“Nothing impressive.”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Attended RIT's Accepted Student's Open House 4/5/2014, stayed for 2 nights. The hotel seems tired and dreary. Staff not very friendly and the rooms is dated and dirty. My daughter has decided to attend RIT this fall and we will be going back and forth to Rochester but I don't think I would stay at this hotel ever again. The only good thing is it's proximity to RIT. Don't recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
htlmgr175, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

The hotel had completed a remodel just last year. In the rooms we have new lamps, art work, headboards, crown molding, wall treatments, bathroom counters, side chairs, sleeper sofas, coffee makers, trash cans, ice buckets and painted the ceilings and doors. The guest halls, lobby restaurant were also done during that time. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Was involved in a two day conference at the RIT university and stayed here on the recommendation of the organizers. In fact, several presenters and attendees of this conference stayed here as well. I really enjoyed my stay here as it was comfortable plus the updates were noticeable. However despite their best efforts this building is showing its age. My only concern is that there are several potholes in the front parking lot that visitors to this hotel need to be aware of as well.

From what I understand hotel staff deal with many international clients as well as airline crews staying overnight. Their conference rooms appear to made good use of as well. I can understand these things told to me as all of the hotel staff were both friendly plus willing to engage in small talk.

Special congratulations also goes to Christy of Baxter's as she went above & beyond the call of duty from a customers service point of view, She let me sit in the dining room several minutes before they were open plus made sure that my dining needs were being met. For a wait staff member she made a lot of small talk with me regarding varied topics but this did not effect her abilities to do her job with others, etc. My tip was good to reflect her eye to detail regarding her job here! Keep up the good work here Christy.

Overall a very nice stay here for an older hotel.

Room Tip: Close to RIT university.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank b0b55russell
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. Sorry that we had the pot holes during your stay. The pavement companies opened in this area at the end of April and had a back-log of work due to the harsh winter. We have had them all fixed.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

While the hotel was clean....that is about the only good thing I can offer in this review. The "Sleep Number" beds clearly need to be replaced as both my husband and I were left with sore backs. Our group decided to have lunch there which followed with a horrid chain of events....there was no seating for 9 so they offered us a conference room, waitress couldn't seem to handle more than one person ordering. After ordering (mostly burgers) we were told they were "out of buns" and our burgers were then given on bread (not even toasted!) Several people in our party had a chicken which was more like a hockey puck and when my husband approached them....their offer was only 10% off the bill!! He then displayed his dissatisfaction and was ultimately given 50% off the entire bill. Room service came FAR too early in the morning, we hadn't even showered yet. Heater ran constantly in the room throughout the night, along with the toilet. Very dissatisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Also, we are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, including the faulty heater and toilet. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I would just like to thank Frank Chikey, General Manager and Kathy Craig, Director of Sales at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport in Rochester, NY. They both went above and beyond with great customer service for a meeting for the American Red Cross at their hotel. If you ever want to have a meeting at a hotel and have your staff stay there too...then do not hesitate to call this hotel. You will not be disappointed. Thanks again Frank and Kathy!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for having your American Red Cross event at the Radisson Hotel. Your company has been a great customer for many years. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and thank them for the service they provided. Please come back and see us for your next function. We would love to host your meeting again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel while in Rochester visiting the Strong Museum of Play. It was perfect place to stay after a busy day at the museum . My daughter and her family including two small children stayed in adjoining rooms to my husband and self.It was a perfect set-up. The rooms were a good size and comfortable for all. The only issue we all had was the fans on the heating system were really loud and quite annoying during the night. We decided to order from the in-house restaurant and eat in our rooms as after a busy day it was the easiest to do. The food was very good and did not take long at all . the one drawback to our ordering from the server at the bar was she was less than friendly...not a happy person at all. The rest of the staff were great and hotel location convenient to shopping the next day.The pool was greatly enjoyed by my grandson !

Room Tip: Always choose a room away from the elevators !
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. I will be sure to share your comments with the Food & Beverage Manager about the service you experienced in the bar. We do receive many positive comments about the staff I am sorry you experienced a problem during your stay.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed there for an event that was at RIT. The location was convenient. The hotel is older but updated and clean. The woman at front desk was friendly and accommodating. We went to the bar, which was a disappointment. I ordered a glass of wine from a barmaid that was quite in attentive. The glass of wine was $7, for a tiny half filled glass. This isn't a 5 star hotel to be charging those prices. Would I stay here again....eh....I don't know.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments, I will be sure to share them with our team. Please come back and see us when you are back in town. Contact me when you return and we will buy you a glass of wine! Frank Chikey, General Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Nice place, clean and nice staff. Alright area as far as restaurants/bars but on a busy road so not the nicest to walk around. Go see MoeMoe the bartender, she makes a mean rustynail! Thanks for taking such good care of us MoeMoe!! I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments. I will be sure to thank Moe Moe for the service she provided.