“Good place to stay”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Guelph, Canada
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Nice place, clean and nice staff. Alright area as far as restaurants/bars but on a busy road so not the nicest to walk around. Go see MoeMoe the bartender, she makes a mean rustynail! Thanks for taking such good care of us MoeMoe!! I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed March 2014
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments. I will be sure to thank Moe Moe for the service she provided.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014

VP Supply holds this event in a different city across New York every year. This year we decided to hold it in our backyard - our main branch and corporate offices are in Rochester, NY. The facility was clean, the food was great, and the staff was excellent. Everyone went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed. Thank you to all of them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
It was a pleasure to have the VP Supply 2014 AD Summit at our hotel. Thank you for your positive comments, I will be sure to share them with the team. Please come back and see us again.
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was cold. I was tired. Barb and Moe at the bar greeted me with a smile, recommended a good local beer, and brought me a tasty reuben sandwich with decent fries and a really good pickle. Great service, good food, decent price. What's not to like?

The rooms were okay (could use more sound isolation) and the workout room was above average. Extremely convenient to both the airport and RIT. I will be back to RIT in a few months and will likely choose the Radisson again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the positive comments about the staff, I will be sure to thank them for the service they provided. Please come back and see up on your next trip.
New Hampshire
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed here many times for business travel and while there's nothing really bad about this place, there is nothing to make it noteworthy either. Service is good, folks are generally friendly but the hotel is looking tired and many staff members look like they are just going through the motions. Rooms are comfortable, beds are decent. They removed the air beds that used to occupy the hotel, which is too bad. They were far better than the standard type replacements in there now. For business travellers, it is fine for a few nights.

Room Tip: try to get the rooms out back if you want no disturbance. this place can get noisy with many busines...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
The hotel had completed a remodel just several months ago. In the rooms we have new lamps, art work, headboards, crown molding, wall treatments, bathroom counters, side chairs, sleeper sofas, coffee makers, trash cans, ice buckets and painted the ceilings and doors. The guest halls, lobby restaurant were also done during that time. Radisson Hotels as a brand are changing their beds. We have found that the majority of our guests prefer traditional beds. Thank you for your comments.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel is very old and worn out, in all ways. I stayed for 2 nights and it was unfortunately a pretty bad experience.

The fruit plate I got in room had stinky old melons in it. Simply disgusting.

There was a college party going on at my floor for the 2 days I was in, and students were leaving their doors open so they could go to each other's rooms, and in the morning the "party left-overs" were all over the carpet in the hall way (near elevator, 2nd floor).

Yes, no one was cleaning up, unfortunately, not my room either. I saw a note slipped under my door before noon saying if I don't put down "Do not disturb" sign before 3pm, I won't get room service (what ?!) So I put down the sign by 1pm, only to find my room was not cleaned at all when I returned at 7pm. I called the front desk and was told room service was over (What the ...) and they could bring towels. What's ironic is in the introduction booklet they falsely claimed there is a "turn-down service" for business class room.

There was also a lot of noises outside of my room very early in the morning, both days.

The bed was a Sleep Number One bed, big and comfortable, and only bright spot of this hotel. Shower works. Internet works. These give it one extra star amongst all other issues.

I do NOT recommend this hotel. I was wondering what people say when they give 5 stars to the hotel, so I looked up the reviews and noticed a lot of them had only 1 review... interesting...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank drpoints
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
I am very sorry that you experienced problems during your stay. The hotel had completed a remodel just several months ago. In the rooms we have new lamps, art work, headboards, crown molding, wall treatments, bathroom counters, side chairs, sleeper sofas, coffee makers, trash cans, ice buckets and painted the ceilings and doors. The guest halls were also done during that time. Please give me a call, I would like some more details of your stay so that we can be sure that I can address them with the correct staff members. We want all of our guests to have an enjoyable stay.
Frank Chikey
585-475-1910 ex 136
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have spent 3 weeks at this hotel. Everything has been very clean and accommodating. The staff is incredibly friendly from the front desk to the bar and dining area. They were always great about requests from room service to housekeeping to shuttling. Loved many evenings of chatting with Christy and MoeMoe at the bar. :) They all made the long trip much easier! I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you so much for spending 3 weeks with us. It's great to hear that the team takes such good care of our guests. The staff enjoys serving and meeting new guests and we want everyone to feel at home when they stay with us. Thanks again, Frank Chikey General Manager
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is the 4th year that we have held the event at this hotel. Our normal attendance is 120+, and additionally we have entertainment, we have never had any issues with space requirements. The food has always been well received by our guests and this year was no exception. The main hotel contact to book the event, Gail Allan, always pleasant and helpful. A big thank you to Lorraine and her Staff for the excellent service and attention to detail. This is one of our main events of any year, and our members and guests have always commented favorably about the location, facilities, quality of food and Staff. Thank You.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with the team. We appreciate that your group provides entertainment for our other guests. We love the Scottish music ! Please come back and see us again. Thanks again. Frank Chikey General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!