“Very peaceful”

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester, New York
“Very peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

I often have trouble sleeping at hotels. But my room was so peaceful and quiet I slept great. The sleep number beds are a great addition.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

This is near lots of other chain hotels among the shopping centers south of Rochester but in the least convenient location. It seems like something out of the 70's with old equipment and odd features. The rooms are fine but everything is old (I appreciate the fridge but not the desk chair that is much too low). This is at the outer edge of an area of free breakfasts in modern and updated hotels - it's okay. Heating and cooling are done well and the walls are thick enough. Locals calls are expensive and there are no free newspapers. It's not really an airport hotel - it is on the campus of RIT.The much-hyped "Sleep Number" bed didn't work at all - it was hard as a rock. The control was deadand the desk didn't really care about it either. The room was non-smoking but smelled as if it had been deodorized after a smoker had been caught. But there is free parking and free internet and the value is excellent on Hotwire or Priceline. I'd stay there again but it is time for serious renovations and changes in attitude for it to survive and thrive. The hotel gives a card that says to write a review on Tripadvisor. So here it is.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
moon river
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

Radisson, which is a very respected hotel brand, should NOT rent out this room. Here's the problem. It's directly across from the WORLD NOISIEST ELEVATOR. While I'm sure the other rooms in the hotel are fine, if you are in 201 all through the night you will hear loud noise from the elevator with additional loud dinging bell noises as the elevator stops at 2nd floor. the Hotel couldn't move me to another room as they were fully booked. I challenge the manager of the hotel to sleep in this room on a busy sat night and actually get a nights sleep. I was a very unhappy camper. Actually, I would have gotten a better nights sleep if I was camping. I'm really surprised that the radisson can rent out this room in with a clear conscience.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MoonRiverRoundhead
Hamilton, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

I stayed at this hotel for its proximity to the airport. Generally speaking, I found the hotel to be comfortable, convieniently located, and a good deal for the price I paid on Priceline. The showers had very poor water pressure, but generally the rooms were fine.

However, I do have one major issue, and that is that I never received my wakeup call. And given that this is an airport hotel, it seems rather important that a hotel be able to deliver a wakeup call. Thankfully, I set the room alarm as well so I woke up on time, but I consider this a major issue. I find it especially unacceptable since the front desk seemed to blame me for the call not coming when I mentioned it to them out of courtesy (assuming something was wrong with their system).

However, if you can put up with poor water pressure, and assume they fix their wake up system, this would be a good deal.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank rrakoczy
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2010

This is listed as an airport hotel and seems to be favored by flight crews but I heard no air traffic.

As I was traveling for business this was in a convenient location, near restraunts, supermarket ect.

Rooms

Coffemaker that you can make your own coffee in
Complimntry refrigerator
complimentry wifi
Free WSJ

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Radisson. The hotel staff was very friendly especially Joann and Stacy at the front desk. They were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Putnam, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

We booked the Radisson airport hotel in Rochester, NY. The Air/Heating system in the room was extremely noisy. Also, there were people (not all guests) having a social event in the hallway next to our room all through the night. When I called the front desk to complain they said they would send someone. The noise continued. When I complained again during check out the next morning, the clerk told me that it was a local hockey team and that all they could do is ask them to be courteous. If they don't listen there is nothing else they could do. My wife and I were up all night and had a 6 hour drive back home.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!