“Good Business Hotel in Rochester”

Rochester Airport Marriott
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Good Business Hotel in Rochester”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The Hotel is bit far from the airport ( 7 miles) but lives up to the high standard of Marriot. It's also ideally located with minutes away from restaurants (Longhorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden) and shopping.

Room, gym and club lounge are all well kept and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall a delightful experience in Rochester.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and great experience! John at the desk was a delight and very professional. Nice to stay at a location that is Marriott standards. The review is requiring more words- I said everything! Good room service

• Stayed June 2013
Longmeadow, MA
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have not stayed in a Marriott in a very long time, so I have no idea if this one is representative. I do hope it it. We had a lovely time here over the past weekend, June 21 to June 23. We travelled by car 5 hours to be at a wedding for my cousin's son. On arrival, the check in staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean, well appointed, big, and comfortable, with a small refrigerator and a safe. Charging for WiFi is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. Wifi is free at this Marriott, and the computer set up in the room is a pleasure: large desk, easy plug access, easy WiFi sign in. From the point of checkin to checkout, the experience just kept getting better. Every single employee was friendly and helpful, above and beyond. We ate in the restaurant twice, and the food was very good and very reasonable in price. The Wedding reception was held in the hotel, and they did a very fine job of delivering a banquet meal. I have only 2 very minor suggestions: the bathrooms don't have exhaust fans, and the tubs don't have any anti-slip surface to stand on. I hope this Marriott reads this review so they can think about making those improvements.
There was a well appointed workout room, and a nice indoor pool. The lobby was big and friendly, the kind of place you enjoy hanging out in. I watched the Bruins game in the bar, which was inviting, quiet as bars go, and well appointed with large TV's.
I would surely stay here again.

Room Tip: You can face the highway or you can face the back. As far as I can tell, neither is preferred as fa...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is my favorite place to stay when traveling to Rochester on business. The hotel is always excellent in service, quality and room service. They go above and beyond to provide high quality service. I don't believe it should be called the Marriott Rochester Airport as it is about 10 minutes from the airport and about 6 minutes. The room service food is always great quality even when I arrive late in the evening. Rooms are always very comfortable and extremely clean.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2013

all travelers experience the lost luggage nightmare... traveling in clothing for comfort not work I had a 8a meeting the next day... when you are the facilitator there is a standard of clothing... the bellguy Jack and I made a walmart run at midnight... the fact that the hotel made sure I was dressed for the meeting earns them 5 stars... but a warning... if the slacks you purchase cost 12.95 then they are not the best quality... the fabric created an extream heat index and the pants began to grow.... by the end of the day the pants went from a 36/32 to a 44/40... on of the attendees said they looked like MC Hammer pants... so ... when my luggage arrived I folded and walked away from the 12.95 pants/// thanks Marriott

Room Tip: all rooms a great clean and quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Holland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This Marriott meets all the high quality standards we find with this chain. I think the name is somewhat misleading as it's about 7 miles from the airport. The staff, restaurant and room were all very nice. I guess it's what we expect at a Marriott and we for sure were not disappointed. If we're in Rochester again we'll for sure stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Very convenient location for my trip. The rooms were pretty standard but very clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and greeted me every time I walked past them. They even took the time to ask how the event I was in town for went.

I attended a banquet in the hotel, this was my only disappointment, the steak they served was so well done it could have been a hockey puck. When I asked for one a little less cooked I was told that is how they are prepared. So I pretty much did not get a meal that night. I must add however that the dessert they served was the best apple pie I have had in a very long time!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends