“Wonderful”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
farmington, ny
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at this hotel and can not express how great everything was- from the service at checkin & checkout to the ceremony and reception, they thought of everything and made me and my guests feel so comfortable and welcome. They made our day so very special, i would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I recently had the privilege to stay at this hotel on a businesses trip. I found this hotel to be one of the best places I stayed in a long time. The housekeeping staff treated me as if I were family and my room was very clean! They always asked if I needed anything and how my stay is! I can't say enough I had a great stay! THANKS TWO THUMBS UP!

• Stayed June 2010
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2010

i recently had my wedding at this hotel around 95 people i could not tell you how special the sales staff and all the employees in the hotel treated me, i could not imagine have ever gotten married anywhere else the hotel went above and beyond anything i had ever dreamed. rooms were all ready for the early arriving guests , food was great my entire family raved about what a great time they had...thank you

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I booked this trip for a great price through Priceline, and felt that it was a good deal for me, and for the hotel since it was nearly empty for the first 3 days of my trip.
Service at check-in was excellent and service throughout the stay was excellent as well. Maintenance staff, and Housekeeping staff were friendly and accomodating. The room was a bit small, but the bed was very comfortable. The Microfridge unit as standard equipment is a nice touch.
When checking out(very early in the morning), I spoke with the front desk staff on duty after interrupting his nap by ringing a bell placed on the counter with a crude handwritten note asking me to ring for service. He asked how my stay was, and I gave a few comments, both positive and negative. At this point, he was processing the checkout, and he informed me that it didnt matter because I was not a customer of the hotel, but was a customer of Priceline. He said that my comments should be directed to Priceline, and that he was only interested in comments from customers of the hotel. I asked for a receipt for incidental charrges, and he said that he would not provide a receipt, as I was not a customer of the hotel. I explained tha the incidental charges were not a priceline process and were even on a separate credit card, but he said that he would no longer "argue" with me, and once again told me that I would have to call priceline. I was so shocked that I had just left to catch my flight.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank toopier
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I often have trouble sleeping at hotels. But my room was so peaceful and quiet I slept great. The sleep number beds are a great addition.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2010

This is near lots of other chain hotels among the shopping centers south of Rochester but in the least convenient location. It seems like something out of the 70's with old equipment and odd features. The rooms are fine but everything is old (I appreciate the fridge but not the desk chair that is much too low). This is at the outer edge of an area of free breakfasts in modern and updated hotels - it's okay. Heating and cooling are done well and the walls are thick enough. Locals calls are expensive and there are no free newspapers. It's not really an airport hotel - it is on the campus of RIT.The much-hyped "Sleep Number" bed didn't work at all - it was hard as a rock. The control was deadand the desk didn't really care about it either. The room was non-smoking but smelled as if it had been deodorized after a smoker had been caught. But there is free parking and free internet and the value is excellent on Hotwire or Priceline. I'd stay there again but it is time for serious renovations and changes in attitude for it to survive and thrive. The hotel gives a card that says to write a review on Tripadvisor. So here it is.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
moon river
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Radisson, which is a very respected hotel brand, should NOT rent out this room. Here's the problem. It's directly across from the WORLD NOISIEST ELEVATOR. While I'm sure the other rooms in the hotel are fine, if you are in 201 all through the night you will hear loud noise from the elevator with additional loud dinging bell noises as the elevator stops at 2nd floor. the Hotel couldn't move me to another room as they were fully booked. I challenge the manager of the hotel to sleep in this room on a busy sat night and actually get a nights sleep. I was a very unhappy camper. Actually, I would have gotten a better nights sleep if I was camping. I'm really surprised that the radisson can rent out this room in with a clear conscience.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MoonRiverRoundhead
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!