“Wonderful staff! They go out of the way to help.”

Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Columbia
“Wonderful staff! They go out of the way to help.”
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I booked the room through a different website and had problems due to the big snow storm in Atlanta. Stacy at the Radisson was so nice and changed the reservation. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport. It was too cold (-4) to walk over to the mall the second night, so Cali, another employee, graciously gave me a ride in the shuttle. The staff has gone over and beyond the call of duty.

I will be coming back to Rochester and I will definitely stay at the Radisson.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with my team!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 November 2010

We were given a room next to the housekeeping room on the first floor. Not sure why - I made that reservation 2 months in advance. Sure enough, each morning at 6:30, laughing, metal clanging, social chit-chat and that lasted all day long. I complained at the front desk, to which they replied - ''Well, I'm sure the noise didn't start that early." ? Whatever. I need to stay there due to my child going to RIT, but if I had another choice as close and convenient, I'd do it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
I am sorry you experienced noise during your stay and received a room by the elevator. On future stays please feel free to request another room if the one you receive is not to your satisfaction.
dayton, oh
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Got a bargain rate on Priceline--$55/night. I was a little worried that a hotel that would give me a rate that low might not be up to par. I was wrong. The whole place was spotless. The service was excellent. Great location. Sleep number beds would have been great had I know what my Sleep Number was--I made it too soft the first night and killed my back. Plus, being right next to RIT I had a perfect place to take my morning run...the campus is about 3 miles around.

All in all, an excellent stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to share them with my team.
Rochester NY
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I actually live in Rochester but a large group of us stayed at the Radisson after an event right up the street which ran late and involved alcohol.

All of our party were very pleased with this hotel, the lobby is bright and cheery, the rooms are clean and well-appointed. Yes it does take a few minutes to figure out the "sleep numbers" mattress adjustment system, but once you get it sorted out, the bed is very comfortable. Staff are very friendly and helpful. There's a shuttle to the airport, just let them know when you need it. Breakfast in the restaurant was tasty and piping hot.

A number of older reviews say that there's nothing around, this is just not true.... there's a huge shopping mall about half a mile away, along with many restaurants..... and two years ago there was a new and very nice commercial complex added----just the other side of the condos next door is Park Point, which contains a big Barnes & Noble and several restaurants/pubs (be sure to check out Lovin' Cup, a bistro with AMAZING food!).

I would (and will) definitely recommend this place, I already book it for all my out-of-town guests.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time for your positive comments. There is a lot to do and see a short distance from the hotel. Too often we only hear when something went wrong. We serve several thousand guests a month that enjoy there stay such as yourself. Again thank you.
Palermo
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Decent hotel in the middle of nowhere. Suitable for RIT visitors (the hotel is at the entrance of the RIT Campus and offer a complimentary shuttle service).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Venti_caratteruzzi
Thank you for staying with us while visiting RIT. There many things very close to the hotel. A brand new retail center right next door and a huge mall about 1 mile down the road with about 15 restaurants all within a mile or so. Please ask the frond desk and the can assist you in finding things to do during your stay.
Boston
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Bought this hotel on Priceline.

It has been several months and they still do not have a proper exercise room.

Also they have replaced the coffee makers which you could you use your own coffee with a one cup mode,

Finally the showers and air conditioners need to be updated

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
htlmgr175, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport, responded to this review, 20 September 2010
Thank you for your comments. The remodeling is done on the pool area and the fitness center will also be done soon. We are in the process of changing out the shower heads to a better product for our guests.
FL
Reviewed 3 August 2010

It says it's the "Radisson Airport" it is NOT at the airport. The room smelled of mold and mildew. Pillows and duvet actually smelled sweaty. I requested new ones, I don't think I got them. If I did the new ones were no better. The drain in the bathtub was consistently slow, I requested maintenance three time, they never took care of it. One afternoon, I came back, the room had been made up, but someone had clearly been lounging on the bed up against the pillows. And in the MIDDLE of summer, the pool was CLOSED for maintenance. They can't do that in the fall or spring??

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
I am sorry the pool was closed during your visit. The project is done and the pool is now open. From your comments we did find a small leak that caused the off smell, it has also been corrected. Thank you for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta

Been to Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!