“Nice Choice in the Rochester Area”

Rochester Airport Marriott
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Sherman Oaks, CA
“Nice Choice in the Rochester Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have stayed here twice now, and I have to say I really like this hotel. It seems to be new-ish and very nicely decorated and furnished. The service has been great from everyone I encountered. I was on the concierge floor (6th and 7th floor) on my second stay (nice upgrade as a lowly MR silver). These rooms have really nice robes, a great bed, and good layout. They also provide access to the executive lounge on the 7th floor. The lounge is not large, but the breakfast was pretty extensive for a lounge – a selection of hot food as well as pastries and bagels and coffee good. I also used the computer (guy said it was brand new that day) to print my boarding passes.

At night I took advantage of the great bar/lounge on the ground floor. The food was great (I had an impressive Marriott burger), as was the selection of beers on tap. I was happy and surprised to see McSorley’s on tap. The place is sort of set up alike a big living room with various seating areas and TVs. Our small group hung out until late enjoying the place.

This is a very nice choice in the Rochester airport area. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

This is a very basic Marriott in a suburban part of Rochester. Do not expect anything fancy and this will likely meet your needs. The vast majority of the staff more than compensates for this - they are very courteous and helpful. Overall, a very good base for business in ROC.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EpiTheConsultant
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

hotel was located in a nice area with malls and restaurants. hotel bar was nice and pool and sauna ok also staff was courteous very nice property

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank firstdivision
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

This hotel is actually not by the airport but due to the free shuttle they are called an airport hotel. It is actually located on Ridge Road in Greece. It's a busy road that is always under construction. The hotel was recently remodeled and the comfort is great. The food is wonderful and the bar is trendy.

• Stayed December 2010
Columbia SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

After trying a few other hotels in the Rochester area while visiting on business, I decided to give the Marriott a try this time. The end result? An excellent stay that convinced me that I'll stay here again the next time I'm in the ROC area.

I had a very welcoming check-in with friendly, efficient staff at the front desk (it turns out that I'm not the only Lou Holtz fan out there -- who knew?), and I had a great room on the concierge floor. The closet had a comfortable Marriott robe hanging in it -- didn't expect that from Marriott! Nice. It came in handy, as I immediately put it on and attacked some business work on my laptop. The bathroom and room itself were spotless. I didn't eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on the quality of the restaurant and/or room service. For those who prefer something other than hotel food but don't want to wander too far, the hotel is across the street from an Outback and a Longhorn Steakhouse. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport, but I saw that there is a free shuttle available. (I didn't use the shuttle - had a rental car.)

When I checked out, the front desk staff helped me with a box of brochures I needed to ship back to work via Fed Ex and went the extra mile with a smile -- found a better box for the shipment, promised to tape it up and schedule the pickup for me, etc. I tried to tip the front desk staffer who was doing all the work, but she refused the money, said she was happy to help, and thanked me for choosing the Marriott for my stay. Now that's quality customer service!

In previous visits, I had tried the Hyatt downtown and the Hampton Inn right by this Marriott, off Ridge Rd. The Hampton was just OK, and the Hyatt has always felt soulless to me -- dark, dated, stodgy, etc. As a result, I always left there feeling a little beat down by the road. But the Marriott and its good staff kept me upbeat and ready to rock it out on the job. I'll be back. Thanks, Marriott!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank GamecockGirl
Clay, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Stayed here before my honeymoon trip to Jamaica and before a vacation. Clean well decorated rooms flat screen.tv big windows. Easy breakfast including yohgurt danishes sandwhiches that u can warm up. Pool hot tub and a small store for snacks. Coffee and water always available and a free paper. Nice service by all when we've been there. Could be a little cheaper but would stay there again.and again as its a hop skip and a jump to all the gates. No cab required you just walk across the road and you are there!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank xomissmelxo
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

This is a good hotel to stay in for business. The rooms (on the sixth floor) was large with a good size bathroom and a king size bed. Room had free wireless internet connection. It was quiet.

Can't comment on food or fitness centre as I didn't use these.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business