“Reservation fiasco”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
canada
“Reservation fiasco”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is very nice and I would only hesitate returning because of the reservation policy. When I reserved on-line, I could only get confirmation that I could have "one king or 2 double" beds. Since we were 2 male golfers, I wanted 2 doubles. I phoned the central reservation center, and they said I could not get a guarantee of 2 beds, but that it should not be a problem when I checked in. But when we arrived, the hotel was very busy, and only a room with a king bed was available. And they were even out of roll-aways, so we had to use an air mattress! This is not the service I expect from the Marriott. And we were not given any apologies or explanation for this annoying policy. Very disapointing.

Room Tip: They say you should fill out the part that asks if you have any special preferences, so do so if you...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank johnacanada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Not really close to the airport. About a 10minute drive to the airport. There is a Fairfield hotel right next to the airport. Overall hotel was very nice. Friendly staff and very clean rooms. Did not get a chance to try bar or food service but both looked good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mountainboymj
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a standard Marriott Hotel; not downtown but somewhat near the airport. It is clean and has the normal accoutrements, but it still seems a bit worn. The elite lounge is closed on weekends and the breakfast service is only fair. Rooms are average sized. As usual, excellent plugs near the desk. Rooms have a refrigerator which is helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Amy E, Guest Relations Manager at Rochester Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Rochester Marriott. We are delighted to announce that we will be renovating our guestrooms in the very near future.

In July, we are scheduled to be renovating our Concierge/Elite Lounge and Fitness Center.

Our goal is to ensure you have as exceptional experience on your next visit to the Rochester Marriott Airport Hotel.
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights on business trip and was pleased. Easy 15-20 drive from airport, quiet clean room, pleasant staff. Pluses = free parking, window in room actually opens, at one end of a walkable residential area so you can actually get outside & find the Chinese place a mile away.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Rochester Airport for one night in April 2014. The property is not actually that close to the airport and is about 10-15 minutes by car.

The hotel itself is nice and the staff is pleasant. This is Rochester and there is not a great selection of hotels to choose from. I ate a few times in the café, and the food was good but nothing special.

I got a very good group rate so the hotel was a very good value

Overall, if you need to stay in Rochester, this is a good option.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank berm100
Ontario
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I loved this hotel! I do like Marriott's to begin with but was plesently surprised at how clean/updated this hotel was. I booked this hotel on Good Friday, and it wasn't busy, our family had the pool to ourselves, and it was spotless! And I am a very picky poerson who can't stand even the odd stray hair! This room was super clean, not once did I feel like my little ones shouldn't be on the floor or bedding. It was probably the best pool facility I have been to that wasn't a resort. Also our rate included breakfast at the restaurant on site, it also was quite and the staff were super friendly and so good to our little kids! I loved the made to order waffles and the buffet was well stocked and fresh. Plenty of options for all of us. The check-in was easy and efficient. She explained to us all of the particulars to our stay and what was included. I would definately stay here again, and would recommend it to others......

Room Tip: We stayed in 418 and I found it extremely quite
Green Features: Only recycling at the entrance, but at least they had one.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Stowe, Vermont
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here for business reasons (MR Platinum member). The hotel is more or less OK. My room had a funky smell. I could not really figure out why? This hotel appears to be used almost exclusively by business travelers.

This is a suburban hotel in what looks to be a pretty safe area. That said, I left my Garmin in the rental car. I know: bad move on my part. I hid the device as I do everywhere I go. My car was parked in a well lit part of the lot. There are no cameras around this hotel (or so I would find out after the fact) When I came out the next morning, I discovered that the Garmin was missing. I reported it to the front desk, who also called the local police (Greece, NY). The police took the report.

The bar is undergoing renovation work and there are a number of construction types working here. I would hope that a business traveler would not steal from another business traveler. My hunch is that a worker on the site saw a target of opportunity, knowing full well there are no cameras anywhere outside this hotel.

I would strongly suggest that this hotel increase their security practices. At the very least, there should be a perimeter of cameras keeping an eye out for its guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DelMonte_Hotel_Group, General Manager at Rochester Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your comments. It's always good to receive constructive feedback from our guests. I appreciate the opportunity we had today to speak about this and will follow up on this issue as discussed. I look forward to your return visit.