“Reliable but Unremarkable”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
New Hampshire
“Reliable but Unremarkable”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed here many times for business travel and while there's nothing really bad about this place, there is nothing to make it noteworthy either. Service is good, folks are generally friendly but the hotel is looking tired and many staff members look like they are just going through the motions. Rooms are comfortable, beds are decent. They removed the air beds that used to occupy the hotel, which is too bad. They were far better than the standard type replacements in there now. For business travellers, it is fine for a few nights.

Room Tip: try to get the rooms out back if you want no disturbance. this place can get noisy with many busines...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
The hotel had completed a remodel just several months ago. In the rooms we have new lamps, art work, headboards, crown molding, wall treatments, bathroom counters, side chairs, sleeper sofas, coffee makers, trash cans, ice buckets and painted the ceilings and doors. The guest halls, lobby restaurant were also done during that time. Radisson Hotels as a brand are changing their beds. We have found that the majority of our guests prefer traditional beds. Thank you for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel is very old and worn out, in all ways. I stayed for 2 nights and it was unfortunately a pretty bad experience.

The fruit plate I got in room had stinky old melons in it. Simply disgusting.

There was a college party going on at my floor for the 2 days I was in, and students were leaving their doors open so they could go to each other's rooms, and in the morning the "party left-overs" were all over the carpet in the hall way (near elevator, 2nd floor).

Yes, no one was cleaning up, unfortunately, not my room either. I saw a note slipped under my door before noon saying if I don't put down "Do not disturb" sign before 3pm, I won't get room service (what ?!) So I put down the sign by 1pm, only to find my room was not cleaned at all when I returned at 7pm. I called the front desk and was told room service was over (What the ...) and they could bring towels. What's ironic is in the introduction booklet they falsely claimed there is a "turn-down service" for business class room.

There was also a lot of noises outside of my room very early in the morning, both days.

The bed was a Sleep Number One bed, big and comfortable, and only bright spot of this hotel. Shower works. Internet works. These give it one extra star amongst all other issues.

I do NOT recommend this hotel. I was wondering what people say when they give 5 stars to the hotel, so I looked up the reviews and noticed a lot of them had only 1 review... interesting...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank drpoints
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
I am very sorry that you experienced problems during your stay. The hotel had completed a remodel just several months ago. In the rooms we have new lamps, art work, headboards, crown molding, wall treatments, bathroom counters, side chairs, sleeper sofas, coffee makers, trash cans, ice buckets and painted the ceilings and doors. The guest halls were also done during that time. Please give me a call, I would like some more details of your stay so that we can be sure that I can address them with the correct staff members. We want all of our guests to have an enjoyable stay.
Frank Chikey
585-475-1910 ex 136
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have spent 3 weeks at this hotel. Everything has been very clean and accommodating. The staff is incredibly friendly from the front desk to the bar and dining area. They were always great about requests from room service to housekeeping to shuttling. Loved many evenings of chatting with Christy and MoeMoe at the bar. :) They all made the long trip much easier! I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you so much for spending 3 weeks with us. It's great to hear that the team takes such good care of our guests. The staff enjoys serving and meeting new guests and we want everyone to feel at home when they stay with us. Thanks again, Frank Chikey General Manager
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is the 4th year that we have held the event at this hotel. Our normal attendance is 120+, and additionally we have entertainment, we have never had any issues with space requirements. The food has always been well received by our guests and this year was no exception. The main hotel contact to book the event, Gail Allan, always pleasant and helpful. A big thank you to Lorraine and her Staff for the excellent service and attention to detail. This is one of our main events of any year, and our members and guests have always commented favorably about the location, facilities, quality of food and Staff. Thank You.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with the team. We appreciate that your group provides entertainment for our other guests. We love the Scottish music ! Please come back and see us again. Thanks again. Frank Chikey General Manager.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here for 7 days/6 nights while attending an RIT event. It was a nice walk right to the campus - super convenient. While this is not a high-end luxury hotel, the rooms were clean, the food was good, and the front desk staff was efficient and helpful, and banquet staff was great! Our group ate all breakfasts & dinners at the hotel, and the service was friendly, efficient and fun - especially Christy, Barb and Jen - they quickly recognized our group's preferences and provided excellent service with a smile. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The elevator end of the hall seemed more noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your positive comments on your stay, I will be sure to share your comments with the team and the staff that provided the friendle efficient service. Please come back and see us again!
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed over a Saturday and Sunday night while visiting RIT with our daughter. The location can't be beat, and we even walked over to campus on our first day. Although the rooms were clean, our room location was a bit noisy. We were directly across from an ice machine, and there seemed to be young hockey players running up and down the hallways. The hotel appears to be aging a bit, and although the banquet facilities seemed very well used, the on-site restaurant was mostly empty for the duration of our stay. On RIT's website, they mention to call the hotel directly for special deals for those visiting RIT, but the operator we got just offered us the same deal that the hotel's website had online.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
I am sorry that the hockey teams were running in the halls. We are right on the campus which makes it easy for guests to get over to RIT. Please come back and see us when your back in Rochester.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel was super clean and is located in a quite area. It is location is close to the airport, downtown Rochester and other major attractions. I was there for a weekend gateway with a friend and was impressed by the exceptional customer accommodation. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I need to extend my checkout time due to flight delay and the staff were willing to extend my checkout time at no cost. I plan to stay the hotel on my next Rochester visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Durango13
Thank you for your positive comments. We agree, we feel that we are underrated. Too often we only hear and read the negative comments. Please come back and see when your in Rochester. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!