and they were very comfortable. Once when we visited we had a car and the other time we did not. One of the nicest features of the hotel is its free shuttle bus that will happly take you anywhere on campus that you need to go (it is a very large campus), and also will take you to the airport, eateries, and other nearby places during normal hours. It was really important to us when we did not have the car. Just understand that it is not a 24 service - our plane was delayed and arrived at around 11:30 pm after the shuttle stopped running, and it was about a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport. We ate breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. One time it was included in our rate and once it was not included. When it was not included, we considered it rather overpriced. When it was included we considered it delightful. The fresh waffles were delicious and the waitstaff pleasant. The front desk staff was also friendly and very helpful. I had a meeting on campus for which I needed an extra copy of a 25-page document. They made the copy for me without charge.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GeekyDCLady
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with the team. Please cone back and visit us!