“Another good visit”

Rochester Airport Marriott
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I just stayed there again (Nov. 2012), and I was very pleased with this visit, too. (I had reviewed the hotel a year ago on Tripadvisor.com.)

The room was large, clean, quiet and well appointed (comfortable bed, free Internet access, large desk, refrigerator). All the decor was pretty standard Marriott -- but I'm OK with that. It's tasteful and modern.

I ordered room service (unsweetened iced tea and a salad) and was impressed that the manager was the employee who took my order on the phone and delivered it to me. (I really appreciate him asking me if I prefer freshly brewed iced tea or fountain iced tea, as I am not a fan of fountain iced tea. It's the little details that mean a lot to customers!) The salad was very good (no iceberg lettuce, fresh veggies, etc.), too. Thank you!

I met a colleague in the restaurant. We just ate breakfast fare (omelet, hash browns, toast), and it was good -- not very creative or exciting, but good basic breakfast food.

I plan to stay there at the Marriott again when in ROC.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Love this place but why they keep dumbing down the menu every few months is beyond me. poor choices now which encourage me to eat out. Black star for bringing back water bottles in the lounge one a day myroom was enough as they have a filtered water available. It was a true green change. Poo to all those that complained, if you can afford the concierge level buy your own bottled water. Take the plastic away again

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012

August 2012 I had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott Rochester in Greece, when business required us to be in the area. The hotel is located near the freeway in Greece, NY. I was a bit wary of staying at this property because it is a bit North of downtown ROC and not near both Kodak and Xerox. On this trip to the ROC area, I had flown three separate flights from the West coast and drove up from Ithaca, NY. It was a hot day in August.

Check-in was prompt, effecient and welcoming. My room was on a higher floor. The property was busy because several events includinga wedding.

My room was very comfortable and standard Marriott decor. My room was quiet and I did not hear any of the nearby freeway noise or event noise within the property. . The bed was ultra comfortable and had Marriott’s Revive bedding. Both feather and foam pillows were available. Lighting in the room was very good with lamps on both sides of the bed, on the desk, and a floor lamp. The work desk was about standard and the retro office-style chair functional and comfortable. My room had a arm chair.

The LCD flat screen TV was had a lot of cable channels as well as a wide selection of pay-per-view movies. I High-speed Internet service worked fine.

The bathroom was clean. Lighting was good, the towels were plentiful, and the shower worked well – immediate hot water with plenty of pressure. Bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and mouthwash.

The cleaning crew did a great job during my job.

The hotel public areas were clean and well-kept, and were busy due to guests and folks conducting business in the property. .

There are many restaurants within a few minutes of the hotel. I had breakfast within the property and service was very good. I also ate across the road at Longhorn Steakhouse. Just down the street, a quick drive to Rite Aid as well as a bit further to Wegmanns market.

I found the people in Rochester very friendly and helpful. More friendly than Ithaca, NY and ten times better than Manhattan (no suprise).

On this trip, I also stayed in downtown ROC at the Hyatt. For the price and accommodations, the Marriott is a better deal and the drive to downtown is quick.

If in the ROC area, and if you can get a good rate, i recommend checking out this property.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank SeminarTrekker
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Just checked in 10/02/12.

Here's the deal. I along with a lot of business travelers spend a ton of money with one hotel chain or the other in hopes of obtaining elite status to receive perks, i.e. free WiFi, breakfast, room upgrades, etc.

At Marriott, Platinum status is the highest and requires a minimum night stay of 75 nights. A lot, right?

So, when a Marriott branded hotel and the front desk fails to acknowledge this or give any of the extra amenities, it can be offputting to want to spend even more at that hotel chain you've already spent well over 10k with.

What's worse is when you ask the frontdesk staff for an upgraded room or to be on a high floor and they not only ignore you, they become rude that you even asked. A supervisor made the comment that he has 30-60 (which is an awful large range) of Platinum members staying in the hotel each night and therefore the status wasn't that special. Really?

Look, I am not asking for extras outside the Platinum program and their website was still selling upgraded rooms after I checked in.

In would be great if Marriott and the front desk could acknowledge the customer loyalty and try to provide a free breakfast if the room can't be upgraded or at least have some customer service rather than to get rude because we're hoping for the extras that are part of the program.

Hotel itself is a little worn and rooms are nothing special. Save money and stay at the Courtyard or Residence Inn, they tend to really appreciate and reward loyalty their. If tired of Marriott as I am today, check out the Garden Inn by Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank bnntt
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nicely remodeled with higher end finishes. Room was clean, modern, and spacious. Overall an above average property compared to other full service marriotts! Highly recommended from a platinum member.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This hotel has clean rooms, an attentive staff, and a great bar. Having just left a horrible hotel experience in Toronto, it was great to come to a hotel that practices hospitality. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff all were interested in creating a "client for life". Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel as a result of a business trip. I chose it based on the assumption that it was right by the airport. This was not the case. The hotel is a 10 minute drive from the Airport. Luckily, they have a great free shuttle service that's brings you to and from the airport.

Friendly staff and nice clean rooms. The only issue I had with my room was the toilet. It wasn't flushing properly. Other than that, it was a nice comfy and cozy room. Loved the soft linens and fluffy pillows. The indoor pool area was a plus.

• Stayed: September 2012